Sink or Swim: RGIII, Bradford, Cutler, Dalton

Anyone want real Bengal news?   A friend of mine is a trainer with the Bengals.....and they said Dalton looked really good today.   Taking command, moving guys around, helping with playcalls etc....  I felt encouraged but then I remembered Dalton sucks. 

ha ha... so there was a chance for a second.

Dalton 4 HOF

I'm gonna say this, I will root my ass off for Dalton this season since he will be our main guy. I'll let the season play it self out and see what happens. I just hope he doesn't get an extension until the season is over or maybe during the season if he's having a stellar year. 

ha ha... so there was a chance for a second.

:lol:

I shouldn't have put the last part in, but I couldn't help it.  I'm a troll like that ;) 

Seriously though, I heard he looked damn good today and was taking charge of the offense along with Hue.  Also was told that Dalton and Hue have been spending A LOT of time together, on and off the field.  All these things are encouraging to me because even though I present myself to hate Dalton with a passion, I realize he's our QB and his success = team's success. 

Anyone want real Bengal news?   A friend of mine is a trainer with the Bengals.....and they said Dalton looked really good today.   Taking command, moving guys around, helping with playcalls etc....  I felt encouraged but then I remembered Dalton sucks. 

Bullshit. He sucks

Bullshit. He sucks

schotzee, if it was anyone else aside from you making that post, I would text every Dalton Defender (tm) to come neg rep your post and tell you how much your post has ruined teh entire site and that you're a troll.  But luckily it's you so I won't. 

I shouldn't have put the last part in, but I couldn't help it.  I'm a troll like that ;)

Seriously though, I heard he looked damn good today and was taking charge of the offense along with Hue.  Also was told that Dalton and Hue have been spending A LOT of time together, on and off the field.  All these things are encouraging to me because even though I present myself to hate Dalton with a passion, I realize he's our QB and his success = team's success. 

that all sounds great to me...

And that last part is what I said forever ago... AD is going to be our QB this year..no doubt about it, so I am all in with the man.

schotzee, if it was anyone else aside from you making that post, I would text every Dalton Defender (tm) to come neg rep your post and tell you how much your post has ruined teh entire site and that you're a troll.  But luckily it's you so I won't. 

1. Shit, was that your 513 number I accidentally added to our group message? lol

2. Someone should photoshop like a group of 5 bengals fans (like one nerd, one fat guy, etc) standing there in bengals superhero getup with "DD"s on their chest. Would be kinda funny.

3. Serious note, good to hear the part about dalton taking control, etc. I truly believe Hue will work wonders for AD. 

1. Shit, was that your 513 number I accidentally added to our group message? lol

2. Someone should photoshop like a group of 5 bengals fans (like one nerd, one fat guy, etc) standing there in bengals superhero getup with "DD"s on their chest. Would be kinda funny.

3. Serious note, good to hear the part about dalton taking control, etc. I truly believe Hue will work wonders for AD. 

All your phone numbers are belong to me. 

Rumble is one of the best posters on here, he always is trying to have fun and talk football or babes... and if anyone finds anything wrong with that... switch to a fucking stealers site. scharm, on the other hand, has turned into a troll for some reason. This site, like most other football related sites, sucks during the off season.

I would agree with that.

Ty kind sir!

By the way, there is actually a middle ground on dalton, not that any of the usual trollers will admit to it.  

I think he has shown improvement, I appreciate what he has accomplished in his first few years, but I also wouldn't sign him to a long-term deal now and hope that he shows the next step that I for one would like to see - better performance in "big games" before the Bengals commit to him longer-term. 

Also, I hope the "big game" performance improvement extends to the head coach and some of his teammates as well.

There, a middle ground. Not that any of the people who troll this topic want that. They just want to fuck up the site, perpetually. 

Figured I would respond to one of the few real posts here. I think your stance makes sense. Though I do think people tend to get hung up on the thought of elite pay and getting locked into 5+ years of Dalton.

Like you pointed out there is plenty of room for middle ground. If you approach the subject of the contract with 20 mil a year and 5 years leading the way, of course people start panicking and justifiably would rather not hitch themselves to him at those numbers.

But I think if your frame the argument with the reality that sustained regular season success is difficult to achieve in the NFL, and that Andy's 3 years have resulted in the most successful stretch of our team's history during the regular season (as well as setting franchise records) it should be obvious that this sample size is just not big enough to totally judge the player. When you consider the difficulty any team would face replacing their QB with a draft pick in 20s (its been laid out numerous times by me but no one can point to a team with consecutive playoff berths that voluntarily changed QB in the past 3 decades) you can begin to see that maybe the middle ground is the best thing for the Bengals.

By that I mean, we don't hitch our wagon to Andy for 5 more years at Peyton Manning money, nor do we plan to go in another direction next year. We sign him now while the leverage is ours with a deal that leaves us options after 2015. I think that will ultimately look like "elite money" but it should be structured so that if he is 0-5 in the playoffs after 2015 we are better prepared to part with him because A) We are now convinced he can't get it done in the clutch. And B ) have had two full seasons to develop a plan B (maybe AJ, maybe a FA next year or earlier draft pick).

I definitely think people have been jaded by our success and if we had been 8-8 in 2011 and missed the playoffs and 9-7 in 2012 and missed the playoffs we would all probably be here hoping they get him locked up and looking forward to how he performs in his second trip to the post season. The grass is not greener with ZERO alternatives out there. 16 Sundays in the fall I think we can beat whoever takes the field...it hasn't always been that way, and an objective look around the league shows that we are in a much better spot than 2/3rd of the teams, that's why I think its imperative we do what is necessary to ensure that success for another few years.

I think he could get better and I'm willing to give him the 2014 season to show that degree of improvement.

The big equation is this: determining amount of improvement + a projection of future improvement x size of contract.

This next contract will really tie the team's future and cap directly to Dalton. Gotta get this right. $20mil/yr for 5 years based on a stellar performance is far easier than $15mil for marginal improvement.

Fyi, barring a step backwards, he's getting minimally 15mil somewhere.

I'm gonna say this, I will root my ass off for Dalton this season since he will be our main guy. I'll let the season play it self out and see what happens. I just hope he doesn't get an extension until the season is over or maybe during the season if he's having a stellar year. 

This is it. Why rush to pay a giant question mark. 

Archived