Eric Reid files collusion grievance against the NFL

oldschooler

This isnt a case where you MAY debate if he has enough talent to be playing somewhere as Kapernick you can go back and forth on (though I do think Kapernick is better than alot of backups in the NFL currently). Reid has the talent to be a starting Saftey in the NFL.

I hope he wins his case.

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I'm not sure how it works today, but I  know in the past if you are suing the NFL or an NFL team you will not be signed by anyone.  Reid is guaranteeing that no one will sign him with this action.

Don't matter if he gets paid.  I'd sue them bitches, too.  Time to start using their game against them!

57 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Do we know for sure why we didn’t offer him?

Or, did we offer and it wasn’t good enough?

I thought Mike B asked him if he would stand for the Anthem and Reid refused to answer.   Once again if Reid and his agent (Kaepernick as well)  would simply tell the rest of the world what he is asking pay wise then I could form an educated opinion.   Kaepernick would be a good backup here, far better than Matt BARFly.  Would he take back up money and sit the bench is a question he needs to answer. 

31 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I thought Mike B asked him if he would stand for the Anthem and Reid refused to answer.   Once again if Reid and his agent (Kaepernick as well)  would simply tell the rest of the world what he asking pay wise then I could form an educated opinion.   Kaepernick would be a good backup here, far better than Matt BARFly.  Would he take back up money and sit the bench is a question he needs to answer. 

I seem to remember that being bantered about, wasn’t sure what the veracity of the report actually was.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Good luck suing the NFL.  :rolleyes:

Especially since he was offered a contract and he turned it down. He gets to be choosey and still be able to sue because nobody has signed him.

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

I seem to remember that being bantered about, wasn’t sure what the veracity of the report actually was.

The only version of what happened is from an un-named source that was later reported to be Reid himself. It appears to me that he never intended to sign here and only came here to stir the pot. And the bengals fell for it. 

Seriously though, how can he and his lawyer(s) allege collusion amongst the entirety of the NFL when all he can say is "The 49ers didn't want me, and neither did the Bengals". That's TWO teams out of 32! How is that even remotely construed as collusion? If he were Kaepernick and had been trying to get a job for a couple years now then maybe he'd have something. But that's not the case here.

Just now, Bunghole said:

Seriously though, how can he and his lawyer(s) allege collusion amongst the entirety of the NFL when all he can say is "The 49ers didn't want me, and neither did the Bengals". That's TWO teams out of 32! How is that even remotely construed as collusion? If he were Kaepernick and had been trying to get a job for a couple years now then maybe he'd have something. But that's not the case here.

Who knows in this crazy world anymore if you get a shrewd enough lawyer.

I am pretty sure the owners want to avoid half a stadium booing their own players. It’s not good for ticket sales and marketing, but it does make for great TV.

This is the pettiest, most inane issue a Pro sports team/league has EVER been cast under the blanket for.

The NFL bleeds fake patriotism, seeing as how it pays for over flights, parachuting in, etc.

In case you don't remember, I am one cog in a long line of family service dating back to WWI when my first generation of (adopted) family took the "dago boat" over here. It seems I am the only family vet "without a war", especially since my unit deployed so late in the Persian Gulf War that we did literally nothing...

Anyhoo, if any of this is true the NFL owners, despite being almost all super rich, old white men, need to grow a pair and stand up to Trump. That blustering idiot President cannot do dick to the NFL and they should know it. They're just afraid of exposure. Fuck that...if the NFL had an ownership group that stood together and made some kind of sense as to their position on this issue, preferably through a polished PR firm, they'd win the fence sitters back over.

The ones that are just crazy rebel flag bearers aren't going to be convinced anyway. 

It just so happens that I have been in contact with my attorney, Waldorf T. Flywheel esq., of Flywheel, Shylock and Flywheel, Attnys at Law, about suing the NFL for collusion because I have never been offered an NFL contract.  We contend that I have just as much right to an NFL contract as Skippy and Fluffy if the seller (S&F) can demand the buyers (NFL owners) hire them.

Image result for waldorf t flywheel

Waldorf, esq.

On 5/4/2018 at 9:03 PM, Bunghole said:

This is the pettiest, most inane issue a Pro sports team/league has EVER been cast under the blanket for.

The NFL bleeds fake patriotism, seeing as how it pays for over flights, parachuting in, etc.

In case you don't remember, I am one cog in a long line of family service dating back to WWI when my first generation of (adopted) family took the "dago boat" over here. It seems I am the only family vet "without a war", especially since my unit deployed so late in the Persian Gulf War that we did literally nothing...

Anyhoo, if any of this is true the NFL owners, despite being almost all super rich, old white men, need to grow a pair and stand up to Trump. That blustering idiot President cannot do dick to the NFL and they should know it. They're just afraid of exposure. Fuck that...if the NFL had an ownership group that stood together and made some kind of sense as to their position on this issue, preferably through a polished PR firm, they'd win the fence sitters back over.

The ones that are just crazy rebel flag bearers aren't going to be convinced anyway. 

Sorry but a rather large portion of NFL fans don't like players kneeling for the anthem, and some Madison Avenue PR firm isn't going to change their minds. 

Many of these fans were irate before Trump opened up his mouth.  

You are 100% correct about the league and it's phony patriotism but the same can't be said about many of their fans.

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

Sorry but a rather large portion of NFL fans don't like players kneeling for the anthem, and some Madison Avenue PR firm isn't going to change their minds. 

Many of these fans were irate before Trump opened up his mouth.  

You are 100% correct about the league and it's phony patriotism but the same can't be said about many of their fans.

If someone kneeling for the anthem gets you angry you have some pretty severe issues going on. 

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

If someone kneeling for the anthem gets you angry you have some pretty severe issues going on. 

If you had paid attention in school and learned to comprehend written English you would realize I NEVER said how I feel about people kneeling.  Go back to school.

EDIT:  By the way, some people love this country and consider standing for the Anthem a part of being a good American.  Accusing them of having serious issues is the mindset and attitude that resulted in Donald Trump becoming President.  You don't get to decide what other people feel although you think you should.  There are a lot of people out there that don't like pampered millionaire athletes telling them what to think.  My father, a  Naval Aviator (with John McCain) and nuclear submariner during Vietnam no longer watches the NFL.  He lost too many of his friends in North Vietnam and with the Thresher sinking to support players who don't respect the flag.  

As far as myself, I dont give a shit what any NFL player does.  If we are going to have Joe Mixon and Pac Man on this team I can either quit watching or simply ignore what they do before and after games if I want to remain a fan.

Archived