Gruden to Redskins

"So, who's my A.J. Green here? Marvin Jones? Any Geno Atki... aw, crap."

They can draft someone similar (someone close)  to AJ Green or maybe pick someone up in FA.  Plenty of Marvin Jones out there.  Geno is a different animal but we may not have Geno Atkins come game 1 either.

He has Griffen and there is no doubt that guy has elite talent IF they can get thru to him.

First thing I would do is try and pry Hawkins away from the Bengals if I were Jay.

I'm glad he's gone. This was the only way to get rid of him because he wouldn't have been fired.

I'm okay with Hue as OC, not ecstatic but fine with it.

I think there's now less of an allegiance to Dalton. Expect a QB (or two) added via the draft and FA.

I could see one of the D position coaches promoted to DC if Zim goes.

I believe this will be ML's last season. Probably bigger changes coming in 2015.

Agree with almost all of this with the exception of Marvin leaving. I think that they may have influenced Jim Anderson into retirement with this idea. He may come back now. Love the fact that we are less tied into dalton now. I want a better qb and draft a mud round young one for long term.

They can draft someone similar (someone close)  to AJ Green or maybe pick someone up in FA.  Plenty of Marvin Jones out there.  Geno is a different animal but we may not have Geno Atkins come game 1 either.

He has Griffen and there is no doubt that guy has elite talent IF they can get thru to him.

First thing I would do is try and pry Hawkins away from the Bengals if I were Jay.

I'm sure you know that was sarcasm.

But since when do AJ Green's just grow on trees?

Gruden > Shanahan?

I'm fine, if not elated, with gruden leaving, but nervous about them digging up another AFL coach. Speaking of nervous, how about getting Norvous? Isn't he available? They had 99 thousand problems and Norv wasn't one.

Having Hue in the wings is great.   There should be little ramp up time for him to get to work since he's been here 2 years now as an assistant.

Hopefully keep Zimmer on staff then move forward once again to try to take the next step in the playoffs. 

Gruden > Shanahan?

I'm fine, if not elated, with gruden leaving, but nervous about them digging up another AFL coach. Speaking of nervous, how about getting Norvous? Isn't he available? They had 99 thousand problems and Norv wasn't one.

Hue is bascially a done deal as the new OC.

In my opinion, this was a good move for everyone. Unlike some of you, I also think he would have been hamstrung if he stayed, and I'm not sure he would have been kept anyway. Hue was not there to be the RB's coach. Marvin wanted Hue back in the day, and he trust Hue. I also hope that Hue's presence may also keep Zimmer in Cincy. They both have history, and they both like Marvin.

As far as Dalton? I think Hue will make Dalton better. I think the O will have a little less complexity and will be a lot more balanced. Look for more running, more roll outs, more play action and less shotgun.

If I was Mike, I would call Zimmer and tell him he's the highest paid DC in the league, and sit back and let this bitch roll!

Hue is bascially a done deal as the new OC.

Based on....?

Not being an ass, just wondering why this is projected. Especially since there are so many options. I don't like that scenario.. He's no more proven than Gruden. He has more experience, but how good is his track record. Convince me...

Based on....?

Not being an ass, just wondering why this is projected. Especially since there are so many options. I don't like that scenario.. He's no more proven than Gruden. He has more experience, but how good is his track record. Convince me...

Couple tweets have come out about it.   It isn't a done deal as far as we know but 1181 is right saying basically a done deal.

Based on....?

Schefter reported it about an hour ago.

Archived