RB Offseason 2023

Saquan Barkley is apparently not getting a long-term deal, maybe we could trade him for Jonah and give him Mixon's deal. Barkley in this offense would be insane and the Giants like to get trade raped by us, see Billy Price for BJ Hill. 

As for Mixon, he's done here. You can't point guns at people while screaming how untouchable you are then have your thugged out family shoot up the neighborhood kids for playing outside...like WTF are you thinking. He fumbled the bag and I don't feel any remorse for the guy, thanks for your service but we can find his leadership and production from another player...preferably one with a sweet high top fade and quads that won't quit..

barkley_003.jpg

barkley_009.jpg

#gayforsay-quan..lol

barkley_001.jpg

Hide the white women...Saquan's in town...lol

I'm not sure any RB in the NFL is worth a long term top deal tbh. The Giants probably realize this as well. Look at Zeke (already cut before his big deal finished). 

NFL RBs take on too much punishment and are too easily replaceable to ever give like a 5 year, 75 million dollar 2nd contract deal to (likely what Saquon wants). 

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I'm not sure any RB in the NFL is worth a long term top deal tbh. The Giants probably realize this as well. Look at Zeke (already cut before his big deal finished). 

NFL RBs take on too much punishment and are too easily replaceable to ever give like a 5 year, 100 million dollar deal to (likely what Saquon wants). 

Where are you getting those numbers from. He's scheduled to make $10M this year while Mixon is making 12. I would give him a 4 year 60 million dollar deal in a heart beat. 

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

My thoughts for this draft in particular are different from previous drafts. This may be the best chance the Bengals ever have at a championship. So I want at least the first few rounds to be focused on guys that can make an impact right now. I think Gibbs is one of those guys. He certainly adds explosion. 

That is an interesting approach but it may lend itself to reaching instead of just going with the board as it is laid out. I think the team wants to maintain a championship level for many years so BPA may be the best approach. 

Having said that , I always like to see the first two round guys contributing early. The teams approach to the draft has been much smarter lately (obviously) so I at least trust their board (maybe not the OL lol)

11 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

That would be a terrible contract for the Bengals. The highest paid RB in the NFL is Christian McCaffrey and he makes 12 mil per year. Barkley also has a history of injury and is 4 years into his career already. 

You clearly haven't seen the quads in person...those add a couple of million on their own.

Just because McCaffery makes 12 million doesn't the salaries won't go up and he's been injured just as much or more than Saquan..you can put some clauses in the deal to protect yourself from injury as they did with Collins..he only gets paid if he plays. Barkley had a monster season with an awful oline, no WR's to take a safety out of the box, and a dreadful QB...putting him in this offense would unleash his real capabilities and make us scary on offense. 

I also think the future of the RB position is glorified WRs, as it's becoming a passing QB driven league ...

The traditional thumping running back died with Derrick Henry, and teams have figured out how to load the box, db blitz from the edges, and meet him in the backfield before he gets a head of steam. 

So if you're a RB who could play WR if needed (like McCaffrey, or perhaps Gibbs?) you still have some high value. But, most hand it and run with it RBs are a dime a dozen and any 4th Rd pick from a SEC school will likely do. 

13 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Saquan Barkley is apparently not getting a long-term deal, maybe we could trade him for Jonah and give him Mixon's deal. Barkley in this offense would be insane and the Giants like to get trade raped by us, see Billy Price for BJ Hill. 

As for Mixon, he's done here. You can't point guns at people while screaming how untouchable you are then have your thugged out family shoot up the neighborhood kids for playing outside...like WTF are you thinking. He fumbled the bag and I don't feel any remorse for the guy, thanks for your service but we can find his leadership and production from another player...preferably one with a sweet high top fade and quads that won't quit..

barkley_003.jpg

barkley_009.jpg

#gayforsay-quan..lol

barkley_001.jpg

Hide the white women...Saquan's in town...lol

I don't think women, white or any other ethnicity, have anything to fear from this number.

They may be the new face of Bud Light beer.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

I don't think women, white or any other ethnicity, have anything to fear from this number.

