1st Round Trade?

26 minutes ago, spicoli said:

There's a fairly decent chance IMO that Sewell and Smith go 2 and 3...no particular order.

Who do we take if that's the case?

I'm not sold on Rousseau. 

Trade back.

Its so up in the air right now that whatever scenario we wind up in is probably not what Ill have in mind..

Lots of jumping up in draft would seem likely..

Who really knows?..

10 hours ago, spicoli said:

With Fields out of the top 5, there's a fairly decent chance IMO that Sewell and Smith could go 2 and 3...and in no particular order.

Trade back.

Why is Fields out of the top 5?   Did I miss something?

13 hours ago, spicoli said:

With Fields out of the top 5, there's a fairly decent chance IMO that Sewell and Smith could go 2 and 3...and in no particular order.

Trade back.

Ideally, trade down. If not, Pitts, Chase or Parsons. I am really, really hoping the Bengals do something un-Bengal-like and go heavy and hard in free agency on the offensive line mitigating the need to draft there early. I really wish there was a high level DT or DE available this year as the defensive line needs a lot of work, too.  

7 hours ago, spicoli said:

Well not for sure but he's getting advice to go back to school for another year. I don't think people would be telling him that if they thought he still had a chance to be a top 5 pick.

Jerry Jeudy was the 15th pick last year and guaranteed 15 million.  No way he goes back. BEST case scenario is he goes to a somewhat decent organization and thrives like Mahomes or Herbert 

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Jerry Jeudy was the 15th pick last year and guaranteed 15 million.  No way he goes back. BEST case scenario is he goes to a somewhat decent organization and thrives like Mahomes or Herbert 

Hes not going back like the rest of the top 5 or 6 arent..

Money money money on the line.

Judon, Ngakoue, Ingram, Dupree, Leonard Williams. Barrett and Clowney are out there.  Barrett and Clowney may be the best followed by Williams. Could a possible solution be signing Moton or Thuney and then Barrett or Clowney, drafting Chase and taking a solid OL prosptect at 28? The OL will be significantly better, we will have the Edge we need and another prime WR to give Burrow an additional potentially great downfield target and the time for him operate along with blocking for Mixon/Gio. I don't think the question is whether we are going to improve. The question is how and how much. Will an Offensive or Defensive focus take us the furthest? I think this scenario does both with just 2 FAs and the top 2 picks and there is still the rest of the draft to find 2-3 players who can contribute.     

I don't care if they sign Thuney or Scherff, I hope they go heavy with oline/defense in the draft. If they want speed at WR,they could wait til  the later rounds or grab one in FA. I don't want Burrow smacked around like a pinata next year or watch the D give up 400 yards rushing again. What i want to happen:

a) Draft Sewell (if there)

b) Trade down a few slots and take 2nd best olineman and pick up an extra 3rd

c) Parsons

d) draft whatever WR/TE/shiney thing Mike has his eye on and then curse while throwing things at the TV

On 1/16/2021 at 9:50 AM, spicoli said:

I would suggest that if the coaches have done alot of the scouting on players and who the team picks that under Taylor, Williams is the only pick on this list we should examine as the rest were taken by Marvin. 

And I completely disagree with him about Williams being more suited for guard, and his injuries this year were minor such that had it mattered he would have come back to play. Otherwise when he has played Willams has been our best linemen, even if that isnt saying much.

But let's say for a moment he's right and Willams is better suited for guard, we would still need a LT.

I think Willams who played more RT in college (IIRC) could move to RT and Sewell come in and play LT, then we could fill out the middle of the line much easier.

Don't agree with the article at all.

I think our top option is almost equal in trading back or Sewell. I think there are about 6 players that could go in that top 6 picks. 

1. Trevor Lawrence

2. Zach Wilson

3. Justin Fields

4. Micah Parsons

5. Penei Sewell

6. Ja'Marr Chase

Our 3 options are probably, 

1. Sewell

2. Chase

3. Trade Back

I don't like the idea of Chase because while I think he is great I think the difference in improvement at the position vs his replacement (Perriman-Conley) etc., and the passes a 3rd option will get is minimal. 

