The Way Too Early 2024 Draft Thread

On 1/6/2024 at 5:12 PM, sparky151 said:

I think they are very likely to tag Tee. They may well not get an extension done but they won't trade him as the return for him will be less than he would have fetched a year ago. So I think it's at least a Bates scenario though I hope they get a deal done with him. But either way he'll be out there for the Bengals in the fall of 2024.

Just one beat writer's opinion based on his sources, but Jay Morrison believes that neither Higgins or Mixon will be back in Cincinnati next season. Doesn't believe they are in the future plans for the Bengals. 

8 minutes ago, dex said:

Just one beat writer's opinion based on his sources, but Jay Morrison believes that neither Higgins or Mixon will be back in Cincinnati next season. Doesn't believe they are in the future plans for the Bengals. 

I cannot see them letting tee walk and getting nothing in return

• Upvote 1

Interesting. My jaw would hit the floor if they didn’t at least tag him. In my perfect world they’d tag and trade him to Carolina. Not sure his value would bring back a return like that though. 

Dallas seems to have a good thing going putting some nice complimentary pieces around Lamb. I think an approach like that would be ideal. They’ve probably played themselves out of getting one of Nabers/Odunze. Could be in the Brian Thomas Jr. range.

They need more speed at the skill positions. I wouldn’t be surprised if there offensive starters across the board had the worst RAS aggregate in the league. Chase/Andrei/Charlie would be a long way in improving that and they showed some nice things today, but hard to tell anything based on who they were up against.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JC said:

Interesting. My jaw would hit the floor if they didn’t at least tag him. In my perfect world they’d tag and trade him to Carolina. Not sure his value would bring back a return like that though. 

Dallas seems to have a good thing going putting some nice complimentary pieces around Lamb. I think an approach like that would be ideal. They’ve probably played themselves out of getting one of Nabers/Odunze. Could be in the Brian Thomas Jr. range.

They need more speed at the skill positions. I wouldn’t be surprised if there offensive starters across the board had the worst RAS aggregate in the league. Chase/Andrei/Charlie would be a long way in improving that and they showed some nice things today, but hard to tell anything based on who they were up against.

Chase brown is lighting quick he may be part of the solution

ChatGPT 3.5

User

List the last 10 players selected 18th overall in the NFL draft, with the team and position

ChatGPT

Sure, here are the last 10 players selected 18th overall in the NFL draft:

2023 - Charles Cross, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Offensive Tackle

2022 - Jaelan Phillips, Miami Dolphins, Defensive End

2021 - Jamin Davis, Washington Football Team, Linebacker

2020 - Austin Jackson, Miami Dolphins, Offensive Tackle

2019 - Garrett Bradbury, Minnesota Vikings, Center

2018 - Jaire Alexander, Green Bay Packers, Cornerback

2017 - Adoree' Jackson, Tennessee Titans, Cornerback

2016 - Ryan Kelly, Indianapolis Colts, Center

2015 - Marcus Peters, Kansas City Chiefs, Cornerback

2014 - Calvin Pryor, New York Jets, Safety

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, dex said:

It wouldn't be surprising if they move on from Mixon. Brown can at least play part of a committee role and no need to pay another committeeman the 5.7 mil they could save by moving on.

My guess is Boyd leaves as his value would be higher for teams like KC or Chicago which need to add a reliable receiver (despite his drop today) to their room.

Irwin may have other suitors but shouldn't be hard to re-sign or replace. Letting Tee simply walk would be a mistake and set back the whole team. If they expect to do a tag and trade for him, the time for that was last year. This year has a good crop of receivers and they won't cost 20 mil. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sois said:

ChatGPT 3.5

User

List the last 10 players selected 18th overall in the NFL draft, with the team and position

ChatGPT

Sure, here are the last 10 players selected 18th overall in the NFL draft:

2023 - Charles Cross, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Offensive Tackle

2022 - Jaelan Phillips, Miami Dolphins, Defensive End

2021 - Jamin Davis, Washington Football Team, Linebacker

2020 - Austin Jackson, Miami Dolphins, Offensive Tackle

2019 - Garrett Bradbury, Minnesota Vikings, Center

2018 - Jaire Alexander, Green Bay Packers, Cornerback

2017 - Adoree' Jackson, Tennessee Titans, Cornerback

2016 - Ryan Kelly, Indianapolis Colts, Center

2015 - Marcus Peters, Kansas City Chiefs, Cornerback

2014 - Calvin Pryor, New York Jets, Safety

Don't trust content from ChatGPT. Jack Campbell, a Lions LB was the 18th pick in 2023. Charles Cross plays for Seattle and was drafted in 2022. 

1 hour ago, JC said:

Prescott is in a contract year, if he doesn't perform in the playoffs do we think they keep him?

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

... If the Bengals had lost out following Burrow's injury they would have been picking 6th  (at 5-12, stronger SoS than Chargers). 

Very likely could have had their choice between the top 2 tackles on the board if you figure Harrison, and at least 2 QBs go in the top 5, plus likely an Edge.

a first round TE would be the dumbest fucking pick in the history of football. 

these next few months are going to be a shit show of slowpokes shaving any TE there is in our draft spots.

OUR TE group produced: 84 Receptions, 668 yards, and 4 TD's, on a team that needed them to stay in and block most of the year when burrow as calf injured, ran through injuries to the TEs and finished off with a QB who had never really played before.

there is no more wasted pick on this roster aside from QB, K, and MAYBE Safety, than a TE.

pick value vs potential reward is dogshit. there was 1(one) 1,000 yard receiving TE this season. and only one had more than 6 TD's. 

With how shitty volson is, with us not likely able to keep all these WR's, with the CB room needing some big help, with likely needing to replace Reader, the mere thought of a TE in even the first three rounds seems batshit insane to me.

Gimme:

1. CB/WR

2. WR/CB (whichever we didnt get in 1)

3. OL

4. DT

5. OL

if there is a game changer Safety somehow id be open to that as well to put next to Dax, but im also fine watching Battle grow into his role.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GoBengals said:

if there is a game changer Safety somehow id be open to that as well to put next to Dax, but im also fine watching Battle grow into his role.

Sample size, but on the last CFT TD, both of them initially (and correctly) slid to the eventual TD pass catching receiver, and the both inexplicably stopped. It wasn’t as though Driskell was going to run, as he was boxed in. Receiver just drifts to the spacious wide open spot in the back section of the end zone and pass was right there. Both Hill and Battle virtually standing still 5-10 yards off ball. 

Maybe Battle develops further, but who knows. Hill is not a Bates quality centerfielder, and not real savvy. 

Fulcher was recommending on the radio yesterday the Bengals seek out at least an older and proven experienced FS in FA to help the process. He also doubted it would happen because the Bengals “hate older players”

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Sample size, but on the last CFT TD, both of them initially (and correctly) slid to the eventual TD pass catching receiver, and the both inexplicably stopped. It wasn’t as though Driskell was going to run, as he was boxed in. Receiver just drifts to the spacious wide open spot in the back section of the end zone and pass was right there. Both Hill and Battle virtually standing still 5-10 yards off ball. 

Maybe Battle develops further, but who knows. Hill is not a Bates quality centerfielder, and not real savvy. 

Fulcher was recommending on the radio yesterday the Bengals seek out at least an older and proven experienced FS in FA to help the process. He also doubted it would happen because the Bengals “hate older players”

They signed Nick Scott..

Battle is a good one.

I'm not sure where Hill fits best..(slot?)