2021 Mock Draft Simulators

53 minutes ago, membengal said:

I am opposite you on Chase. If he's there and Sewell gone, sign me up. And for me, it's close if he and Sewell are both there.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if neither one of them are there.

1..Jax.....Lawrence

2.NYJ.......Justin Fields

3..Mia.......Sewell

4.Atl..........Chase or Pitts

5. Trade w/Det.....Wilson or Lance (Bengals receive at least a 3rd Round pick from Lions)

6..PHI...Lance or Wilson

7. CIN...Slater (or Chase/Pitts)

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I liked it ..Until..

Why would Detroit look fir a QB when they traded for Jared Goff???

Lions have ti replace Marvin Jones and Waddle could fit the bill..

There has been chatter about the Lions looking at QB - despite having Goff. Goff was a salary dump for the Rams, so can he be trusted to get his game back? They may wait a year on this though.

Adam Schefter said 'there will be 4 QB's taken in the first 7 picks, take it to the bank'. 

Top of the draft is very interesting this year

10 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Think this could go down?

1..Jax.....Lawrence

2.NYJ.......Justin Fields

3..Mia.......Sewell

4.Atl..........Pitts or Chase

5. Cinn.......Chase or Pitts

6..Phila......Wilson

7. Det........Waddle

No trades in this..

I hope not..😎

I think you could see a scenario where its

1. Jax - Lawrence,

2. NYC - Sewell

3. Mia - Chase

4. Atl - Fields.

5. Cin........

If that happens I trade down (but not out of the top 10) and take the best T available at the spot we trade down to.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I think you could see a scenario where its

1. Jax - Lawrence,

2. NYC - Sewell

3. Mia - Chase

4. Atl - Fields.

5. Cin........

If that happens I trade down (but not out of the top 10) and take the best T available at the spot we trade down to.

In your scenario, there should be a lot of demand for Wilson so we should be able to get a good price for pick 5. If for some reason we couldn't make a deal, then I'd prefer Pitts as the pick for us. 

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

In your scenario, there should be a lot of demand for Wilson so we should be able to get a good price for pick 5. If for some reason we couldn't make a deal, then I'd prefer Pitts as the pick for us. 

Pitts or Farley. I know we just signed two CBs but I'm not convinced that Awuzie is going to be good.

So many of the people who cover the team or have sources are so dismissive of Pitts at 5 that I am pretty sure he is not in their plans. Lapham, Dragon, Dehner, a few others - lots of cold water there. Pretty sure it is WR or o-line or trade down at 5. 

11 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I would be on the record that a stud TE would help the Bengals offense more than a stud WR.  None the less, I still want the tackle.

I mean, for all intent and purposes, Pitts is pretty much a WR in the fact that he's going to almost always be lined up either outside or in the slot. Sure he'll line up inside some but not enough to call him an actual "TE" IMO.

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I mean, for all intent and purposes, Pitts is pretty much a WR in the fact that he's going to almost always be lined up either outside or in the slot. Sure he'll line up inside some but not enough to call him an actual "TE" IMO.

He is a TE and should be a physical mismatch for many players on the field.  That's what all the great TEs are.  Gronkowski, Kelce, etc.  Good luck covering them in the middle of the field.  Frankly, the 40 time is just window dressing.  Running good routes, using your body to shield the ball, etc. are far more important.  If this guy is that good, which I have no idea, he would be more valuable to the Bengals.  A guy you can target 10+ times a game that is very difficult to cover trumps another good WR.  Good TEs are third down machines.  The Bengals need that more than another WR.

Sorry but if he’s lined up in the slot, in the Y or in the Z positions he’s essentially a WR at that point and he’ll be lined up in those spots MUCH more than he will be in-line....not that they won’t ever use him that way as well. That said though, if Chase and Pitts are sitting there, they’re taking Chase all day long. 100%.

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Sorry but if he’s lined up in the slot, in the Y or in the Z positions he’s essentially a WR at that point. He’ll be lined up in those spots MUCH more than he will be in-line....not that they won’t ever use him that ways swell. That said, if Chase and Pitts are sitting there, they’re taking Chase all day long. 100%.

Totally different matchup.  If Pitts is in the slot he isn’t going to be covered by a 190 lb CB, but if he is that’s good for the Bengals.  It makes a difference.  

Lol I’m not going to keep arguing this but the slot, Y and Z are WR positions. When you put a TE out there he takes the place of a WR...so at that point he becomes just an oversized WR that creates mismatches. Call him TE all you want but he’s going to be lined up as a WR a lot more often than he is in-line. Semantics I know but it makes a difference.

Archived