Josh Gordon suspended for the year?

Well, I for one think Cleveland made a smart move. All Watkins gives them is a possible replacement for Gordon. As awesome as Watkins was in college, fact is Gordon was awesome as a pro. Drafting Watkins does nothing to make Cleveland better only possibly the same.

The new (criminal) owners are trying to build something. Dropping 5 spots to get an extra #1 from a shitty team like Buffalo is a great move long term considering you are losing your best player this year. Also, Gordon simply can't be expected to stay clean for a year anyways.

I forgot who has the draft value chart but my guess is a 9 and let's say 15 (next year) is worth more than just a 4.

Well, I for one think Cleveland made a smart move. All Watkins gives them is a possible replacement for Gordon. As awesome as Watkins was in college, fact is Gordon was awesome as a pro. Drafting Watkins does nothing to make Cleveland better only possibly the same.

The new (criminal) owners are trying to build something. Dropping 5 spots to get an extra #1 from a shitty team like Buffalo is a great move long term considering you are losing your best player this year. Also, Gordon simply can't be expected to stay clean for a year anyways.

I forgot who has the draft value chart but my guess is a 9 and let's say 15 (next year) is worth more than just a 4.

I can give you that.  If you know you're losing Gordon this year, you're kind of already screwed.  So trade down, get an extra first rounder next year.

No way they're anywhere near as good/ready as Gordon.  Gordon is on AJ's level.

Somewhere Dre Kirkpatrick breathed a sigh of relief.

Gordon looked good because he was in the air coryell offense,the browns are now switching back to a wco Offense, so if he dose play this year his stat numbers won't be the same as last year.

Yes but you have to discount the value of a first round pick next year, because it is of no use this year at all.  The usual equation is that the value drops a round.  So the Bills #1 next year is about equivalent to their #2 this year.

Wonder if the Browns get rid of him.  Let's hope.  This guy is pretty tremendous.  Does it all.

I can't blame them for passing on Watkins, though.  They got an extra first rounder for moving back 5 spots.  Now their pick at that spot sucked, but I would take that all day.  Wide Receivers aren't usually worth two first rounders.  

Yes but you have to discount the value of a first round pick next year, because it is of no use this year at all.  The usual equation is that the value drops a round.  So the Bills #1 next year is about equivalent to their #2 this year.

Yeah but the fact is Clevenland, in reality, lost a #1 top 10 draft pick this year simply by losing Gordon.    The GM basically made the move so he could get that pick back although it won't be until next year. 

What will happen this year is Cleveland will sit Johnny Football most of the year unless they think their oline can protect him.  I have my doubts they even consider starting him early on.  The track record of new QBs going into bad situations with a weak supporting casts is pretty bad.

.We had no choice with Dalton but he had AJ.   Seattle had a great team and was able to stick in Wilson.  Cleveland lost both Gordon and Burelson is seems.  Might as well throw out the cannon fodder and develop Manziel.

The Bobby Beathard rule.

So wait....let me get this straight...

Cleveland KNEW about Gordon and Burleson long BEFORE the draft...and didn't draft a WR (yet), but that's another story...

Then bragged about selling a bunch of season tickets with the Johnny Football hype...

and THEN finally made the WR announcements to their fans???

WOW!!!  If I was one of those sheep that bought season tickets yesterday I'd want my money back.  Not illegal I guess, but clearly slimey.

Stay Classy Cleveland!!!

Yeah but the fact is Clevenland, in reality, lost a #1 top 10 draft pick this year simply by losing Gordon.    The GM basically made the move so he could get that pick back although it won't be until next year. 

What will happen this year is Cleveland will sit Johnny Football most of the year unless they think their oline can protect him.  I have my doubts they even consider starting him early on.  The track record of new QBs going into bad situations with a weak supporting casts is pretty bad.

.We had no choice with Dalton but he had AJ.   Seattle had a great team and was able to stick in Wilson.  Cleveland lost both Gordon and Burelson is seems.  Might as well throw out the cannon fodder and develop Manziel.

That would be the smart thing to do...but you could have done all that with a decent WR being picked as well.  Even if you give them the round 1 miss, not picking one in round 2 seems unsound to me.   That second shutdown corner just seems like luxury to me...unless they think Haden will flee the team next year.

Not starting Manziel would be smart.  But IS Cleveland smart?  Trading up three times just seems to say that this is a team panicking more than this is a wise and well thought out plan.  Those trade-ups cost them players, and lord knows they need those players.

Cleveland KNEW about Gordon and Burleson long BEFORE the draft...and didn't draft a WR (yet), but that's another story...

Then bragged about selling a bunch of season tickets with the Johnny Football hype...

WOW!!!  If I was one of those sheep that bought season tickets yesterday I'd want my money back.  Not illegal I guess, but clearly slimey.

Stay Classy Cleveland!!!

They didn't announce the suspension to the fans, it was reported by Outside the Lines on ESPN

Stay Classy Cleveland!!!

Just read Burleson will be fine by training camp.  Still, they don't have a #1.

Maybe Cleveland has someone they really love in the 3rd round at WR and this was their strategy all along.  Maybe Unicorn horns are made of diamonds.

They didn't announce the suspension to the fans, it was reported by Outside the Lines on ESPN

They CAN'T announce the results of a positive drug test.   The proper path is for the league to met out punishment and typically they give the "in violation of the league substance abuse policy".  The league wont tell you what that substance is either by league rules.  Almost all of this stuff gets leaked to the press before this takes place however.

Just read Burleson will be fine by training camp.  Still, they don't have a #1.

Maybe Cleveland has someone they really love in the 3rd round at WR and this was their strategy all along.  Maybe Unicorn horns are made of diamonds.

They don't have a 4th round pick until pick 27...they traded into round 3 for a RB yesterday.

Stay Classy Cleveland!!!

That's like having a Ferrari with no TIRES  :pointlaff:

And someone else in round 3.  Apparently nobody will be split wide in Cleveland next year.

What do you mean? Are you denying that ironhands Greg Little is an adequate NFL receiver?

Gordon was a good #1, Hawkins is a good #3, and they are set at TE. So all they needed was to upgrade the #2 position and maybe add a developmental guy on day 3. Instead they lose their star, pass on the best WR (perhaps hoping Evans would be available at 9 to pair with Manziel), and now find themselves with dreck at WR1 and WR2. 

Archived