How do you justify losing?

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1316552053' post='1034275']

Sorry dude, all the football fans I know basically feel this way as outsiders: [i][b]"Carson retired rather than play for the shitty Bengals just like Barry Sanders did with the Lions"[/b][/i]. I talk to hundred of football fans every weekend and when I wear my Bengals gear, that is the general consensus.

That is what the public thinks. You are delirious if you think otherwise.
[/quote]

Unless Carson goes on to play for another team, he will mostly be forgotten by general fans in 10 years. He was never great enough to leave a lasting memory for anyone but Bengal fans.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1316552630' post='1034285']

Unless Carson goes on to play for another team, he will mostly be forgotten by general fans in 10 years. He was never great enough to leave a lasting memory for anyone but Bengal fans.
[/quote]

That's why the internet will always remind them of this :)

[img]http://www.trojannyc.com/images/2007/05/17/p21_3.jpg[/img]

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1316552443' post='1034280']

We've had this discussion before.
Your friends are stupid. It's up to you to educate them.
Since you're stupid too, I guess you'll both continue to be stupid.

Wait. You have "hundreds of friends you talk to every weekend"?
Now that's really stupid.

I live around a bunch of Packers fans. No one here compares Carson to Barry.
They just call him a quitter. And say the team is better off without such a player.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into ANOTHER Carson thread. One being wasted on him here is
more than enough.
[/quote]

I'm not a Mike Brown-ahovah Witness. I'm not going door to door to hand out Bengals propaganda and convince the world Carson is a quitter.

I help run a huge flag football league. I talk to hundreds of die hard football fans every Sunday.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1316552580' post='1034283']
I don't think Sois was putting Carson in the same class as Sander. At least I hope he didn't. But he was making the comparison that those 2 players would rather retire than play for the team they were drafted by anymore.
[/quote]

They still don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.

Carson was on a team that won the division and was touted as a legit Super Bowl contender.
Carson said there was no excuse. He then went out and threw a career high INTs. And then
put the blame on the organization and his teammates. And he also quit because of his Wife.

Barry Sanders > Carson all day, every day, in every way.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1316552876' post='1034289']

I'm not a Mike Brown-ahovah Witness. I'm not going door to door to hand out Bengals propaganda and convince the world Carson is a quitter.

I help run a huge flag football league. [b]I talk to hundreds of die hard football fans every Sunday.[/b][/quote]

...they probably just tell you what you want to hear so you don't call them a tool. ;)

[quote name='Cricket' timestamp='1316553056' post='1034291']
...they probably just tell you what you want to hear so you don't call them a tool. ;)
[/quote]

Nah, either side of the argument stings for a Bengals fan. If someone calls Carson a quitter pussy, it stings. If someone calls the Bengals shitty, it stings. There is no bias either way.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1316552876' post='1034289']

I help run a huge flag football league. I talk to hundreds of die hard football fans every Sunday.
[/quote]

You don't have to be anything to educate people. Telling people the truth is all it takes.
Knowing is half the battle.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEVb7aM1K5g[/media]

And you don't have to go door to door, since you talk to them every weekend.

Sorry dude, all the football fans I know basically feel this way as outsiders: [i][b]"Carson retired rather than play for the shitty Bengals just like Barry Sanders did with the Lions"[/b][/i]. I talk to hundred of football fans every weekend and when I wear my Bengals gear, that is the general consensus.

[/quote]
That is true...but that is the only thing he has in common with Barry Sanders.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1316553419' post='1034297']
You don't have to be anything to educate people. Telling people the truth is all it takes.
Knowing is half the battle.

And you don't have to go door to door, since you talk to them every weekend.
[/quote]

haahhahaha +1 for GI Joe

The only thing I know 100% is that Carson Palmer would rather retire than play for the Bengals and make $11.5 million. Anything else is just speculation and rumour. The reasons why are not known for sure and it would be irresponsible to run with them.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1316554706' post='1034303']

haahhahaha +1 for GI Joe

The only thing I know 100% is that Carson Palmer would rather retire than play for the Bengals and make $11.5 million. Anything else is just speculation and rumour. The reasons why are not known for sure and it would be irresponsible to run with them.
[/quote]

for $11.5 million I would Jerk off Mully with those tweezers :)

[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7793/mullyjackzt2.gif[/img]

Sorry dude, all the football fans I know basically feel this way as outsiders: [i][b] "Carson retired rather than play for the shitty Bengals just like Barry Sanders did with the Lions"[/b][/i]. I talk to hundred of football fans every weekend and when I wear my Bengals gear, that is the general consensus.

[/quote]

Not out here in CA. Most of the fans don't care about Carson.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1316559086' post='1034314']

Not out here in CA. Most of the fans don't care about Carson.
[/quote]

Nobody "cares" about him here either, it's just that if they have an opinion, it's that of "shitty Bengals made him quit".

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1316559155' post='1034315']

Nobody "cares" about him here either, it's just that if they have an opinion, it's that of "shitty Bengals made him quit".
[/quote]

Nobody out here even had that opinion.

I did find it surprising what with the press spreading it around.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1316552739' post='1034286']

That's why the internet will always remind them of this :)

[img]http://www.trojannyc.com/images/2007/05/17/p21_3.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Hmmm...

Shaelyn wraps her strap on in a bun before she gives The Quitter the high hard one?

Didn't want to know this, but it fits the story line...

