Who do you want on day 2?

Who has actually seen Cyprien play? Do all of you get the Florida International package?  Or are most of you wanting him because he's high up on the draft guru boards?  I want him if the rumors that the Bengals are really high on him and he's truly a good value at 37.

What he said.

I don't remember ever seeing him mentioned here, but I like that LB from Florida, Jon Bostic.

I also like that Safety Rambo from Georgia. 

If we draft a RB, I hope it is someone that is truly a change of pace and not a clone of 

what we already have. 

My two cents worth...

Two VERY good defensive players are left in Brown and Cyprien.I think the Bengals select one of the two with their first pick(assuming they're both still there),and I have no idea which one they like better.Then possibly RB at 53.What if they select Brown,then Swearinger is there at 53?I'd grab both in a heartbeat if that scenario unfolded.That would potentially make the defense something special;RB can wait until the 3rd if that happens.

I do NOT want Lacy at 37.I'm not sure why,I can't really put my finger on it,but I'm not crazy about him.I like Gio,and I like Ball,and I also like Franklin.It's pretty safe to say one of the three should be there at 53,hence my picks at 37.

I don't remember ever seeing him mentioned here, but I like that LB from Florida, Jon Bostic.

I also like that Safety Rambo from Georgia. 

If we draft a RB, I hope it is someone that is truly a change of pace and not a clone of 

what we already have. 

I love that rambo guy, i also like the bostic guy too, 3rd rounds though I'm thinking?

Were you thinking 2nd round?

All the top RBs are still on the board. And the best two WRs in the draft are still on the board.

We're not going to pass on them for some small school project at safety who won't even come in and start for Zimmer. Not with the way Zimmer loves veterans at the safety position and relies on them to know the defense so well and basically be the QB of the secondary.

So, it's the morning after and my somewhat unpopular rant about selecting BPA with the first three picks, regardless of position, is still in play.

Very cool.

Best, the S and RB positions actually deserve to be mentioned in the BPA conversation.

Things are matching up nicely. Plus, there's a couple of fallen angels to consider.

BPA, BPA, BPA

All the top RBs are still on the board. And the best two WRs in the draft are still on the board.

We're not going to pass on them for some small school project at safety who won't even come in and start for Zimmer. Not with the way Zimmer loves veterans at the safety position and relies on them to know the defense so well and basically be the QB of the secondary.

Yeah?

And at this moment in time,who would this crafty vet be?

Arthur Brown would be a dream.  Realistically, I'm expecting a safety or running back.

Brown would be awesome, but I just don't know that you can roll the dice at safety.

If they played a game tomorrow, either Taylor Mays or George Iloka are starting at safety.

Best prospects left according to....

NFL.com

1. RB Eddie Lacy

2. QB Geno Smith

3. S Jonathan Cyprien

4. OT Menelik Watson

5. DE Tank Carradine

6. QB Ryan Nassib

7. OLB Arthur Brown

8. CB Jamar Taylor

9. DT Jesse Williams

10. MLB Manti Te'o

CBS Sports

1. QB Geno Smith
2. OT Menelik Watson
3. WR Robert Woods
4. CB Jamar Taylor
5. QB Matt Barkley
6. MLB Manti Te'o
7. DE Cornellius Carradine
8. WR Keenan Allen
9. RB Eddie Lacy
10. DE Margus Hunt

Fox Sports

1. OT Menelik Watson

2. QB Geno Smith

3. S Jonathan Cyprien

4. DT Jesse Williams

5. WR Robert Woods

6. DE Tank Carradine

7. OLB Arthur Brown

8. QB Mike Glennon

9. QB Matt Barkley

10. CB Jamar Taylor

SB Nation

1. DE Tank Carradine

2. OLB Arthur Brown

3. WR Keenan Allen

4. QB Geno Smith

5. S Jonathan Cyprien

6. S DJ Swearinger

7. DT Jonathan Hankins

8. DT Jesse Williams

9. OG Larry Warfard

10. TE Zach Ertz

Sporting News

1. QB Geno Smith

2. S Jonathan Cyprien

3. WR Keenan Allen

4. MLB Kevin Minter

5. QB Ryan Nassib

6. WR Quinton Patton

7. DE Corey Lemonier

8. OLB Arthur Brown

9. DE Tank Carradine

10. CB Jonathan Banks

I hope we go Arthur Brown, then Cyprien.  I don't THINK STL picks before us in the 2nd, but I think you have to shore up the LB corps.

