10 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

What a final blow to a Bengal who gave his all here—and showed it. 

“conditional 7th Round pick” is about as insulting as it is completely irrelevant 

Brock Purdy says "Nay". I agree that Mixon's departure was sad and not expected. Better to get something for nuttin' though

3 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

With the Mixon trade versus cut, are there any different cap implications? No or less dead cap if traded?

I believe Joe still gets his bonus, I'm not sure who pays it, but I'd be surprised if it was the Bengals.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I believe Joe still gets his bonus, I'm not sure who pays it, but I'd be surprised if it was the Bengals.

We pay nothing that isn't already paid. 

The draft pick would be league minimum and if it's conditional that might be 2025. 

6 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

We pay nothing that isn't already paid. 

The draft pick would be league minimum and if it's conditional that might be 2025. 

Plus the dead cap money goes away, correct?

That's what I'm hoping, a 2025 conditional pick that can turn into a 6th or 5th would be awesome. 

Hope it's not a standard conditional like a physical or something. All the legal stuff is behind him right?

Whatever, hope he has a hell of a year, he deserves it and the money he was going to get.

21 minutes ago, Slag911 said:

Brock Purdy says "Nay". I agree that Mixon's departure was sad and not expected. Better to get something for nuttin' though

A 7th round pick is basically nothing.Most 7th round picks don't make a team.

2 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Plus the dead cap money goes away, correct?

That's what I'm hoping, a 2025 conditional pick that can turn into a 6th or 5th would be awesome. 

Hope it's not a standard conditional like a physical or something. All the legal stuff is behind him right?

Whatever, hope he has a hell of a year, he deserves it and the money he was going to get.

It's as if he was cut...so dead cap is there. 

5 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

How in the world would they pay him?

Easy. Every team can have one 50 million $ QB and two other players making 30 million ... The Bengals would just be using theirs all on one side of the ball. 

KC pays Mahomes and Kelce and still had enough for Chris Jones. 

2 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

How in the world would they pay him?

Can certainly pay him if they choose to - just look at the big money extensions the Ravens and Browns have handed out while having to pay franchise QB money.  But you would have to hand out tons of guaranteed money to both Jefferson/Chase...something so far they have only done with Burrow. But I've seen no indication that the Bengals are going to diverge away from their standard contract structure (the one that is unlike the other 31 teams in the NFL).

From Bengals.com

Have not seen this but I like it

SAMPLE OF HOME: With reports that the Bengals have agreed to terms with free agent tight Mike Gesicki, Drew Sample's three-year contract extension assures he'll have an old hand with the offense in the position room.

If old news I missed... sorry.  Report me to the Department of Redundancy Department again

• Upvote 1