Jump to content

Keeping our enemies close 2022 season


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

In all fairness, he did it in five quarters.

If the refs had not blown the Ja'Marr touchdown catch and/or Zac had gotten the challenge flag out in time (or at all?)

it would have been less.

Whaaa..Whaa (sorry)

 

I mean how long is Zach waiting to throw?

What a blunder on both ends of the non flag.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

How many years between this guy making a 63-yarder and the next guy? 

Tom Dempsey, historic New Orleans Saints placekicker, dies at 73 after  coronavirus battle | Saints | nola.com

I was at that game.  Old Tulane Stadium.  The sideline seats literally went right down to the field. No wall, railing or anything. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2022 at 2:24 PM, SF2 said:

There is a difference between getting a player a few game speed reps and doing the stupid shit they do.

 

Mahomes, Brady and Allen played one or two series all preseason. Mahomes basically said he just needed to get hit once or twice to flip the clock in his head back on.  
 

Baltimore leaves starters in for extended periods of time to win preseason games.   That is just dumb. 

mahomes played a lot, over two games he had 25+ pass attempts, if i recall he almost played a full half in the second one.

 

** i checked he threw a td pass with 1:46 left in the half so he plaed at least the first half in the second one and a few drives or first qtr in the first one.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

mahomes played a lot, over two games he had 25+ pass attempts, if i recall he almost played a full half in the second one.

 

** i checked he threw a td pass with 1:46 left in the half so he plaed at least the first half in the second one and a few drives or first qtr in the first one.

I mentioned a sequence for practice playtime.

Zach took the extreme appproach on safe side..

JB appendectomy threw alot off.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

mahomes played a lot, over two games he had 25+ pass attempts, if i recall he almost played a full half in the second one.

 

** i checked he threw a td pass with 1:46 left in the half so he plaed at least the first half in the second one and a few drives or first qtr in the first one.

That is way more than I thought but it certainly showed, he was ready at kickoff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I mentioned a sequence for practice playtime.

Zach took the extreme appproach on safe side..

JB appendectomy threw alot off.

 

 

I dont mind the skipping playing, but do the 2 team practices in the stadium with fans watching, and do it twice with two different teams. otherwise guys gotta get a run at least.. shake the suck off.

 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

That is way more than I thought but it certainly showed, he was ready at kickoff. 

 

yea he was ready to roll.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2022 at 10:38 PM, claptonrocks said:

I mentioned a sequence for practice playtime.

Zach took the extreme appproach on safe side..

JB appendectomy threw alot off.

 

The appendectomy had very little to do with it. With the possible exception of Volson ('cause he wasn't a starter at the beginning of training camp), no starters on either side of the ball played in the preseason. Here's the bottom line: This team was not ready and that's on Zac. I will add that this has been a pattern with other Bengal coaches. Many of Marvin's teams weren't ready for prime time come opening kickoff and of course the most obvious example was Dick LeBeau's first season as head coach and the team takes a delay of game penalty on the first offensive series. Whereas the Ravens are always ready to play well game one. This is an issue with this coaching staff and this franchise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I didn't tune in until late in the third quarter, but I didn't have any picture issues.

 

Don't know who Rick Yaklin is but I agree with him. The picture quality was crap. Not up to NFL standards. Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

The appendectomy had very little to do with it. With the possible exception of Volson ('cause he wasn't a starter at the beginning of training camp), no starters on either side of the ball played in the preseason. Here's the bottom line: This team was not ready and that's on Zac. I will add that this has been a pattern with other Bengal coaches. Many of Marvin's teams weren't ready for prime time come opening kickoff and of course the most obvious example was Dick LeBeau's first season as head coach and the team takes a delay of game penalty on the first offensive series. Whereas the Ravens are always ready to play well game one. This is an issue with this coaching staff and this franchise

 

 

What always killed me with Marvin was how they'd come out of the bye week dazed and confused.  You'd be thinking "ok extra week, get some things corrected, maybe make some adjustments & come out ready to win" but instead they'd look like they spent it getting high and eating pop tarts in front of the TV.

 

Far as the appendix, yeah they could've been missing blocks for our 3rd string QB just as easily.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

The appendectomy had very little to do with it. With the possible exception of Volson ('cause he wasn't a starter at the beginning of training camp), no starters on either side of the ball played in the preseason. Here's the bottom line: This team was not ready and that's on Zac. I will add that this has been a pattern with other Bengal coaches. Many of Marvin's teams weren't ready for prime time come opening kickoff and of course the most obvious example was Dick LeBeau's first season as head coach and the team takes a delay of game penalty on the first offensive series. Whereas the Ravens are always ready to play well game one. This is an issue with this coaching staff and this franchise


The defense was surely ready. No credit for Zac?


Bottom line: They treated it like a preseason game, had five turnovers and still would’ve won the game if the porn star hadn’t gotten hurt.

 

Deep breath everybody, they’ll be just fine.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, spicoli said:


The defense was surely ready. No credit for Zac?


Bottom line: They treated it like a preseason game, had five turnovers and still would’ve won the game if the porn star hadn’t gotten hurt.

 

Deep breath everybody, they’ll be just fine.

So much this...at least that's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, spicoli said:


The defense was surely ready. No credit for Zac?


Bottom line: They treated it like a preseason game, had five turnovers and still would’ve won the game if the porn star hadn’t gotten hurt.

 

Deep breath everybody, they’ll be just fine.

 

The defensive players are little changed from last season.  The OL has new starters at 4 of 5 positions.  Yeah, maybe they should have played a little. 

 

Burrow had abdominal surgery, not just a plain appendectomy.  I can understand wanting to give him as much time as possible to heal.  Still, it's obvious that practice and games are not the same when you are trying to bring the timing and touch it takes to be a NFL QB.  Joe was rusty.  It hurt.  Hopefully he will be better this week if they can give him some kind of pocket.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, spicoli said:


The defense was surely ready. No credit for Zac?


Bottom line: They treated it like a preseason game, had five turnovers and still would’ve won the game if the porn star hadn’t gotten hurt.

 

Deep breath everybody, they’ll be just fine.

They've already lost one game that they should have won. It's a short season and very little separates teams in the NFL

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...