With the 53rd pick the Bengals select DE Margus Hunt

I was thinking the same thing. Other than height and a nice first move, it is not conclusive he is really a pass rusher. Or a run-stopper for that matter. Guess with that athleticism he can learn, but this isn't MJ coming out of school--or even Geathers. A project really. Good he doesn't have to do much but learn this season.

zimmer said he was more productive in college than MJ.

And sorry for -1'ing you.  I hit it on accident.  Someone give that guy a +1, lol.

zimmer said he was more productive in college than MJ.

And sorry for -1'ing you.  I hit it on accident.  Someone give that guy a +1, lol.

That's OK...won't be the first minus I have ever received....lol.

Zim knows much more than me...so if he likes him, I am good. But I do see a project here...and not an immediate impact.

That's OK...won't be the first minus I have ever received....lol.

Zim knows much more than me...so if he likes him, I am good. But I do see a project here...and not an immediate impact.

They have room for a project at DE. And this guy can contribute next year as backup. Love re-stocking at DE frankly. 

Obvious developmental pick the Bengals like in a spot like this. I'm excited, sounds like hes got a ways to go until he learns their technique but should contribute on teams from day one and provides security for our two DEs on expiring contracts.

Yep, he'll be scary on special teams with his size and speed. I hope he develops as a player... Zim will have a chance to mold him, for sure.

Keenan Allen falling big-time probably because his knee is still recovering. He would be a steal. Possibly the best WR in the draft.

Some good centers still available. Including Barrett Jones and the guy from Cal.

And for of those obsessed with safety, I said before the draft that the third round is the earliest the bengals would look at taking a safety. So get ready. I said the same thing about LB.

Who played on the interior defensive line on field goals/PATs last season? If it was me, I would put both MJ and Hunt on the inside. Tell me that those two guys couldn't get their hands on some kicks. Talk about giving the kicker something else to worry about. Both Bernard and Hunt should be great on special teams.

Keenan Allen falling big-time probably because his knee is still recovering. He would be a steal. Possibly the best WR in TE draft.

Some good centers still available. Including Barrett Jones and the guy from Cal.

And for of those obsessed with safety, I said before the draft that he third round is the earliest the bengals would look at taking a safety. So get ready...

A couple LBs too.

You also said we would draft offense with the first 3 picks

Archived