Jump to content

Random 2022 Stuff


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jamarr-chase-other-bengals-stars-175733903.html

 

Ja'Marr Chase, other Bengals stars celebrate win in style at local restaurant

 
Haadiza Ogwude, Cincinnati Enquirer
Mon, October 17, 2022, 2:21 PM
 
 
After defeating the New Orleans Saints, 30-26, some Cincinnati Bengals players chose to celebrate the victory in style.
Wide receivers Ja'Marr Chase, Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins and running back Joe Mixon visited the new Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse location near Fountain Square following the win on Sunday, according to a tweet from Ruby.
"Thanks guys for dining at our new Jeff Ruby Steakhouse by Fountain Square after beating the Saints," the restaurateur wrote.
 
 
******* Son and I have reservations here after the game Sunday (gift cards).  Made them months ago.
 
 

 

 

 

Enjoy!  I've heard the sliced limes plate is delicious

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

The schedule is extremely favourable for the Bengals to be 6-3 when Week 10 is over, and more importantly, holding the #1 or #2 seed in the AFC going into their last 8 games coming off their Bye.

Gotta wonder about run D with Reader Tupua and Wilson out..

Atlanta will run it like they did the Browns..

 

J.B and his weapons will have to keep notching it up to do that 6-3.

 

My gut is..they will..

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, tibor75 said:

 

Only slightly better than their steak which is incredibly overrated but considered decent by the Cincinnatians/Kentuckians who don't know any better. 

 

Every steakhouse serves the same thing.  Prime steaks through the computerized broiler.  Unless they mess it up there really is little difference.  If you know what you are doing you can do it just as well at home.  What you pay for is service, everything else on the menu, and atmosphere.  To each their own.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

 

Every steakhouse serves the same thing.  Prime steaks through the computerized broiler.  Unless they mess it up there really is little difference.  If you know what you are doing you can do it just as well at home.  What you pay for is service, everything else on the menu, and atmosphere.  To each their own.

I miss the days of T.C Peppercorn and Bonanza 😊

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, tibor75 said:

 

Only slightly better than their steak which is incredibly overrated but considered decent by the Cincinnatians/Kentuckians who don't know any better. 

do you fucking enjoy anything in life?  You literally bitch about everything... 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

 

Every steakhouse serves the same thing.  Prime steaks through the computerized broiler.  Unless they mess it up there really is little difference.  If you know what you are doing you can do it just as well at home.  What you pay for is service, everything else on the menu, and atmosphere.  To each their own.

Ruby gets higher quality cuts of meat than what you can buy at Kroger and many butchers. What gets me is how these guys are dressed. It's the most expensive place in Cincinnati and you're wearing a sleeveless t shirt and sweats?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Ruby gets higher quality cuts of meat than what you can buy at Kroger and many butchers. What gets me is how these guys are dressed. It's the most expensive place in Cincinnati and you're wearing a sleeveless t shirt and sweats?

 

Yep.  USDA Prime is their regular steak.  It's not everywhere, but you can find it at specialty stores and some groceries.  He also has waygu beef if you want to really pay.  That's harder to find, but you can order it online.  I haven't been there in a while.  Sweats?  That is odd. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Local farm/ranch makes all the difference.  Around here I can recommend Reserve Run Farm or the Filbrun's out in Morning Sun.  The latter has the best bacon I've ever had. 

 

Grilling a steak is stupid easy.

 

Going to Jeff Ruby after a game is like going through the drive-through on the way home from work for most of us.  Hence the sweatpants etc - it wasn't some big occasion for those guys.

 

15 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

No offense to anyone's music tastes but I hated Bowie.'s songs except Young American..

 

 

Dude had a lengthy discography, something like 30 full length albums.. So if you only know the radio hits you might like the rest of those mid 70's entries along with the rest of the Young Americans LP.  One of those music careers that really has something for everyone.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2022 at 4:14 AM, UncleEarl said:

 

Nice looking, but looks very....solitary.

Perfect.  Nothing worse than watching a game with people who want to talk about their kids and job. It is why I hated going to a Super Bowl party last February.  My wife got mad when I told everyone to stop talking during every play. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

Going to Jeff Ruby after a game is like going through the drive-through on the way home from work for most of us.  Hence the sweatpants etc - it wasn't some big occasion for those guys.

 

 

 

 

 I thought he meant the staff wore sweats.  Nah...NFLers getting off a plane?  C'mon.  Good on Jeff Ruby for taking care of them. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Local farm/ranch makes all the difference.  Around here I can recommend Reserve Run Farm or the Filbrun's out in Morning Sun.  The latter has the best bacon I've ever had. 

 

Grilling a steak is stupid easy.

 

Going to Jeff Ruby after a game is like going through the drive-through on the way home from work for most of us.  Hence the sweatpants etc - it wasn't some big occasion for those guys.

 

 

 

Dude had a lengthy discography, something like 30 full length albums.. So if you only know the radio hits you might like the rest of those mid 70's entries along with the rest of the Young Americans LP.  One of those music careers that really has something for everyone.

I am a singles listener for the most part

aside from my favorite artists.

So you have a point there..

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

No offense to anyone's music tastes but I hated Bowie.'s songs except Young American..

Hopefully, irony is not lost on insertion of the name of a song in response to sweatpants being worn at a high-end place. 
 

To your point—Bowie had a varied career. He came in as a folksier type, shifting to glam, then to fun rock, then to techno-babble, then back to dance rock, then to reflective folksier again at the end. 
 

A brilliant artist. The ‘60’s and ‘70’s were abundant with them. 
 

Anyhow, back to Jeff Ruby’s and proper steak wear. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

 

Back when a friend of mine had a DJ gig at his Tropicana nightclub the dress code seemed to encourage tracksuits and pinkie rings.

It’s a flip of the script. Go to a high-end place, look shabby. Do a walk off the bus on game day and head down the ramp, dressed to the 9’s (in today’s fashion motifs anyway). 
 


 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...