Rams Week - Superbowl news/thoughts thread

32 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Jackson Carman didn't practice for the second day in a row due to back injury.  He was at practice in warmup gear, but didn't participate

Uzomah was working out on the side.

Carman out with back issues..

Wonder how long hes played with it..

Just now, Le Tigre said:

Is D’Ante Smith just a tackle…or can he slide inside? Has he played inside? 

And where the hell is XSF? 

D'Ante Smith is a guard imo.

He must struggle in practice or is just too raw right now..

Same with Tre Hill..

I know Hill is a center but couldn't he slide to RG if needed?

Yes Smith and Hill behind Adenijji is odd at this point.. 

XSF is in the Fred Johnson catagory of only in emergency...

On 2/4/2022 at 12:19 PM, AmishBengalFan said:

Sorry.  Don't know him.  Thought I read "landshark", saw he has 8 posts.... assumed another n00b.

I don't fault anyone for only having 8 posts - everybody has to start somewhere and all of us was a n00b at some point - but I really honestly don't know who he is, having only seven prior posts to get to know him by.  You say he's another "returning champion" - okay.  Good enough for me, thanks!  :wave:  

I only have 5.3k.... others who skated and who have come back just this week have nearly twice that.

I know him personally from the old days as does MOC.  Very nice and cool guy, a fine addition to the board.

But then, again, you don't like me, either, so that may not be much of an endorsement.

Or you have me on ignore.

53 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

D'Ante Smith is a guard imo.

He must struggle in practice or is just too raw right now..

Same with Tre Hill..

I know Hill is a center but couldn't he slide to RG if needed?

Yes Smith and Hill behind Adenijji is odd at this point.. 

XSF is in the Fred Johnson catagory of only in emergency...

The two-guard rotation plugged a little gap against KC. Against this d-line, at least a two-man (able to walk and chew gum at the same time) is going to be essential. 

In other words, it is an “emergency”. 

On 2/4/2022 at 10:34 AM, Jungletiger said:

When you Believe you believe

Let me clarify - he has been doing this for a few years, usually with the Astros. He bets a large sum of money, and at the same time he offers his customers that have made a purchase of over 3k, that their purchase will be free if X team wins X game. So he's covered either way - it's not some looney Houston business man making a bet for his favorite team. Lol.

That said - this dude is a community hero. He's always contributing way more than the minimum for the people of Houston. When Hurricane Harvey hit, he let people who were homeless from the flood shelter in his stores, and sleep on his furniture - while Joel Osteen closed the doors of his 'church'.

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The two-guard rotation plugged a little gap against KC. Against this d-line, at least a two-man (able to walk and chew gum at the same time) is going to be essential. 

In other words, it is an “emergency”. 

As far as the pass game goes Hopkins has to hold up against Donald..

Is that possible playing against the greatest 3tech ever?

If Ingram comes from the blindside Jonah will contain him like he did against the Chargers last year..shut him down..

Von Miller against Prince...jeez

So seems Spain will help with Donald 

unless he backs off to cover a blitz..

Adenijji...He cant help either side..He'll have his hands full one on one..

Sample will slide  to help with Miller..

29 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

As far as the pass game goes Hopkins has to hold up against Donald7

Is that possible playing against the greatest 3tech ever?

If Ingram comes from the blindside Jonah will contain him like he did against the Chargers last year..shut him down..

Von Miller against Prince...jeez

So seems Spain will help with Donald 

unless he backs off to cover a blitz..

Adenijji...He cant help either side..He'll have his hands full one on one..

Sample will slide  to help with Miller..

Man the OL is the lesser unit in pretty much every game they play and yet they still find a way to win. It's become like a badge of honor at this point.

Its easy to say Hopkins has to hold up or the right side has to hold up, etc. The reality is though, they never hold up and they still get it done. Crazy to think next Sun is going to be any different.

I'm sure they know that they're at a disadvantage at those spots, but guess what....it simply does not matter. They always find a way. 

Bengals 100% win this game even if Donald finishes the game with 6 sacks. I have ZERO doubt. 

• Jamie_B changed the title to Rams Week - Superbowl news/thoughts thread
21 hours ago, Cat said:

Let me clarify - he has been doing this for a few years, usually with the Astros. He bets a large sum of money, and at the same time he offers his customers that have made a purchase of over 3k, that their purchase will be free if X team wins X game. So he's covered either way - it's not some looney Houston business man making a bet for his favorite team. Lol.

That said - this dude is a community hero. He's always contributing way more than the minimum for the people of Houston. When Hurricane Harvey hit, he let people who were homeless from the flood shelter in his stores, and sleep on his furniture - while Joel Osteen closed the doors of his 'church'.

Mattress Mack is a great guy.  He makes horse racing bets like this too.  He campaigned Runhappy to a BC win and has spent a ton advertising him for stud work. 

46 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Mattress Mack is a great guy.  He makes horse racing bets like this too.  He campaigned Runhappy to a BC win and has spent a ton advertising him for stud work. 

That's awesome! I'm happy he's getting some national recognition.

I'm telling ya - he's always front and center whenever there is a crisis here. And not purposely in front of the cameras, but only because they interview him.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Back issues rarely go away entirely.  Such a wasted draft pick.  I wish him the best, but damn…

Shoot him up or whatever for Sunday. If he can contribute to a Super Bowl victory it's not a wasted draft pick. I'm not looking past Sunday with this guy

I wouldn't read too much into the reports of guys not practicing right now. It likely means that they're dealing with some chronic injuries and there's no sense in them practicing now. My guess is almost all of them play. A couple exceptions might be our and their starting TE

Archived