Laverneus Coles on pace for 312 yards

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='05 October 2009 - 02:34 AM' timestamp='1254720873' post='811916']
Pretty even and pretty equal? :24: 992 is = to 312?
[/quote]

So, are you a prostitute and TJ's paying you to suck his dick, or just a Whore and you're doing it for free?

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='05 October 2009 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1254748575' post='811982']
the whole passing game is out of whack, not just Coles. Either they aren't getting open or Carson's not getting them the ball. The protection is decent, not perfect, but good enough.

Both Chad and Henry are on pace for career lows (with Carson under center) too. It's not just Coles.

I was a TJ fan when he was here, but its no surprise that he's gone and the team chemistry is the best its ever been.
[/quote]

protection was OK yesterday but in general on the year so far its been poor, also poor in the run game, our success seems to come from power line or fame pass run situations only... minus the GB game, well actually that was power line too.. so yea...

the line is better than last year for sure.. but its not decent.. its "ok"... it needs to be better...

I'm on pace to shit 12 times today.

I guess some forgot the big catches Coles had last week?

He also had a big TD in the Green Bay game.

Also, I think it 4 games into the season is awful early
to start bashing on someone, and calling them a bust.

*cough* ODOM *cough*

[quote name='oldschooler' date='05 October 2009 - 09:23 AM' timestamp='1254748998' post='811988']
I'm on pace to shit 12 times today.

I guess some forgot the big catches Coles had last week?

He also had a big TD in the Green Bay game.

Also, I think it 4 games into the season is awful early
to start bashing on someone, and calling them a bust.

*cough* ODOM *cough*
[/quote]

hell own called Palmer a bust and wanted kitna back too...

lets not act like football philosophy is his thing..

[quote name='Tigris' date='05 October 2009 - 08:52 AM' timestamp='1254743525' post='811950']
After the crap TJ spewed after his departure, you're still talking him up?

Let him play on a team that has only beaten St. Louis and rot for the rest of his career. [b]I'll takes Coles' blocking [/b]over TJ's catches at the moment.

If Coles isn't making the catches or getting the separation, then the coaches need to make the decision to put in Caldwell or Henry from the get-go. Overpaid for Coles? Yeah, for what he has done so far, maybe. But who cares? If they made a mistake they'll clean it up in the next couple offseasons. It's not like if Coles went out for season today we would lose much. TJ isn't here anymore... let him go 4-12 in Seattle.

Also, we have far better weopons than Seattle. I like the fact that we're spreading the ball around rather than forcing the throw underneath to the same person again and again. I think we had eight guys catch the ball yesterday... way better for this offense - now the film doesn't show much for the following teams... everyone got in on the action.

BTW - call me crazy, but I could see Coles having a big game against the Ravens.
[/quote]

I really think this has been really under estimated in my book. He has done a lot better job at blocking then TJ ever thought of and it has caused him to be on the field more then any other reciever (he's our choice in the jumbo package). Another thing at least most of us don't know is how is presence is effecting coverages. It does seem that Chad is getting more looks and maybe he is getting more space as well. We should also compare Caldwell+Coles numbers since Caldwell is getting some of the looks that TJ would have in the pass. In my opinion, Caldwell is going to be a big improvement over TJ really soon. That guy brings a lot to the game.

[quote name='ccartman2' date='05 October 2009 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1254749498' post='811993']
I really think this has been really under estimated in my book. [b]He has done a lot better job at blocking then TJ ever thought of[/b] and it has caused him to be on the field more then any other reciever (he's our choice in the jumbo package). Another thing at least most of us don't know is how is presence is effecting coverages. It does seem that Chad is getting more looks and maybe he is getting more space as well. We should also compare Caldwell+Coles numbers since Caldwell is getting some of the looks that TJ would have in the pass. In my opinion, Caldwell is going to be a big improvement over TJ really soon. That guy brings a lot to the game.
[/quote]

x2 He had key blocks on Benson's long touchdown last week, and the long screen pass to Coates in Green Bay.

[quote name='scharm' date='05 October 2009 - 08:13 AM' timestamp='1254741212' post='811944']
TJ vs. Coles pissing match aside. This offense has the ability but they just sleep walk through portions of 3 of the 4 games.

It looks like a timing thing. On the surface it appears TJ would clearly help and he probalbly would. However people are down playing TJ and Chad's influence on the attitude when things weren't going their way. Yesterday it looked like the refs pretty much decided not to follow the rule book and call holding. Yesterday would have been a day in which TJ throws a big fit everytime he didn't get a call and everytime Benson got a carry.

There's clearly a different mentality with the offense. I don't think you can blindly throw up TJ's stats and say he would automatically be better for the offense. This isn't baseball.

Given the struggles of the offense this year there is so much less drama on the sidelines this year. You see shots of Carson and Chad actually trying to work it out instead of screaming matches.

But the opposite arguement would be if TJ were here then there wouldn't be these long drawn out dry spells.
[/quote]
I agree about the timing thing.

I just don't think were utulizing Coles the way he used to be utulized and that's what the lack of production equates to. Like Coles said..he was always a #1 guy..now being a #2 and more than likely playing a different position with Chad playing his..Coles is off to a slow start. I think that Carson always knew and relied a ton in T.J. and I think Carson is trying to do this with Coles, but it's just not working. Hopefully they can get their timing down. As well as he and Chad. That ankle injury in the pre-season is actually killing us now. Luckily we are 3-1.

