Carson Palmer speaks out...

[quote]CINCINNATI—Dismayed at the prospect of facing another challenging season, Bengals’ quarterback Carson Palmer told local media he’d much rather retire than have to play another season on the Bengals with Carson Palmer at the helm. “Let’s face it,” a despondent Palmer told reporters, “I’ve been pretty awful lately, and I’m not going through another season with me playing quarterback.”[/quote]

[url]http://www.tauntr.com/content/carson-palmer-rather-retire-play-team-led-carson-palmer[/url]

... :ninja:

[quote]“I’ve been pretty awful lately, and I’m not going through another season with me playing quarterback.”[/quote]

Hey Carson! Wherever you go, there you are.

This team is loaded with young talent at the skill positions. Give it 1 more year.

Seriously, how does this thing work with Palmer? He hasn't officially submitted retirement papers correct?
Will the Bengals start fining him for being a no-show? I would have thought they might wait and see if he was gonna cave before committing to Gradkowski, or anyone for that matter.

I know you can't wait around and let people get away, but what is Palmer's official status?

[quote name='phillybengal' timestamp='1311863102' post='1005209']
Seriously, how does this thing work with Palmer? He hasn't officially submitted retirement papers correct?
Will the Bengals start fining him for being a no-show? I would have thought they might wait and see if he was gonna cave before committing to Gradkowski, or anyone for that matter.

I know you can't wait around and let people get away, but what is Palmer's official status?
[/quote]

I'd like to know too. I just wish he would say something. I'd have more respect for him if he told the Bengals organization & all of the fans to go to hell. Then I could move on with my life.

[quote name='phillybengal' timestamp='1311863102' post='1005209']

[/quote]

if he doesn't show, he'll get put on the "did not report/non-IR" list. He won't count as a roster spot, and his salary won't count against the cap. And obviously he won't get paid.

My guess is he gets traded in March.

[quote name='saphead' timestamp='1311863564' post='1005215']
I'd like to know too. I just wish he would say something. I'd have more respect for him if he told the Bengals organization & all of the fans to go to hell. [b]Then I could move on with my life.[/b]
[/quote]

:lol: at the bolded.

Personally I want Mike Brown to go after his signing bonus, man got a big bonus to that extension and with 4years left brown has every right to get some of that back.

So 6years more for $15million, so they could possibly re-coup $10million of it.

Pretty damn good money.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1311867971' post='1005262']
Personally I want Mike Brown to go after his signing bonus, man got a big bonus to that extension and with 4years left brown has every right to get some of that back.

So 6years more for $15million, so they could possibly re-coup $10million of it.

Pretty damn good money.
[/quote]

YES!!!

I'd like to know too. I just wish he would say something. I'd have more respect for him if he told the Bengals organization & all of the fans to go to hell. Then I could move on with my life.
[/quote]

he told you in february that he is going to retire. Did you forget already?

[/quote]

He has a loyalty clause in his contract, no way he says anything that would give Mike recourse on money paid to him.

Archived