Bengals-Stealers on Oct. 22 'flexed' to later start time

29 minutes ago, Griever said:

TYVM  hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif   for posting.  Its away so that gives me a Sunday morning and afternoon to do nothing in particular.  I'm OK with that.

I can't imagine how sloppy drunk the Pittsburgh locals will be with an extra 3 hours of tailgate time.

They will be in rare form when the Bengals blow them out with a half dozen picks and fumble recoveries.

And the game will be over just in time for the new season premier of Walking Dead.

Has the making of a fantastic Sunday.

2 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

Should be able to blow through commercials and some stupid commentary at least. 

Once I got used to watching recorded games instead of live it is hard for me to deal with all of those commercials.  Cutting out commercials and halftime gives me an extra hour to do something else on Sunday.

Nothing beats watching a game live with other fans, but there are no Bengal fans down here.  Luckily I have some friends who get together for the big UT games.

it was flexed b/c they want the Calif. fans.....

shows that now that the AFC north is up for grabs, {especially if/when K.C. kicks the Stealers ass this sun} this Bengals v. Steeler game is more important....

I just love to see the Stealers crumbling.....baby ben choking....& they have no back-up QB to speak of.....hahaha

& the Ravens are no real threat.....they will fold....b/c they're too old.....& slow

this AFC North div is ours this yr....  WHO-DEY

15 minutes ago, pucksinwah said:

it was flexed b/c they want the Calif. fans.....

shows that now that the AFC north is up for grabs, {especially if/when K.C. kicks the Stealers ass this sun} this Bengals v. Steeler game is more important....

I just love to see the Stealers crumbling.....baby ben choking....& they have no back-up QB to speak of.....hahaha

& the Ravens are no real threat.....they will fold....b/c they're too old.....& slow

this AFC North div is ours this yr....  WHO-DEY

Dude...you are just asking for a beatdown.

AverageFan nationwide hasn't caught up with the real-time status of events yet. They are just barely out of summer, and only now beginning to pay attention to the NFL (kneeling, etc notwithstanding). 

AvgFan still wants to see the "elite teams"--and you-know-who fits this description of wants. CBS will hype it--angling heavily Black and Gold. The Bengals will simply be the opponent. Doubt much will be said like "comeback Stealers". AvgFan will tune in like Pavlov's Dog. And the NFL will deliver their usual assistance in providing CBS with what AvgFan is expecting to see--the "elite team" win against the no-name Milwaukee Bucks. And just in time for 60 Minutes and the gala Sunday evening programming. 

Set your watches to it.

Of course they will hype Pittsburgh, they have been the more dominant team since.......Al of our lives. Not sure what the issue is. Again, I've said it so many times, if the Cincinnati Bengals....and their fans it's seems, want it to stop, them they have to put a stop to it on the field. Losing 7 out of last 8, including an absolute shit show in wild card game, is not going to get anyone to talk about you, but your die hard fans. The Bengals are the reason the Bengals aren't talked about more.

Oh yeah, it couldn't have anything to do with the Bengals surging and the Stealers struggling along with their recent history against each other in while being in the same division. No.

Not to mention the now obligatory playoff meltdown / rematch angle. Honestly, Cleveland pregame talk show hosts asked the question "have the Bengals ever recovered from the playoff loss to the Stealers?" just a couple of weeks ago.

But then again, if you're Cleveland, your used to epic meltdowns and lifelong angst.

37 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

So Happy, my brother and sister in law scheduled their twins baptism for 1pm that day.....was not happy about it....now I'm happy about it.

So you can do a dunk and dash.  Cool.

Just make sure that if you are asked to hold one for a picture you don't spike the little nipper and do the Ickey shuffle.

On 10/11/2017 at 7:33 PM, Jason said:

I used to prefer 1pm starts, but our church is further away now and we barely get home in time for 1pm games.  Especially if we stop to get lunch.

The message here is very clear...church is evil!

On 10/12/2017 at 2:03 PM, High School Harry said:

Just make sure that if you are asked to hold one for a picture you don't spike the little nipper and do the Ickey shuffle.

Think of the lifelong stories though! Just don't spike him on the soft spot on his head and he'll be fine.

On 10/12/2017 at 2:03 PM, High School Harry said:

Lunch at Trio After, really gonna get antsy in my pantsy come 4pm.

I hope that in this "prime time" matchup Geno sacks Big Fat Ben 4 times in the 1st half, and we build a 17-0 lead so we can watch all the Yinzers tuck their tails and run back to their tailgates. And on the 1st series of the second half, Burfict de-cleats that little whiney ass bitch across the middle on the cleanest hit of his career. Then Dalton hits Kroft on consecutive drives for TD's and we forget the kid's name we drafted from Notre Dame. Is this too much to ask?

17 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

I hope that in this "prime time" matchup Geno sacks Big Fat Ben 4 times in the 1st half, and we build a 17-0 lead so we can watch all the Yinzers tuck their tails and run back to their tailgates. And on the 1st series of the second half, Burfict de-cleats that little whiney ass bitch across the middle on the cleanest hit of his career. Then Dalton hits Kroft on consecutive drives for TD's and we forget the kid's name we drafted from Notre Dame. Is this too much to ask?

Throw in a 97yd end around from Ross on a move in which he literally breaks mike mitchell's ankle.

Archived