X2 on the blocking as well. Coles is going to get his soon. Just needs to get into sync.

[quote name='Actium' date='05 October 2009 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1254751468' post='812008']
Coles will prove his worth ere the end. I have foreseen it.
[/quote]

i'm siding in with swami. it's way too early to be making a judgement...too many variables involved.

[quote name='scharm' date='05 October 2009 - 08:13 AM' timestamp='1254741212' post='811944']
TJ vs. Coles pissing match aside. This offense has the ability but they just sleep walk through portions of 3 of the 4 games.

It looks like a timing thing. On the surface it appears TJ would clearly help and he probalbly would. However people are down playing TJ and Chad's influence on the attitude when things weren't going their way. Yesterday it looked like the refs pretty much decided not to follow the rule book and call holding. Yesterday would have been a day in which TJ throws a big fit everytime he didn't get a call and everytime Benson got a carry.

There's clearly a different mentality with the offense. I don't think you can blindly throw up TJ's stats and say he would automatically be better for the offense. This isn't baseball.

Given the struggles of the offense this year there is so much less drama on the sidelines this year. You see shots of Carson and Chad actually trying to work it out instead of screaming matches.

But the opposite arguement would be if TJ were here then there wouldn't be these long drawn out dry spells.
[/quote]

Testify!!

Coles aside...this team is better off without TJ.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='05 October 2009 - 11:01 AM' timestamp='1254751289' post='812007']
Still think he is thinking rather than reacting, and not completely comfortable with the playbook yet.
[/quote]

No doubt....he does not look confident out there.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='06 October 2009 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1254802226' post='812208']
It's hilarious how defensive everyone gets when I point out the suckitude of one of our players.

His poor performance is hurting this team. I don't know if you have been watching any games or not, but this offense is not very good right now.
[/quote]

his clutch catches on 3rd down kept us from being 2-2 instead of 3-1. his great blocking has helped multiple screens and runs to the outside work, something TJ sucked at.

and nice to see the guy the seahawks constantly throw to vs our # 2 WR.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='06 October 2009 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1254802657' post='812210']
his clutch catches on 3rd down kept us from being 2-2 instead of 3-1. his great blocking has helped multiple screens and runs to the outside work, something TJ sucked at.

and nice to see the guy the seahawks constantly throw to vs our # 2 WR.
[/quote]

Value - he's Value! I don't think we have seen what he can do for us yet - new to the system - look at Odom. It takes some time in the system to get the value out of a player.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='06 October 2009 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1254802657' post='812210']
[/quote]

He has had some very clutch catches on 3rd and 4th down.

And plus the huge hustle play where he covered Coats' fumble
in Green Bay.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='06 October 2009 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1254802950' post='812212']
Look at Odom [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/24.gif[/img]

He was injured last season.
[/quote]

Yeah, he was injured, and had some issues.
But he still played in 12 games.

Why don't you sit the Hater-ade down for awhile?

Coles doesn't have a lot of yards, but his play has
helped us get the record we have.

If TJ was here, he would probably get the same amount of throws that Coles is getting and wouldn't be happy. I'm sure Palmer prefers Coles' taking what he gets and not bitching over TJ's whining.

And I'll never forget TJ saying at mid-season that the Bengals would probably only win a couple games the rest of the year. Besides, as we've said a few hundred times, he had a chance to stay and he left. So, if anything, we should be comparing Coles production to somebody else they could've picked up after TJ walked. Joey Galloway?

Coles has already been a better influence on the clubhouse than TJ ever was. His plays will come, he has done everything else perfect. He has bettered this team. I wonder how the Bills feel getting the most talented WR in free agency and how that has panned out?

Expect Coles to get better and better each game as he acclimates.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='05 October 2009 - 02:25 AM' timestamp='1254720347' post='811906']
i'll take Coles low Yardage games and with the wins over TJ's 1000 YD season with no wins all freagin day.
[/quote]

Lol. So how the fuck does Coles = win??? Thats the most retarded comment I've read all day. You know if TJ was still here, the games we won, we would have won more convincingly.

[quote name='B.A.B.' date='06 October 2009 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1254845600' post='812291']
Lol. So how the fuck does Coles = win??? Thats the most retarded comment I've read all day. You know if TJ was still here, the games we won, we would have won more convincingly.
[/quote]

I'm willing to bet that the team wouldn't have as good leadership or be as mentally tough if TJ was still around and would have dropped one of these close games.

TJ was tough physically, but mentally and emotionallly he was a whiner.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='06 October 2009 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1254802950' post='812212']
Look at Odom :24:

He was injured last season.
[/quote]

Own sometimes you can be a real idiot.

You are saying now that he was hurt last year and using that as an excuse for his bad play last year and that Coles doesnt have that excuse.

But...lets post a few quotes of yours last year.

"Odom was a wasate"
"Rucker>Odom"
"Do you disagree that Odom is a joke? You must be blind"
":rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Odom and Geathers FTW. Great investments."
"I sure am glad that we paid all that money to Odom and Geathers. Wonderful investments"

And a quote going into this year about how Odom put on 40 pounds...
"I hope he is...could make for an awesome season...
:ninja:"

Why cant you just admit you overreact to a way a player plays based on either a few games or 1 season. I have just proven you did it with Odom and now you are saying he was only bad cause he was hurt.

Archived