Bengals bring back Maualuga

I simply do not want ANY LB who sucks at coverage.   This is a passing league and become more so every year.  If your coverage skills suck, GOOD O Coordinators will take advantage of it.     Teams use play action on 3rd and short all the time which makes Rey's head spin around and spit out green vomit.

keep telling yourself that.  They won't eat that money.

Are we talking REAL money or Cap money only for this year?   If its real money I agree.  If its cap money I don't.  We have $34 MILLION in cap space. Who the fuck are we going to sign to get to that number?  Andre for 7.5 leaves $26.5.  NO FUCKING WAY we get close to the cap this year.  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

And if they don't? Everyone seemed pretty certain Rey was gone this year.

Everybody but the guys that coach him.  They kept telling us that he was someone they wanted to keep, but it was always "coaches speak" in some people's eyes.  Even now, you have posters saying what a horrible player he is, and how great their personal evaluation view is of him.  Laughable, is what it is.

I simply do not want ANY LB who sucks at coverage.   This is a passing league and become more so every year.  If your coverage skills suck, GOOD O Coordinators will take advantage of it.     Teams use play action on 3rd and short all the time which makes Rey's head spin around and spit out green vomit.

are you dumping Burfict then?  Hate to break it to you, but for as average as Maualuga is in coverage, he was better than Burfict last year.

The Bengals defense gave up 15 receiving touchdowns last year.  I can think of at least 4 that were given up by Burfict.

are you dumping Burfict then?  Hate to break it to you, but for as average as Maualuga is in coverage, he was better than Burfict last year.

The Bengals defense gave up 15 receiving touchdowns last year.  I can think of at least 4 that were given up by Burfict.

I will let you know in 3 years.  Burfect was an undrafted raw FA LAST YEAR.  I see tremendous upside with him, none with Rey.

Also, Burfect was very similar to Odell his first season.  Made some mistakes but made some great plays.  Rey rarely makes great plays.

Everybody but the guys that coach him.  They kept telling us that he was someone they wanted to keep, but it was always "coaches speak" in some people's eyes.  Even now, you have posters saying what a horrible player he is, and how great their personal evaluation view is of him.  Laughable, is what it is.

If he is so great kenneth then why was there very little interest in him. He is young yet not much interest. I understand the value of being able to step in burfect if an injury occurs but at best he is average

If he is so great kenneth then why was there very little interest in him. He is young yet not much interest. I understand the value of being able to step in burfect if an injury occurs but at best he is average

At best, he was the worst MLB in the league or damn near close.

I think the point he was making is that sometimes you can take the coaches on their word. They said they wanted him back and here he is. Nothing else matters.

Bad decision to bring him back, godawful decision to pay him 6.5 mil. Bengals should have been looking to upgrade from Rey and Lawson. Bringing Howard back will give us an upgrade if he's healthy but we still need to use an early pick on a linebacker plus probably a mid round pick or sign another vet. Keeping Rey doesn't solve any problems for us, in fact it perpetuates one.

I never said he was "GREAT", that's just another perception on this board because I don't say he SUCKS every moment.  He is a Decent Linebacker who appears to be better in a position where he can play and not have to think and play.  I felt and still feel that some people on here only watch our games to find plays they can use to talk down our players.  Our Coaches said they wanted him back, but that never mattered because some of you didn't.  Once again, it's laughable.

I never said he was "GREAT", that's just another perception on this board because I don't say he SUCKS every moment.  He is a Decent Linebacker who appears to be better in a position where he can play and not have to think and play.  I felt and still feel that some people on here only watch our games to find plays they can use to talk down our players.  Our Coaches said they wanted him back, but that never mattered because some of you didn't.  Once again, it's laughable.

Again, he sucked as an MLB.  No if and or buts about it.  Ok against the run 2 years ago at SLB.  Is a 30% player worth 6.5 over two years who HONESTLY is NOT a passable backup at MLB?  I think not.

I would never had guess re-signing Maualuga would have been so polarizing.....

:ph34r:

Love it, hate it. or if you are somewhere in between the Bengals had their plan. They were crystal clear on what that plan/1st priority was.  Now they are executing it.  

Hard for me to believe they couldn't give that money to a better player. I don't see any reason to keep someone on a roster when they've proven themselves a liability. I don't expect every player to be HoF caliber but a starter should at least be average. Even a back-up should be versatile, dependable, or have untapped potential. Rey has that last one but at this point I'm not sure why they'd ever expect for him to reach it.

That being said, maybe a good percentage of his contract is incentive-based, which would be better. I doubt that's all guaranteed money.

I would never had guess re-signing Maualuga would have been so polarizing.....

:ph34r:

Love it, hate it. or if you are somewhere in between the Bengals had their plan. They were crystal clear on what that plan/1st priority was.  Now they are executing it.  

x2.  Like the move, hate the price.

Archived