I do like the idea of Sewell but more and more people are coming out and saying he is actually not the top ranked lineman and it's Slater. 

This draft is deep at WR-T and DL and we could get a very quality guy in the mid to late first and pack on a ton of picks. Here are recent trade ups. 

2011 Julio Jones    
Falcons 6th    
Browns 2011 26, 59,124 2012 22, 118  

2012 RG3    
Redskins 2012 2    
Rams 2012 6, 39 2013 22 2014 2

2017 Patrick Mahomes    
Chiefs 2017 10    
Bills 2017 22,27, 91    

2018 Josh Rosen    
Cardinals 2018 10    
Raiders 2018 15, 79, 152    

2018 Josh Allen    
Bills 2018 7    
Bucs 2018 12, 2 2nds, 255    

2018 Sam Darnold    
Jets 2018 3    
Colts 2018 6, 37, 49 2019 2nd  

2019 Devin Bush    
Stealers 2019 10    
Colts 2019 20, 52 2020 3rd  

At this point I think it's very likely Fields is there when we pick 5th. If that's the case the pick will be in huge demand. 

Eagles 6th

Lions 7th

Broncos 9th

Niners 12th

Pats 15th

If all of those teams are battling to move up we might get a decent haul with a lot of studs still left. 

WR

Smith and Waddle

TE

Pitts

OL

Slater, Darrisaw

DL

Barmore, Paye, Rosseau

21 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

And I completely disagree with him about Williams being more suited for guard, and his injuries this year were minor such that had it mattered he would have come back to play.

Easy to say he could've played but the fact is that he didn't.  He's been here 2 years and has been available for what, 10 games? 

I'm not against drafting Sewell but they have to get some kind of capable FA backup at OT.  Counting on a rookie and a guy that's been hurt for twice as many games as he's played would be incredibly stupid.  Letting Joe get hurt behind this dogshit OL was negligent enough, do it again behind some green as grass pair of OT's and we riot.

22 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Until FA is 3 weeks in all these scenarios are  just for fun.  If we picked up a decent RT/ LT in FA then we can start talking trade. 

Correct..problem is the FA OTs are either declining with age (Donald Penn,Jason Peters type)

Bobby Hart would be 3rd or 4th on this list!

Lapham said he doubts seriously if they sign a guard as well..

Sooooo......

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Correct..problem is the FA OTs are either declining with age (Donald Penn,Jason Peters type)

Bobby Hart would be 3rd or 4th on this list!

Lapham said he doubts seriously if they sign a guard as well..

Sooooo......

So I guess it’s another o lineman.  We get a little better on offense so what does that mean?  15th rated offense?  

Couple that with a high 20s rated defense with 1 great player (Bates) and average at best at every other position and well,   Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The media’s excitement for Joe Burrow has already  faded  with Herbert and now Fields probably going to a big media New York team and  TD Jesus going to Urban Meyer led Jacksonville.  

Burrow, from a media / recent success standpoint is the 3rd most interesting QB in the division behind Baker and Jackson.   He needs to start winning and that won’t be easy.  

26 minutes ago, SF2 said:

So I guess it’s another o lineman.  We get a little better on offense so what does that mean?  15th rated offense?  

Couple that with a high 20s rated defense with 1 great player (Bates) and average at best at every other position and well,   Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The media’s excitement for Joe Burrow has already  faded  with Herbert and now Fields probably going to a big media New York team and  TD Jesus going to Urban Meyer led Jacksonville.  

Burrow, from a media / recent success standpoint is the 3rd most interesting QB in the division behind Baker and Jackson.   He needs to start winning and that won’t be easy.  

If thwre wad anyway to trade back ti get Darrishaw around 9 and then grab a prized guard in round two Id feel better about our situation there..

Probably have another 2nd rounder as well in the trade..

Archived