Sean Taylor dead

Nati Ice

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='600231' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:10 AM']for those more medically inclined than myself, how lethal is a gunshot wound to the leg? At worse, couldn't they just amputate him?[/quote]

I have been on shootings that severed the femoral artery, and there is blood every where....I would suspect from what I have seen that the mortality rate of this type of wound is very high.

Damn, I had a feeling that Sean wasn't gonna make it once we found out where he was wounded. It really sucks that Sean Taylor was actually trying to change his life around. Having a child can do wonderes when it comes to getting away from the life of a thug, because you start to realize that it isn't about you anymore, but about your kid.

But unfourtanetaly, he was too ingrained and it caught up to him.

Every single person, not just NFL players, should take a lesson from this tradgedy.

RIP, no. 21. :(

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='600217' date='Nov 27 2007, 08:55 AM']I agree. His house wasn't broken into, someone was going after his ass. Let this be a lesson to Chris Henry. Rest in peace, Shaun.
MULLY[/quote]

I tend to agree with this. Although we could be wrong and this may have been a random event --------------- however, he had history and his history both on and off the field is not good.

RIP !!!

Not to be a total downer, but even the folks on Extremeskinz know that he was targeted because of who he was.

I want to exhibit [i]some[/i] class here (more than the Cowboys forum that encourages people to vote him into the Pro Bowl), but it is a shame that his death completely wipes away all of the evidence that pointed to him being an asshole. People will retire his number, have moments of silence for him at games, and god knows what else, just like they would for any other "fallen" athlete. The way this country constructs heroes or mourns public figures, at least, is sickening.

I wonder if TJ is mourning, right now.

and re: his complete turnaround: We've all seen this shit before with Odell and Chrizenry, right? I mean, if one of them died tomorrow (which is about as likely as, say, Bob Barker dying), we would all say that "Chris was turning his life around...," even though that's bullshit and we all know it to be bullshit. Kids don't necesarilly make you turn your life around. Shawn Kemp was still getting busted for Cocaine, last I heard (and he has a few kids).
Sean Taylor may have been turning his life around, but Corey Dillon might be planting trees for the United Way, too.

[quote name='#22' post='600358' date='Nov 27 2007, 01:22 PM']Not to be a total downer, but even the folks on Extremeskinz know that he was targeted because of who he was.

I want to exhibit [i]some[/i] class here (more than the Cowboys forum that encourages people to vote him into the Pro Bowl), but it is a shame that his death completely wipes away all of the evidence that pointed to him being an asshole. People will retire his number, have moments of silence for him at games, and god knows what else, just like they would for any other "fallen" athlete. The way this country constructs heroes or mourns public figures, at least, is sickening.

I wonder if TJ is mourning, right now.[/quote]

that's pretty twisted man

You think TJ would not care he died because of that incident? Not giving TJ much credit as a human being are you?

[quote name='#22' post='600358' date='Nov 27 2007, 01:22 PM']Not to be a total downer, but even the folks on Extremeskinz know that he was targeted because of who he was.

I want to exhibit [i]some[/i] class here (more than the Cowboys forum that encourages people to vote him into the Pro Bowl), but[b] it is a shame that his death completely wipes away all of the evidence that pointed to him being an asshole. People will retire his number, have moments of silence for him at games, and god knows what else, just like they would for any other "fallen" athlete. The way this country constructs heroes or mourns public figures, at least, is sickening. [/b]

I wonder if TJ is mourning, right now.

and re: his complete turnaround: We've all seen this shit before with Odell and Chrizenry, right? I mean, if one of them died tomorrow (which is about as likely as, say, Bob Barker dying), we would all say that "Chris was turning his life around...," even though that's bullshit and we all know it to be bullshit. Kids don't necesarilly make you turn your life around. Shawn Kemp was still getting busted for Cocaine, last I heard (and he has a few kids).
Sean Taylor may have been turning his life around, but Corey Dillon might be planting trees for the United Way, too.[/quote]

You're fooling yourself if you think that is something people do because someone is a public figure. It's how humans treat the death of anyone they feel they know. It's no different when it's a friend, relative, or any other normal person you know. You mourn and put on the rose colored glasses because you feel like someone you know has died, not because someone famous has died.

[quote name='#22' post='600398' date='Nov 27 2007, 02:42 PM']A.) I don't, and B.) Yeah, it really would.[/quote]

I think the honest answer would be:
A ) I don't, so B ) I don't know

There's no way to know how you'd react in that situation without being able to understand the situation.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='600395' date='Nov 27 2007, 02:34 PM']If you had a family member who was into "shady things" and it got them killed would that make you less sad?[/quote]

I mentioned this earlier, or perhaps in one of the other threads, but if that happened, I would regret the influences (eg. addiction, money) that make people cause their own downfalls, and not having done more to help them. So, I see Taylor's demise as cause to reflect on the influence our vices have on us, but I don't have a whole lot of pity for Taylor, even though no one will say a bad word about him now.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='600395' date='Nov 27 2007, 02:34 PM']If you had a family member who was into "shady things" and it got them killed would that make you less sad?[/quote]
Yes it would make me less sad, because the expectation is there that it could happen sooner or later due to the "shady things" they were involved in. Maybe less sad is too strong...perhaps "less surprised" fits better.

[quote name='#22' post='600393' date='Nov 27 2007, 03:28 PM']I understand that most people are prone to that (the Tom and Huck effect), but it cheapens the significance of someone else's death who is actually a decent human being.[/quote]

Not sure how to respond to this, but it struck me in a bad way. I guess I should leave it at that.

Archived