Jump to content

Bengals Free Agency Thread.


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, stan said:

Brady was  a 6th rnd pick.Golladay sad he wanted 18 milliom a year and he got it.Whitworth was a 3rd rnd pick out of LSU.

 

I'm amazed what the Giants gave him:

 

 

The New York Giants are signing wide receiver Kenny Golladay to a four-year, $72 million deal with $40 million fully guaranteed, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, per informed sources. The deal is worth up to $76 million with incentives, Rapoport added.

 

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-signing-kenny-golladay-to-four-year-72-million-deal

 

 

 

No way the Bengals should do that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

You really believe that?.

Cosmi shows 1st round capability.

Ill give you that..

Leatherwood and Eichenberg arent starting for anyone this upcoming season imo..

Your reaching bigtime there imo.

 
Good thing Reiff is durable and dependable then, huh? 
Groom them for a year. 
And I absolutely guarantee ya that Leatherwood is a starting RT for some team this coming season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The Quitter actually had better numbers in 2006 than 2005 overall. His knee was not his problem going forward, it became his elbow. 
 

Exactly correct: quite probable he goes the route of The Quitter, and excels. The knee becomes less of an issue. Until then, one day at a time. 

He had more yards and TDs, (which I think may have been a function of playing from behind more) but his accuracy was never the same. His ball placement in 2005 was elite. After that he threw a lot more high passes and INTs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

He had more yards and TDs, (which I think may have been a function of playing from behind more) but his accuracy was never the same. His ball placement in 2005 was elite. After that he threw a lot more high passes and INTs. 

Fair points. But was the knee in his head? I didn’t detect that back then, but then again, who was in his head to know? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Fair points. But was the knee in his head? I didn’t detect that back then, but then again, who was in his head to know? 

Noone was in his head..

Why?..

There was nothing in there to start with..

Gifted physically..

Stunted emtionally..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

You really believe that?.

Cosmi shows 1st round capability.

Ill give you that..

Leatherwood and Eichenberg arent starting for anyone this upcoming season imo..

Your reaching bigtime there imo.

That is just wrong. Both could start at G next year and move to T thereafter, and Eichenberg is ready for RT if need be from day 1. You need to read up on Brugler's positional draft preview in the Athletic if you haven't. It has been pasted in the simulator thread, I believe.  Leatherwoood and/or Eichenberg likely available at 38. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Jason said:

He had more yards and TDs, (which I think may have been a function of playing from behind more) but his accuracy was never the same. His ball placement in 2005 was elite. After that he threw a lot more high passes and INTs. 

I think you are mixing up CP after the elbow injury with CP before the elbow injury. It was the elbow in 2008 that really caused that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, membengal said:

That is just wrong. Both could start at G next year and move to T thereafter, and Eichenberg is ready for RT if need be from day 1. You need to read up on Brugler's positional draft preview in the Athletic if you haven't. It has been pasted in the simulator thread, I believe.  Leatherwoood and/or Eichenberg likely available at 38. 

I believe Eichenberg could be a good starting tackle..

First year?.Who  knows but hiis pass protecting ability will enhance his value ..

Leatherwood  looks heavyfooted and  his lack of aggression to hold up in power plays has been noted by more than one analyst.. Seems he just focuses on a block then kinda watches the play materialuze with no extra effort..

Im not sold on him but Ill take a flyer on Eichenberg if needed..

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

Leatherwood, Cosmi and Eichenberg could all come in and start at RT from day one if they had to. 


They could.  And they could suck out loud too.  You act like you know exactly what kind of pros all these guys are going to be.  You don’t, nor do NFL scouts. No one knows for sure until they put on the pads and play. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, membengal said:

I think you are mixing up CP after the elbow injury with CP before the elbow injury. It was the elbow in 2008 that really caused that. 

No, because even in 2006 his accuracy was off of where it was in 2005. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, stan said:

Brady was  a 6th rnd pick.Golladay sad he wanted 18 milliom a year and he got it.Whitworth was a 3rd rnd pick out of LSU.

try again

whitworth was drafted  second round of the 2006 NFL Draft. brady however you are correct 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/20/2021 at 5:37 PM, Le Tigre said:

Fair points. But was the knee in his head? I didn’t detect that back then, but then again, who was in his head to know? 

 

It always seemed to me that his left leg almost never fully planted after the surgery. His passes seemed to sail a lot, especially on out routes. He never seemed the same to me. Just my opinion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sox said:

 

It always seemed to me that his left leg almost never fully planted after the surgery. His passes seemed to sail a lot, especially on out routes. He never seemed the same to me. Just my opinion. 

I get the observation. Many of us in the stands thought the same. Maybe it was us who had it in our heads? 
 

This blurb from an older B/R article summed up the nuts and bolts of his ‘06 season: 

 

“Palmer underwent reconstructive surgery on his knee (in very early ‘06) and vowed to be the Bengals' starting quarterback for the 2006 season. And he did just that, starting every game of that season, and only missing a single snap due to having the wind knocked out of him.”

 

“He put up even more staggering numbers in 2006, passing for over 4000 yards and throwing 28 touchdown passes. He made the Pro Bowl for the second consecutive year, and would go on to lead the AFC down the field in the final two minutes to win the game. He was later named Pro Bowl MVP.”

 

The team should have made the playoffs, except:  

 

“The downside to the 2006 season was that the Bengals struggled elsewhere. They made special teams mistakes, missing field goals and even point-after attempts. After starting the season 8-5, and needing only to win one of their final three games against Indianapolis, Denver, and Pittsburgh, the Bengals fell to 8-8, and missed the playoffs.”

 

But no one could fault Carson Palmer for the disappointing ending to the season. He was still playing at an elite level, and was put in the conversation along side Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Philip Rivers as the best quarterbacks in the league.”

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/544449-cincinnati-bengals-the-rise-and-fall-of-carson-palmer.amp.html

 

By all descriptions, he overcame a shredded knee in Jan 2006—worse than that of Burrow’s—and came back arguably better. With the advances in medicine since even 2006, there should be no problem with young Joe coming back completely. 
 

Just have to keep those other thoughts out of  his head, and the fans. 


 

 

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...