Keeping our enemies close: 2023

8 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Diggs seems like that kind of guy tbh.

Him and Allen are a volatile pair. Both are erratic, manic, and high strung to the point of it impairing the team's success. The Bills need a "Joe Cool" type of QB to keep Diggs in check. 

Yeahhh...

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Diggs seems like that kind of guy tbh.

Him and Allen are a volatile pair. Both are erratic, manic, and high strung to the point of it impairing the team's success. The Bills need a "Joe Cool" type of QB to keep Diggs in check. 

Fuck the Bills.  

• Upvote 3

On 9/15/2023 at 5:42 PM, BlackJesus said:

If Tee leaves, this would be my dream ...

This makes no sense. The reason we haven’t signed Tee is the price.  That would certainly be worse with Jefferson.  

Also, the formula for winning Conference Championships and Superbowls is not to have 2 #1 quality receivers, it’s to have good to great offensive tackles, decent interior linemen and a franchise QB. 

Kansas City got their ass kicked in the Superbowl to Tampa after both of their starting tackles couldn’t go and they had zero depth at the position.   They ended up getting rid of Hill and getting more protection for Kermit. 

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The reason we haven’t signed Tee is the price.  That would certainly be worse with Jefferson.

If Jefferson came to Cincinnati it would have to be an agreement between him and Ja'Marr, likely signed at the same time next off season, to each take less to play together with Burrow - their college QB. Sort of a Big 3 & Lebron to Miami type deal. 

That's why I said "dream", as the chances of that happening are not likely, unless they've already planned it out from the start. 

6 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

If Jefferson came to Cincinnati it would have to be an agreement between him and Ja'Marr, likely signed at the same time next off season, to each take less to play together with Burrow - their college QB. Sort of a Big 3 & Lebron to Miami type deal. 

That's why I said "dream", as the chances of that happening are not likely, unless they've already planned it out from the start. 

Yeah, unfortunately that really only works in sports like basketball where the better players sign multiple GIGANTIC contracts over their careers.  A good player is lucky to get a 3rd contract in the NFL. 

Players need to get as much money as possible on their 2nd contract.  

3 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

PFT is reporting that the 1 year deal Chris Jones signed with KC has a clause that he cannot be tagged in 2024 . And they have no 2024 cap space anyway so he will be gone next year. 

The NFL is the best league for a reason, each team has a chance of turning it around in a short amount of time because of the salary cap.  We are a perfect example.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

PFT is reporting that the 1 year deal Chris Jones signed with KC has a clause that he cannot be tagged in 2024 . And they have no 2024 cap space anyway so he will be gone next year. 

I dont think he will be back, but the way teams restructure deals all the time to find cap space I don't put anything out of the question

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

So, who do we root for tomorrow night? Clowns or Squeelers?

I am always against Pittsburgh unless their winning is certain to help the Bengals. I know folks in Ohio get tired of Browns fans, but outside of Ohio, they're hard to find. Stealers fans are everywhere and they are arrogant and obnoxious.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I am always against Pittsburgh unless their winning is certain to help the Bengals. I know folks in Ohio get tired of Browns fans, but outside of Ohio, they're hard to find. Stealers fans are everywhere and they are arrogant and obnoxious.

Agree 100%...Nuttin' worse that Stealers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Not that hard. 

https://brownsbackersworldwide.com/

I guess what I should have said is that, other than the brief Tim Couch era, I have never met a Browns fan, so I'm not aware of any in my area. So I don't have to put up with them, personally. Stealers and Cowboys fans, on the other hand, are very common.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I guess what I should have said is that, other than the brief Tim Couch era, I have never met a Browns fan, so I'm not aware of any in my area. So I don't have to put up with them, personally. Stealers and Cowboys fans, on the other hand, are very common.

Plenty of 'em down south.  They've been pretty quiet lately though.