Bengals bring back Maualuga

If he wasn't the weak link on D, how do you explain Houston's game plan in the playoffs?  How do you explain his play last year in particular?  If Marvin pissed on your leg and told you it was raining you'd thank the heavens for the rain. 

Has a coach ever been wrong before in your opinion?  What about Marvin in particular with player personnel issues?  Just because they brought him back doesn't validate your deluded view that he's a good LB, or has played like a good LB. 

Whatever, ikota.  I don't mind being called a homer or called anything else by you guys, because I don't agree with you.  I have never really given a shit what other people think.

Right about what? All he said is that people are wrong for daring to question Zimmer.

Which, again, is horseshit. 

Wow.. I'm responding to Kenneth. My bad, I should know better than that by now.

You really should know better.  You can't win.

So lets go through the list of those who are wrong about RayM...

The coaches and management of the Bengals

The coaches of the other 30 teams who failed to exploit the worst MLB in history and reduce our rating below top 6

And who's right?

A couple of web sites that rate journeyman OL as the best players in the league by far.

Sounds reasonable.

Looks good except I think Emmanuel Lamur is far ahead of guys like Moch and Rey. I think he will definitely be one of the top 5 LBers. He got some playing time in some really important situations last year down the stretch against the Steelers and Texans. I think the Bengals will give him a shot at competing for a starting job. At the very least, I think he is a roster lock.

Oh yeah Lamur is cool, I do like him better than stupid Moch

The coaches of the other 30 teams who failed to exploit the worst MLB in history and reduce our rating below top 6

And who's right?

A couple of web sites that rate journeyman OL as the best players in the league by far.

Sounds reasonable.

The weird thing is that the same websites who had him ranked as piss poor last year had him ranked as very good in 2009-10 at SLB, which is where he will be playing. Couldn't they have jus looked at their past grades for a more accurate assessment?

Also, while I do like the signing of Rey, I also think it is fair for fans to give their opinion even if it differs from that of the coaches. These are the same coaches who tried really hard to trade up to draft Taylor Mays at the top of the second round, but couldn't pull off a deal and had to settle for Carlos Dunlap. These same guys who valued Mays over Dunlap are not perfect and make mistakes.

If Ohalete was resigned in 2006, would it have made you happy? 

A very apt comparison, imo.

For YEARS, we moaned and groaned here about our d-line. And how badly they sucked. And how much their inability made LB play damn near impossible behind them. And now we have one of the top D-lines in the game, and our MLB play last season was simply crap. Until the playoff game, when it graduated to atrocious. Which reminds me very much of a certain SS..

I can only hope a move to SLB will help. But if I see 58 in the middle in week one, I'm going to lose my mind.Getting rid of 58 was my top free agent priority for the offseason.

I love being a homer, but I just can't get behind this move.

For YEARS, we moaned and groaned here about our d-line. And how badly they sucked. And how much their inability made LB play damn near impossible behind them. And now we have one of the top D-lines in the game, and our MLB play last season was simply crap. Until the playoff game, when it graduated to atrocious. Which reminds me very much of a certain SS..

I can only hope a move to SLB will help. But if I see 58 in the middle in week one, I'm going to lose my mind.Getting rid of 58 was my top free agent priority for the offseason.

To be honest with you, if I see 58 in the middle wk 1, that tells me that they're not serious about winning.   There's just no justification for it.  Hopefully and most probably we won't so as Marvin says, thats a good thing.

Rey Maualuga fucking sucks at football and if you cant watch a game and realize that, then you are an idiot. How many times in the past 3 years have we seen him completely whiff on a RB in the open field or be completely inept at stopping an option route from an opposing RB? The best hitting he does is parked cars in Newport.

We had the most cap room to spend in the entire LEAGUE and don't do shit! I'm not asking to blow 30 million dollars, all I am asking is to upgrade a position or two whether that be ILB or Safety. Maualuga will flat out get you beat and we just gave him 6 million dollars. 

Being a Kentucky Wildcats and Cincinnati Bengals football fan is going to make me die an early death.

I like this guy.

And who's right?

Sounds reasonable.

Whats wrong is this:  We have $32 mil in cap space.  7 or 8 will go to Andre.  Hoping a 6 or 7 mil to other players to include Adam Jones.  So where does that leave us?   $18 mil under the cap?   I am not saying we spend $6 mil on a linebacker but we certainly could have spent 2 to 4 and upgraded the position and gotten Debbie Downer out of town.  Nick Roach is a 3 position player and would have cost about the same.

Sweet tears

To be honest with you, if I see 58 in the middle wk 1, that tells me that they're not serious about winning.   There's just no justification for it.  Hopefully and most probably we won't so as Marvin says, thats a good thing.

Yeah, i mean I hate the individual pieces of a top 10 d. Makes perfect sense.

Whats wrong is this:  We have $32 mil in cap space.  7 or 8 will go to Andre.  Hoping a 6 or 7 mil to other players to include Adam Jones.  So where does that leave us?   $18 mil under the cap?   I am not saying we spend $6 mil on a linebacker but we certainly could have spent 2 to 4 and upgraded the position and gotten Debbie Downer out of town.  Nick Roach is a 3 position player and would have cost about the same.

I am as tired of his gloom as anyone, going forward with 2 CFA LBs with no experience isn't that good an idea either.  Might as well keep Ray and sign and draft players to push him down the depth chart.

Archived