WEEK 16: @ SQUEELERS (GameDey thread)

1 minute ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Okay.  No margin of error.  We gotta win out, talk MIA and HOU into winning their divisions, and make sure that DEN, IND, JAX and BUF all lose at least once.  Do that, we're in as #7.  If PIT loses a game, #6.

Sigh.  You’re just setting yourself up for more disappointment.  Accept that we suck…and get on with your life.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Okay.  No margin of error.  We gotta win out, talk MIA and HOU into winning their divisions, and make sure that DEN, IND, JAX and BUF all lose at least once.  Do that, we're in as #7.  If PIT loses a game, #6.

I hope this post was sarcasm....as bad as the Bengals looked today they have no business being in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

And not winning ONE division game, even against a shitty Pitt. Zac isn't getting it done. 

The offense was moving.

The ints took the wind out.

This defense can't stop the run which opens up all kinds of plays for their opponents.

Is Reader that important in the interior?

Yes 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

We are done.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

Also, this team was built to beat non division teams, I am certain of that.

It's very likely the Ravens are going to at least play in the AFCC

That would make it 3 years in a row the AFCN is represented in the AFCC

Let's focus on winning our division games and the rest will take care of itself.

That means we need to focus on protecting the franchise, and running the ball, and stopping the run. That's how you win AFCN games, that's how we can get back to the SB.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Duluoz said:

This ugly loss has completely changed how I see the Bengals and its coaches. A single game shouldn't do that, but it has.

Interestingly, that's exactly how I felt the previous 3 games during the winning streak with Jake.  I guess it depends on what side of the fence you're on.  Being a Bengals fan has always been a cruel roller coaster ride, even during the dark days with annual dead cat bounces.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

In other words…injuries finally caught up with them. 

To some extent yes, but there are some larger problems too. 

Chido is cooked, DJ Turner looks bad. The Safties did not help in the passing game at all.  Once again TJ Watt makes Johnna look pedestrian. 

Not everything that happened can be explained away by injuries.

• Like 1