Rams Week - Superbowl news/thoughts thread

5 hours ago, HOF dan said:

That tells us nothing

Local doc: If C.J. Uzomah’s knee is stable and strong, he should be able to play

Is his knee stable and strong? That's what we need to know

25 minutes ago, membengal said:

Literally, CJ said today that he is going to play Sunday. That tells us a little something.

I think he will play but he still has to practice and see how it responds, feeling good and feeling like he will play doesn't matter if he practices and it doesnt respond like he hopes.

Hopefully we get good news after he practices.

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

That tells us nothing

Is his knee stable and strong? That's what we need to know

He doesn’t even know until he tests it.  He’s probably walking around just fine.  Maybe even biking or on the treadmill.  Until he tries to put pressure or cut on it he won’t know.  He needs to wait until the last possible moment to do that so it has as much time to heal as possible. If he did it today he could have a set back.  We’ll all know when we know. 

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Literally, CJ said today that he is going to play Sunday. That tells us a little something.

Indeed. That tells us a lot more than a doctor who's never examined him giving us a what if scenario. That is very news. I hope he can really contribute. I don't wanna see him bow out in the 1st qtr realizing that it hurts too much

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

He doesn’t even know until he tests it.  He’s probably walking around just fine.  Maybe even biking or on the treadmill.  Until he tries to put pressure or cut on it he won’t know.  He needs to wait until the last possible moment to do that so it has as much time to heal as possible. If he did it today he could have a set back.  We’ll all know when we know. 

The question really is - is his knee good enough for him to be better than Sample?

I was thinking the other day that the team has a lot of starters that have played in college championship games, but maybe other teams have them as well especially if you have an Alabama guy from the last 10 years or so.

Just saw that Uzomah was interviewed today and mentioned being in the Florida State / Auburn game.  He caught two passes in a loss.  Didn't even think about him.  Among the starters who have playoff experience

Burrow - LSU champs

Chase - LSU champs

Uzomah - Auburn runner up

Higgins - 2018 Clemson champs

Apple - 2014 OSU champs

Bell - 2014 OSU champs (had INT in semis against Alabama)

Hubbard - 2016 OSU semifinals; redshirted during 2014 OSU NC run

Mixon - 2015 Oklahoma semifinals

Jonah Williams - pick an Alabama team

Carman - 2018 Clemson champs

DJ Reader - 2015 Clemson runner up

I think Isaiah Prince did not play in the playoffs for tOSU. 

18 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

I would have loved to see Geno get a shot a ring with this team. One of my favorite Bengals all time and should indeed be a first ballot HOFer.

22 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

Well that explains why Geno didn't get any NFL offers this year. I'd say after all this time it's a longshot whether he'll ever be healthy enough to play football again

Just now, Sea Ray said:

Well that explains why Geno didn't get any NFL offers this year. I'd say after all this time it's a longshot whether he'll ever be healthy enough to play football again

The odd part of this is he was cleared to play way back in April by the Cowboys doctors.

Archived