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1316543026' post='1034226']. Last season was bad, but the team was talented. 2-7 in games decided by more than one score. That means the team was better than the record.
[/quote]

No it doesn't. The only thing it means is we lost. There aren't any brownie points in the NFL. At the end of the season people look to Cincinnati and see Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, Terrel Owens, and Cedric Benson and wonder why they were 4-12. No one sits there and says "Damn, that was close, what a great team." If anything, it would be just the opposite, seeing all those guns in the rack and getting those results end up with people saying "God, they really suck"
MULLY

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1316555342' post='1034306']

for $11.5 million I would Jerk off Mully with those tweezers :)

[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7793/mullyjackzt2.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Good Lord, this is making the rounds again? HAHA!!
MULLY

How do you justify losing? That doesn't even make sense. I think some posters were excited about what they saw out of Dalton and Green on Sunday and may have gone a little overboard. I myself described the game as frustrating but encouraging. I won't waste my time pointing out the differences between this year's team and last year's team. It obvious to anyone with common sense. If Go can't understand that, there's not much you can say to him. Brat is no less fired now than he was before Go decided to once again bitch about it. Palmer is still a quitter, too. I won't hate on fans who are happy about the future of the Bengals instead of bitching about the past.

[b]When I think of Denver and the Bengals I think of so many memorable games...my first NFL game was 10-22-00 the Bengals were playing the Broncos..they beat them and nobody expected it to happen..Corey Dillion broke the yards rushing record it was so awesome..the record was later broken by Jamal Lewis ..then Adrian Peterson...[/b]

[b]Then my first Monday Night Football game in October of '04 Bengals and Broncos..The atmosphere was amazing..the biggest talk before the game was how Chad Johnson ..yes it was Johnson at the time would match up with cornerback Champ Bailey. Chad burnt him right in front of my ..all he saw was green grass and the endzone...the Bengals showed everyone what they could do in the lights.[/b]

[b]Christmas of 2006..I will remember sitting down for dinner with my family..the Bengals game was almost over..I thought they had it ..I thought this team will make it's run..and my Christmas evening would end perfectly..then Brad St. Louis became the most disliked guy in Cincinnati until Shayne Graham took it back in the '09 playoffs against the Jets. Bengals lose..the streak of losses in Denver continue.[/b]

[b]Two years ago the opener at Paul Brown Stadium..it was a beautiful day..and the game was actually really boring...the score was 6 nothing Broncos and I actually never thought the Bengals were going to lose..then they put one in the endzone ..seconds to play Denver would get the ball back and all we had to do was stop them. Then the call that I hear over and over "Orton pumps to the sidelines pumps again..batted up..oh my Stokely ..can they catch him..oh my..Brandon Stokley..87 yards..wow." Bengals lose off a tipped pass..my mouth dropped to the floor of the stadium and it was the longest walk to the car ever. All I could think was really this is how a season should never begin...[/b]

[b]Yesterday the Bengals played the Broncos what was different about this time ..it was with a new group of guys..few guys who were on the team during the last 3 meetings..the guys out there yesterday only knew one thing and only wanted to do one thing and that was win. Andy Dalton goes on the road throws for 332 in the air..27 of 41 for two touchdowns..no interceptions finds AJ Green and Jerome Simpson with both wideouts getting over 100 yards each..what was so neat about that is these guys weren't supposed to be able to play..they shouldn't know how to play in an NFL game..these guys are brand new to the offense and most brand new to the NFL..these guys have no experience..it's going to be hard ..Dalton isn't a first round guy..Will Green be able to feel the void of Ocho..this team went 4 and 12 with good players last season..they will be lucky to win a game..those are some of the things I've heard in the past 5 months.[/b]

[b]They didn't win yesterday ..but what was different with those guys ..I wasn't nervous when Andy would step back to pass..he wasn't nervous to throw the ball ..he made plays..the wideouts made plays..heck the defense didn't look that great but they forced two turnovers..that game showed again that if they played an A game they will win some games. [/b]

[b]I never thought in the past 12 years of going to games and really becoming a fan of this team that I would actually think they were going to win it being down by 2 with just seconds to go and a field they would have to get down.. I thought they were going to win yesterday..they didn't ..but the same feeling I had with 30 seconds to go [/b][b] is the same feeling I have this morning. These guys will be ok. [/b]

[b]http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lindsay.html[/b]

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/WillAnderson79"]WillAnderson79[/url]Willie Anderson

You have to give Bengals Manangement a A in finding Andy Dalton after this Carson Palmer thing! The Kid is pretty damn good.
[url="http://twitter.com/#!/WillAnderson79/status/115566360163131392"]18 Sep[/url]

And A PLUS for taking AJ Green. This offense (SHOULD) be in good hands for a long time!
[url="http://twitter.com/#!/WillAnderson79/status/115566953766199297"]18 Sep[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1316567904' post='1034352']

You have to give Bengals Manangement a A in finding Andy Dalton after this Carson Palmer thing! The Kid is pretty damn good.
[url="http://twitter.com/#!/WillAnderson79/status/115566360163131392"]18 Sep[/url]

And A PLUS for taking AJ Green. This offense (SHOULD) be in good hands for a long time!
[url="http://twitter.com/#!/WillAnderson79/status/115566953766199297"]18 Sep[/url]
[/quote]
100% agreed. This offense with AJ, Jerome, and Gresh should be dynamic within the next year. Get a little better on the interior and find a explosive running back and we are set.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1316569463' post='1034356']
100% agreed. This offense with AJ, Jerome, and Gresh should be dynamic within the next year. Get a little better on the interior and find a explosive running back and we are set.
[/quote]

I just hope we win superbowl for Backer while he's still around :P

Archived