I'm pretty sure the coaches believe it doesn't need shored up

Who has actually seen Cyprien play? Do all of you get the Florida International package?  Or are most of you wanting him because he's high up on the draft guru boards?  I want him if the rumors that the Bengals are really high on him are true and he's truly a good value at 37.

I've seen him play, but just at the Sr. Bowl, both in the practices and the game. FIU plays a decent schedule - a number of guys have had success in the NFL from that school, and similar ones like Troy, UCF, and USF.

From what I saw, he can cover quite a bit of ground, and he hits... hard. He's got good size, too. I've seen Swearinger play quite a bit and I like his game, but Cyprien is a bigger guy and the Bengals (lately) seem to be going for that.

Not sure what will happen at 37, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he were the pick.

I say Bernard and then Swearinger. 

Like last year, I dont trust the top RBs will be there through the meat of the 2nd. Could be wrong, but waiting and then missing on Doug Martin could have cost us games/playoff games. 

Safety is a need, but our defense is pretty damn good without it. Our offense is what needs the biggest upgrading. Eifert was an awesome pick, a fast/shifty/burner type RB will go far to complete the Offense and really make it scary.

NFL.com

1. RB Eddie Lacy

2. QB Geno Smith

3. S Jonathan Cyprien

4. OT Menelik Watson

5. DE Tank Carradine

6. QB Ryan Nassib

7. OLB Arthur Brown

8. CB Jamar Taylor

9. DT Jesse Williams

10. MLB Manti Te'o

CBS Sports

1. QB Geno Smith
2. OT Menelik Watson
3. WR Robert Woods
4. CB Jamar Taylor
5. QB Matt Barkley
6. MLB Manti Te'o
8. WR Keenan Allen
9. RB Eddie Lacy
10. DE Margus Hunt

Fox Sports

1. OT Menelik Watson

2. QB Geno Smith

3. S Jonathan Cyprien

4. DT Jesse Williams

5. WR Robert Woods

6. DE Tank Carradine

7. OLB Arthur Brown

8. QB Mike Glennon

9. QB Matt Barkley

10. CB Jamar Taylor

SB Nation

1. DE Tank Carradine

2. OLB Arthur Brown

3. WR Keenan Allen

4. QB Geno Smith

5. S Jonathan Cyprien

6. S DJ Swearinger

7. DT Jonathan Hankins

8. DT Jesse Williams

9. OG Larry Warfard

10. TE Zach Ertz

Sporting News

1. QB Geno Smith

2. S Jonathan Cyprien

3. WR Keenan Allen

4. MLB Kevin Minter

5. QB Ryan Nassib

6. WR Quinton Patton

7. DE Corey Lemonier

8. OLB Arthur Brown

9. DE Tank Carradine

10. CB Jonathan Banks

I'm pretty sure the coaches believe it doesn't need shored up

awesome, thanks.

Who has actually seen Cyprien play? Do all of you get the Florida International package?  Or are most of you wanting him because he's high up on the draft guru boards?  I want him if the rumors that the Bengals are really high on him are true and he's truly a good value at 37.

I've seen him play, but just at the Sr. Bowl, both in the practices and the game. FIU plays a decent schedule - a number of guys have had success in the NFL from that school, and similar ones like Troy, UCF, and USF.

From what I saw, he can cover quite a bit of ground, and he hits... hard. He's got good size, too. I've seen Swearinger play quite a bit and I like his game, but Cyprien is a bigger guy and the Bengals (lately) seem to be going for that.

