2014 Reds Season Thread!!! GO REDS!!!

Bunghole

Problem is, where's the value? There aren't many guys on the roster that'd be worth much in a trade.

Chapman/Latos.

I'd say Cueto too but I don't want him to be traded. Sign him to a LTC. Stephenson/Lorenzen or another prospect can fill the void for Latos. One of them will be ready for next year. 

Chapman/Latos.

I'd say Cueto too but I don't want him to be traded. Sign him to a LTC. Stephenson/Lorenzen or another prospect can fill the void for Latos. One of them will be ready for next year. 

Yep.  Frazier, Mes, Hamilton, possibly Barnhart of the position players.  First three being pretty much the entire offense.

Yep.  Frazier, Mes, Hamilton, possibly Barnhart of the position players.  First three being pretty much the entire offense.

With the health of BP, Votto and Bruce the last couple years, I pray that they wouldn't trade Frazier, Mes or Billy. They're the future. 

Mes and Billy are untouchable IMO. 

With the health of BP, Votto and Bruce the last couple years, I pray that they wouldn't trade Frazier, Mes or Billy. They're the future. 

Mes and Billy are untouchable IMO. 

I'd add Frazier to that list, too.  Quietly led the team in RBI's, tied for walks, 20-20 season.  He & Mes were numbers 1 or 2 in just about every offensive category.  Fraze was #1 in at-bats, too, which I think tends to get overlooked even on a team missing their big-name players for much of the year. 

A team needs 2 catchers so that'd rule out Tucker.  Pena is another guy that was productive but missed games.  Not sure if he's a FA after the season. 

Chapman could be the best option, though I'd hate it as a fan & they need to put asses in seats after this sad disappointment of a season.

:37:

We may determine who gets that last WC spot..  Woohoo!

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REDS 2014 POST-MORTEM HERE!

Amazing how one terrible 2-week stretch in mid-summer can set the tone for the whole season.  And it's not like they gave those games away - they were snake-bit and had just about every bad thing that could possibly happen, happen.

Ugh.

I guess. They play 162 games so I can't believe it's just bad luck. They've overrated their own players IMO.

I'd add Frazier to that list, too.  Quietly led the team in RBI's, tied for walks, 20-20 season.  He & Mes were numbers 1 or 2 in just about every offensive category.  Fraze was #1 in at-bats, too, which I think tends to get overlooked even on a team missing their big-name players for much of the year. 

A team needs 2 catchers so that'd rule out Tucker.  Pena is another guy that was productive but missed games.  Not sure if he's a FA after the season. 

Chapman could be the best option, though I'd hate it as a fan & they need to put asses in seats after this sad disappointment of a season.

:37:

We may determine who gets that last WC spot..  Woohoo!

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REDS 2014 POST-MORTEM HERE!

No way in hell do I add Frazier to the untouchable list for the exact reasons you showed above.  He is a guy with limited ability/ceiling, he doesn't have star potential and he had a great season so his trade value will never be higher and he probably just had his career year. Sell him while he is hot and get a good amount for him.

Some combination of the below should be moved:

Chapman

Latos

Marshall

Frazier

Cueto

My dream list would include Votto and Phillips, but Castellini is too dumb for Votto and no other GM is dumb enough to take on Phillips contract unless we give them good talent with it.

No way in hell do I add Frazier to the untouchable list for the exact reasons you showed above.  He is a guy with limited ability/ceiling, he doesn't have star potential and he had a great season so his trade value will never be higher and he probably just had his career year. Sell him while he is hot and get a good amount for him.

Some combination of the below should be moved:

Chapman

Latos

Marshall

Frazier

Cueto

My dream list would include Votto and Phillips, but Castellini is too dumb for Votto and no other GM is dumb enough to take on Phillips contract unless we give them good talent with it.

You think someone would take on Joeys contract?

If ANYBODY is willing to take on our big contracts, we should give them away for next to nothing. A player to be named would be enough.

The freedom from being rid of those contracts would be worth far more than the return from another team.

Put all 3 of Votto,Phillips, and especially Bailey on the market for the next hot pocket out of the microwave and it's a deal.

Good lord that Bailey contract is a complete disaster for this team.

Archived