Keeping our enemies close: 2023

On 1/1/2024 at 5:54 PM, BlackJesus said:

Dolphins SB chances are likely lost to injuries ... 

I was hoping this would help Buffalo's chances against Miami Sunday night, since Pittsburgh needs a loss from either Buffalo or Jacksonville to get in, but the line has held at 3.

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2023 at 12:44 AM, AmishBengalFan said:

But regardless we get a 4th place schedule next year.  That's Carolina (Andy), New England (Zappe) and Vegas (who knows?) while BAL would get Atlanta (The Riddler), Miami (Tua) and KC (Mahomes), CFT gets Tampa (Mayfly), Buffalo (Allen) and Denver (Russ), and PIT gets New Orleans (Carr), Jets (Rodgers?) and Chargers (Herbert) (based on current standings).

Following up on this comment from Amish from last month...

Every year is obviously different, but as of now, the gap between the Bengals three 4th-place opponents and their other three division counterparts is stark. The chances appear pretty good that the Bengals will get maximum benefit from their 4th place finish. Thoughts?

AFC East

MIA  11-5

BUF  10-6

NYJ   6-10

NE    4-12

AFC South

JAX      9-7

IND     9-7

HOU   9-7

TEN    5-11

NFC South

TB     8-8

NO     8-8

ATL     7-9

CAR   2-14

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If y'all want PIT to be sucking rocks and miss out on the playoffs, there are a LOT of ways this can happen:

PIT eliminated if:
(1) PIT loses + JAX win
(2) PIT loses + LVR win
(3) PIT loses + HOU win + MIA win
(4) JAX win + BUF win (regardless of what PIT does)

PIT gets the 6 seed if:
(1) PIT win + TEN win + MIA win

PIT gets the 7 seed if:

(1) PIT win + JAX win + MIA win
(2) PIT win + TEN win + BUF win

(3) PIT lose + IND win + TEN win + DEN win
(4) PIT lose + HOU win + TEN win + DEN win + BUF win

It's stupidly complicated, so here's a flowchart.  The green OUT circle is where we want them to go:

TheSteelersThe.jpg

For the hated Colts, it's easier:

If IND>HOU, they make the playoffs

- Will be 4 seed if TEN>JAX

- Will be 6 seed if JAX>TEN + MIA>BUF

- Will be 7 seed if JAX>TEN + BUF>MIA

If HOU>IND, they're eliminated

• Upvote 1

Lawerence is back limited at practice so if he is able to go they should have an easier time with the Titans. 

As far as we go, we at worst can get the 18th pick at worst keep hearing back and forth between 12 and 13 so I'm not sure what is accurate as far as that goes.

• Upvote 1

I've got this weirdly colored Bengals ski cap - officially licensed - but it sure looks like Lions colors:

415866649_10159985225140423_1418277140928970986_n.jpg  417149766_10159985225090423_4843101221300707614_n.jpg

I'll be wearing it to the game on Sunday along with my St Louis BattleHawks AJ McCarron jersey, as I transition from being a Bengals regular season fan into a Lions playoffs fan.  And why not, David Montgomery and Sam LaPorta carried my fantasy team to the Fantasy Bowl this year.  :)

And to whomever mentioned a Bills-Lions SuperBowl this year, count me in!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

If y'all want PIT to be sucking rocks and miss out on the playoffs, there are a LOT of ways this can happen:

PIT eliminated if:
(1) PIT loses + JAX win
(2) PIT loses + LVR win
(3) PIT loses + HOU win + MIA win
(4) JAX win + BUF win (regardless of what PIT does)

PIT gets the 6 seed if:
(1) PIT win + TEN win + MIA win

PIT gets the 7 seed if:

(1) PIT win + JAX win + MIA win
(2) PIT win + TEN win + BUF win

(3) PIT lose + IND win + TEN win + DEN win
(4) PIT lose + HOU win + TEN win + DEN win + BUF win

It's stupidly complicated, so here's a flowchart.  The green OUT circle is where we want them to go:

TheSteelersThe.jpg

If IND>HOU, they make the playoffs

- Will be 4 seed if TEN>JAX

- Will be 6 seed if JAX>TEN + MIA>BUF

- Will be 7 seed if JAX>TEN + BUF>MIA

If HOU>IND, they're eliminated

Too complicated.

Fuck the Stealers.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I love your charts and other analytical breakdowns, but, to me, hating the Colts is sorta like hating your Grandma.

And I get that you are in Indiana, so there may be some legit animus you have against the state. But the Colts?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Homer_Rice said:

I love your charts and other analytical breakdowns, but, to me, hating the Colts is sorta like hating your Grandma.

And I get that you are in Indiana, so there may be some legit animus you have against the state. But the Colts?

Always liked and respected Peyton despise the squealers and ravens

• Upvote 1

story I just read had us losing tee 4 years 80 million to Texans reader signing one year deal somewhere else and awuzie to raiders. We are losing everyone replacing them with guys playing out of position giving up huge plays. Sucks price for high priced qb. 

33 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

story I just read had us losing tee 4 years 80 million to Texans reader signing one year deal somewhere else and awuzie to raiders. We are losing everyone replacing them with guys playing out of position giving up huge plays. Sucks price for high priced qb. 

We are not losing Higgins for nothing no way they with either tag and trade him or more unlikely sign him and reader will be out till next December and I think we keep him anyway as for Chido who knows he needs to be healthy 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

From what I've heard Reader's injury could involve a long recovery.  Up to a year.  It would be risky to sign him for next season until later summer.

• Upvote 1