Not sure what will happen at 37, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he were the pick.

its unfair to call him a BJGE clone.  Lacy is far superior in nearly every way.  Better speed, Better blocker, better cut back runner, better receiver, more power, etc.

He's not a change of pace back to BJGE, I'll give you that.  But by no means a clone.

I agree - Lacy isn't a speed demon, but I think he's quite a bit better than BJGE.

its unfair to call him a BJGE clone.  Lacy is far superior in nearly every way.  Better speed, Better blocker, better cut back runner, better receiver, more power, etc.

He's not a change of pace back to BJGE, I'll give you that.  But by no means a clone.

I don't think it's unfair at all. BJGE is written all over Lacy IMO. I can't think of one runner in the entire NFL that is more like Lacy than BJGE. Similar speed, same running style, not total bullies but will make contact, thick players, not a lot of shake and bake. I find it hard to believe that the similarities aren't glaring.

I agree - Lacy isn't a speed demon, but I think he's quite a bit better than BJGE.

I would like Cyprien or Brown, but if they pick Lacy I wouldn't be upset.. I really god running back sure wouldn't hurt....

NFL.com

1. RB Eddie Lacy

2. QB Geno Smith

3. S Jonathan Cyprien

4. OT Menelik Watson

5. DE Tank Carradine

6. QB Ryan Nassib

7. OLB Arthur Brown

8. CB Jamar Taylor

9. DT Jesse Williams

10. MLB Manti Te'o

CBS Sports

1. QB Geno Smith
2. OT Menelik Watson
3. WR Robert Woods
4. CB Jamar Taylor
5. QB Matt Barkley
6. MLB Manti Te'o
8. WR Keenan Allen
9. RB Eddie Lacy
10. DE Margus Hunt

Fox Sports

1. OT Menelik Watson

2. QB Geno Smith

3. S Jonathan Cyprien

4. DT Jesse Williams

5. WR Robert Woods

6. DE Tank Carradine

7. OLB Arthur Brown

8. QB Mike Glennon

9. QB Matt Barkley

10. CB Jamar Taylor

SB Nation

1. DE Tank Carradine

2. OLB Arthur Brown

3. WR Keenan Allen

4. QB Geno Smith

5. S Jonathan Cyprien

6. S DJ Swearinger

7. DT Jonathan Hankins

8. DT Jesse Williams

9. OG Larry Warfard

10. TE Zach Ertz

Sporting News

1. QB Geno Smith

2. S Jonathan Cyprien

3. WR Keenan Allen

4. MLB Kevin Minter

5. QB Ryan Nassib

6. WR Quinton Patton

7. DE Corey Lemonier

8. OLB Arthur Brown

9. DE Tank Carradine

10. CB Jonathan Banks

Wow. Unlike the first round where there was quite a bit of consensus, now we start to see a lot of deviation.  Pretty telling how inconsistent those top  10 lists are with each other (minus the Geno Smith choice).  As far as I can see, the only guy other than him on all 4 lists is Tank Carradine from FSU.  

I don't think it's unfair at all. BJGE is written all over Lacy IMO. I can't think of one runner in the entire NFL that is more like Lacy than BJGE. Similar speed, same running style, not total bullies but will make contact, thick players, not a lot of shake and bake. I find it hard to believe that the similarities aren't glaring.

let's put it this way, if Lacy and BJGE (separately) run behind the same oline last year, Lacy probably puts up another 300yds.  

It can't be understated how much better last year's running game would have looked with a quality cut back runner, which Lacy is.

I really don't see WR being the pick. How would you put aj gresh eifert Sanu and a 2nd rounder all on the field at the same time?

At this point as for as receiving targets go you have to look at what number threat they will be.

Aj number 1. Gresh and eifert prob 2 and 3. Sanu 4. I think Marvin jones is fine as the fifth threat.

Hell if you get a Gio Bernard that can catch out of the backfield that drops WR3 to 6th.

Archived