They may be the new face of Bud Light beer.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Kid Rock is that you...I thought you were a Lions fan. 

kid rock with drag queen drinking bud light

https://pleated-jeans.com/2023/04/11/bud-light-rainbow-can-kid-rock-memes/

On 4/12/2023 at 5:12 PM, BlackJesus said:

NFL RBs take on too much punishment and are too easily replaceable to ever give like a 5 year, 75 million dollar 2nd contract deal to (likely what Saquon wants). 

Keep the Oline in top 10...

Or close..

Draft a workhorse RB with

1200 carries in 4yr rookie contract.

Run em to death..😎

Replace with younger legs and a rook  contract to prove in his 4yrs.

Keep Oline strong to protect the King of the North and let young RBs run it.. 

My list. I would obviously take Bijan

RB
Zach Charbonet-UCLA (2)
Tank Bigsby-Auburn (3)
Roschon Johnson-Texas (3) SG
Dwayne McBride-UAB (3) SG
Sean Tucker-Syracuse (4)
Kendre Miller-TCU (4)
Tyjae Spears-Tulane (4)
Israel Abanikanda-Pitt (4)
Kenny McIntosh-Georgia (4) SG
Zach Evans-Ole Miss (5) SG

Sarodorick Thompson-T Tech (U) 3C
Denereic Prince-Tulsa (7)
Chris Rodriguez-Kentucky (7) 2C

20 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Why not Gibbs

Great question. I think he will go too high for what he offers. Can't be an all around back due to size. 

He and Washington at TE are guys who I would love on the team but who I think go to highly for what they offer. Guys who if we draft I will be initially mad and then get over it quickly. 

Gibbs is explosive but not great running between the tackles. He's a very good receiver but not great at blitz pickup. So he'd come off the field on obvious passing downs.

Sounds a bit like Evans. Whether in the draft or from the free agency scrap heap, we need to find a RB who can block as well as run and catch. 

My plan would be to sign Zeke Elliott if he'll take 4 mil or less, cut Mixon, and draft 1, maybe 2 mid-late RBs to carry the ball. 

17 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Gibbs is explosive but not great running between the tackles. He's a very good receiver but not great at blitz pickup. So he'd come off the field on obvious passing downs.

Sounds a bit like Evans. Whether in the draft or from the free agency scrap heap, we need to find a RB who can block as well as run and catch. 

My plan would be to sign Zeke Elliott if he'll take 4 mil or less, cut Mixon, and draft 1, maybe 2 mid-late RBs to carry the ball. 

One thing Zeke has going for him is his hometown appeal would put butts in the seats

but this season with a sell out and waiting list... not so much.

Any other season he would be dining at the Precinct with the team faces.

3 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

My list. I would obviously take Bijan

RB
Zach Charbonet-UCLA (2)
Tank Bigsby-Auburn (3)
Roschon Johnson-Texas (3) SG
Dwayne McBride-UAB (3) SG
Sean Tucker-Syracuse (4)
Kendre Miller-TCU (4)
Tyjae Spears-Tulane (4)
Israel Abanikanda-Pitt (4)
Kenny McIntosh-Georgia (4) SG
Zach Evans-Ole Miss (5) SG

Sarodorick Thompson-T Tech (U) 3C
Denereic Prince-Tulsa (7)
Chris Rodriguez-Kentucky (7) 2C

I like the kid out of Pitt, Izzy Abanikanda. If he can figure out pass pro he could be a top 5 back in the NFL in a few years. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

One thing Zeke has going for him is his hometown appeal would put butts in the seats

but this season with a sell out and waiting list... not so much.

Any other season he would be dining at the Precinct with the team faces.

That was a long time ago and he's a shell of his former self at this point, RB is a young man's game and he's the gray beard in the room at this point. 

Yes, Zeke is no longer a bellcow back. He's definitely lost a step. But he was always a good blocker and receiver and can fill the Perine role. He can still be a good short yardage back as he has strength, especially if we upgrade the O-line. He can also be a mentor to the other RBs especially if we're drafting 1 or 2. 

Archived