Bengals to workout WR Mike Williams

I like this, he had a few good years in Tampa before injuries derailed his career. If he is healthy they could get a really good player for cheap.

As for the draft the Bengals should take at least 2 WR in my opinion because currently the cupboards are bare outside of AJ Green., the Bengals have a bunch of UDFA's and a vet coming off a down year. If AJ gets hurt again are screwed, so the Bengals need to load up on talent at that position as much as possible. Two picks in the draft this year would give them the talent infusion this team needs

Weren't there 4 receivers named Mike Williams at one point?

Just two I think. This one and the big guy out of USC who was a massive bust for the Lions and then after being out of the league for a while had a decent season for the Seahawks before falling off the map again. 

This Mike Williams is talented but a major head case. He quit the team at Syracuse his senior year for no apparent reason and slid to the mid-rounds of the draft due to character concerns. Came in and had a big rookie year for Tampa but didn't do too much after that. Supposedly had no work ethic and showed up out of shape and not knowing the playbook. He's bounced around the last few years and was actually out of the NFL for most of last season. 

Seems like a guy who maybe you give a non-guaranteed veteran minimum deal to and see if he shows up at camp with his head on straight. Worst case, he's a camp body and you cut him (like Denarius Moore). It's a major longshot, but maybe he ends up putting it all together like Pacman did. 

With Zampese as the OC I think the Bengals will throw the ball more down the field as he learned the NFL from his dad who many consider to be one of the best offensive minds in the history of the NFL. If they are going to throw the ball more down the field they need a ton of talent at the WR position and the current crop of guys on the roster outside of AJ Green and Brandon LaFell caught 3 passes last year, so we need more veteran experience. 

I hope they sign a few more vets, draft a few guys early in the draft, and let competition decide who gets on the roster. Mike Williams or Hakeem Nicks have had success in the NFL, not sure what they have to offer at this stage of their careers but if the guys who get paid more money than I do to make these decisions decide to work them out and they see what they like then decide to sign them then I'm on board. 

With Zampese as the OC I think the Bengals will throw the ball more down the field as he learned the NFL from his dad who many consider to be one of the best offensive minds in the history of the NFL

Really looking forward to more draw plays out of the shotgun.

Archived