Bengals mailbag: Sign Greg Hardy as a free agent?

He's the only true impact player at a position this team desperately needs.

Of course, they wont even try. Probably bring in Michael Strahan instead. He's a big name, afterall and can read them the morning news.

He was never coming here

This is what happens when SWAG speculation becomes reasonable belief. The latter should be based on fact, and the former should contain at least a teaspoon.

Other than wispy "shoulds" by media hacks and internet musings...just where was there any fact-based reason this guy was going to be here? Or even wanted here?

And now that it is reality he is going somewhere else, people are bitter?

I can't prove that he's black but if he is Bengal_Smoov I do know he has always claimed to be. I find your accusations of racism laughable because I have seen what he has to say in the J&W forum on these matters and it's consistent. Just because he doesn't like gangster rappers doesn't mean he is a racist.  Frankly I find your actions embarrassing for you, and I would advise that you should probably stop showing your ass now.

BTW, Hey Smoov! Didn't realize that was you.  One of my favorite cats from back in the good ol' days,

Ive seen picks of Smoov, (no not Dick pics like Alley cat) and yes he is black.

Insider Buzz: NFL Will Likely Suspend FA Greg Hardy, Long-Term Contract Unlikely

The NFL will suspend free-agent defensive end Greg Hardy for his role in a domestic-violence case, according to Bleacher Report NFL Insider Jason Cole.

Will the suspension prevent Hardy from getting a long-term deal? How long will he be suspended?

Watch as Adam Lefkoe and Cole discuss the latest on Hardy in the video above.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2393274-insider-buzz-nfl-will-suspend-fa-greg-hardy-unlikely-to-get-long-term-contract?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Insider Buzz: NFL Will Likely Suspend FA Greg Hardy, Long-Term Contract Unlikely

The NFL will suspend free-agent defensive end Greg Hardy for his role in a domestic-violence case, according to Bleacher Report NFL Insider Jason Cole.
Will the suspension prevent Hardy from getting a long-term deal? How long will he be suspended?
Watch as Adam Lefkoe and Cole discuss the latest on Hardy in the video above.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2393274-insider-buzz-nfl-will-suspend-fa-greg-hardy-unlikely-to-get-long-term-contract?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

I'd still take him. Maybe even get him cheaper now. Screw MJ honestly. Let him chase the money instead.

He's going probably get at least 8 games, any team that signs him has to be prepared to play a significant part of the season without him...

This is so fitting, with his nickname being the Kraken and all.  Sign him up, let him wait for 8 games, then unleash him and all his pent up frustration, anger, homicidal tendencies.  Bengals can paint guns on the turf and those are the spots he will throw QBs down on.  

He's going probably get at least 8 games, any team that signs him has to be prepared to play a significant part of the season without him...

I doubt he gets 8 games. The judge already overturned the arbitrator's ruling in the Peterson case and said the league couldn't impose the new domestic violence policy retroactively for incidents that occurred before it was announced. With no prior convictions and charges dismissed Hardy should get no punishment at all. Worst case he should get credit for the 15 games missed last year and merely fined. 

This is so fitting, with his nickname being the Kraken and all.  Sign him up, let him wait for 8 games, then unleash him and all his pent up frustration, anger, homicidal tendencies.  Bengals can paint guns on the turf and those are the spots he will throw QBs down on.  

I just don't think he will make it without another incident or doing something stupid during that time period. Imagine Hardy in Cincinnati with too much free time on his hands, plenty of women to beat up...dangerous combination. 

I just don't think he will make it without another incident or doing something stupid during that time period. Imagine Hardy in Cincinnati with too much free time on his hands, plenty of women to beat up...dangerous combination. 

I don't trust him one bit to stay clean.  I mean, he's trying to be a gangsta rapper....that's all that really needs to be said.  I'd love to have a guy like Hardy, but not if he won't be available to play on Sundays.  

Guy like Hardy meaning someone who gets to the QB at will.  

I doubt he gets 8 games. The judge already overturned the arbitrator's ruling in the Peterson case and said the league couldn't impose the new domestic violence policy retroactively for incidents that occurred before it was announced. With no prior convictions and charges dismissed Hardy should get no punishment at all. Worst case he should get credit for the 15 games missed last year and merely fined. 

The NFL doesn't care about the laws of man, they are above reproach..what King Roger and the powerful lords that own the NFL teams want, they get. 

I don't like what the guy stands for, I hope the Bengals steer clear from Hardy. 

The NFL doesn't care about the laws of man, they are about reproach..what King Roger and the powerful lords that own the NFL teams want, they get. 

I don't like what the guy stands for, I hope the Bengals steer clear from Hardy. 

While it's clear that Goodell wants to impose punishment on Hardy, the NFL usually loses before Judge Doty. If after the Peterson ruling they impose a 6 game suspension on Hardy, the NFLPA will file a grievance claim. They will eventually win the claim and could easily ask for punitive damages for acting in bad faith. I wouldn't be surprised if the judge hit the league with a big penalty, ie a multiple of Goodell's salary. Say $100 million. That's enough to get the owner's attention. 

LOL christ!

Frankly, Hardy has a case to sue the NFL now, given that their delay in determining his status is delaying his ability to sign with a team at the height of FA.

The NFL claims a paid suspension isn't discipline. That's laughable. It keeps a football player from playing football. It keeps him from earning any incentives in his contract. It makes the team get by without him, thus weakening his job security. Hardy would definitely be attracting more interest if the league had come out when charges were dismissed and said the matter was over. But they are claiming they have a right to punish him retroactively under a policy that wasn't in effect at the time of the incident. That won't fly before anyone independent of the NFL.

Yeah, but I'm also arguing that he isn't able to sign right now because of the uncertainty, which exists only because the NFL is taking it's own sweet time, something which I have to consider entirely intentional given the lack of justifiable reason. Goodell is acting like a child who knows he isn't going to get what he wants and so is stamping his feet and holding and crumbling to the floor so he can't be moved against his will.

Archived