Bruno Mars Super Bowl half time show

BigDawgBengal

Grammy-winner Bruno Mars will sing at halftime of the Super Bowl in February, a person familiar with the NFL's entertainment plans told The Associated Press on Saturday.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because no announcement had been made. The official word is expected to come at an event in New York's Times Square on Sunday.

The NFL's regular season began Thursday, and the first full slate of games is Sunday.

The Super Bowl will be played Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. Halftime shows have drawn more than 100 million television viewers in the United States alone in past years.

Beyonce was the star of this year's Super Bowl halftime show in February in New Orleans, where the Baltimore Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers 34-31.

Some recent halftime performers at the NFL's championship game were Madonna in 2012, The Black Eyed Peas with Usher and Slash in 2011, The Who in 2010, and Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band in 2009.

Mars is one of pop music's top acts, with several No. 1 hits, including his most recent, ''When I Was Your Man.''

The 27-year-old singer-songwriter-producer was honored for best male video and choreography for ''Treasure'' at the MTV Video Music Awards last month.

Mars, who was born Peter Hernandez, released his platinum-selling debut, ''Doo-Wops & Hooligans,'' in 2010, and released his second album, ''Unorthodox Jukebox,'' last year. His hits include ''Locked Out of Heaven,'' ''Just the Way You Are'' and ''Grenade.''

No idea on earth who the FUCK Bruno Mars is.  Is he another one of those reality show talent contestant winners?

large_bruno-review-sacha-baron-cohen-bor

Greeaaaat choice!  Well, at least it'll be so freaking cold (February, New Jersey, Night, Outdoors) that he wont perform for long.

I'd much rather watch the Puppy Bowl.  Or frisbee dogs.  Or all of the Budwiser Super Bowl commercials from the beginning of time back-to-back-to-back-to-back... even the Bud Bowl ones.  :)

Here's a segment CBS Sunday Morning did on him a few weeks ago:  Click Here

Not my style of music but the guy worked his ass off to get to where he is.

Does anyone here actually really watch the halftime?

serious question

Fuck no.  

Hell, unless Cincinnati is playing or the stealers are losing, I don't even watch most of the time... 

I miss the days when halftime was fully of wholesome goodness...

2jpo.jpg

Gosh and golly gee!

Then maybe... maybe they can have colored cards under the seats.

And when they flash a color on the jumbotron everyone can flip their 

card to that color

And it will spell stuff out.  Like... like... like... "USA" or in this case

"BRUNO IS A HOMO"

Wouldn't that be cool beans?

I think they should have strippers

or nude JELLO wrestling.

Bruno Mars.... mancard.gif

Sure would love to see Guns N' Roses.  Too bad all we have is fat Axel and a bunch of dudes who aren't Slash, Duff or Izzy... :glare:

I think Axl has actually lost a lot of weight...not that it doesn't make him any less of a pretentious douche or a lousy singer, mind you...

From a musician's POV.. Bruno is mad talented and a good entertainer.

I got no problem with Bruno.  Writes his own stuff, good entertainer, etc..     Just don't let anyone ever associated with Disney or Nickelodeon on the stage.    

Archived