Talk emerges of ochocinco to oakland

With former Bengals receivers coach Hue Jackson now serving as the head coach in Oakland, soon-to-be-former Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco could be headed for a reunion with Hue. (Hue!)
Jerry McDonald of InsideBayArea.com points out that the connection between Ochocinco and Jackson, and the possibility that Ochocinco could end up in Oakland.
McDonald also quotes several recent Twitter messages from Ochocinco, in which he openly flirts with Jackson.
“I would not care where Hue Jackson got a job. I would go play for him, run through a wall, jump in front of a bus, etc. u get the point.”

“Man that was the greatest coach I ever had. Hue Jackson would choke me out, cuss me out, just to make sure I was precise on everything.

“It would be refreshing to be with Hue Jackson again. I know I wouldn’t have to worry about being thrown under a bus again.”

So, yeah. Ochocinco not only looks to be out of Cincinnati, where he once again was thrown under a bus by coach Marvin Lewis today.

Ochocinco also looks to be heading to Oakland.
Also, that reference to being “choked out” by Jackson is appropriate, given that Ochocinco five years ago reportedly tried to “choke out” Jackson at halftime of an eventual playoff loss to the Steelers. With the Bengals leading at halftime, Ochocinco wasn’t happy with the number of balls being thrown his way by Jon Kitna, who had replaced Carson Palmer, whose ACL was torn on a first-play-from-scrimmage hit. Ochocinco (then known as Chad Johnson) came unglued in the locker room. Though the details are still sketchy (former Bengals defensive tackle Shaun Smith insists that Ochocinco actually punched coach Marvin Lewis in the face), we’d heard that Ochocinco put Jackson in a headlock, and that he took a swing at Lewis, but didn’t connect.
Regardless of how it all turns out, there’s a chance that Ochocinco will have to change his name, again, if he lands in Oakland. Receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey currently has the rights to No. 85.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/20/talk-emerges-of-ochocinco-to-oakland/
for more

[quote name='Missya15' timestamp='1295581859' post='963505']
wtf is so good about michael bush??....
[/quote]
Uhm..Big bruising goal line back who has averaged over 4 yards a pop behind Oakland's makeshift offensive line and lack of QB. Decent receiver out of the backfield. Not to mention he's only 26 and has more shelf life left then Cedric.

Perfect back for the AFC north. 245 pounds of steel and twisted metal. After Pressley runs through you, Bush runs through you.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1295582331' post='963507']
Uhm..Big bruising goal line back who has averaged over 4 yards a pop behind Oakland's makeshift offensive line and lack of QB. Decent receiver out of the backfield. Not to mention he's only 26 and has more shelf life left then Cedric.

Perfect back for the AFC north. 245 pounds of steel and twisted metal. After Pressley runs through you, Bush runs through you.
[/quote]
Yep sounds about right.

Also he has to sit behind McFadden so he does not get a lot of hype.

I'm sure that Chad wouldn't mind going to Oakland, but it'd be a different set of circumstances now. In Cincinnati as his position coach, Hue had more bandwidth to "deal with" Chad... but now as HC, he won't. He's got too much other stuff to deal with, and Chad would be even more of a distraction, IMO. And that's assuming that Hue would even want him, if the guy took a swing at him during that playoff game in the 2005 season like some have indicated, during a diva-type blow-up, why would he?

Besides, Hue's got some young offensive weapons that need development like Heyward-Bey and Murphy and others at WR, and other outstanding young talent like Zach Miller and McFadden. Not sure (read: sincerely doubt) that Chad could ever settle for a second fiddle type of role there, and he wouldn't be a featured piece of the offense.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1295590292' post='963533']
there isnt anything here that really makes sense..

and bob will be the OC, and chad wont be here..
[/quote]

i agree whole heartedly, but i was thinking about this the other day.

What is stopping us from resigning TO?

Why not trade 85, for 4th or 3rd rounder...honestly whatever.

resign TO, So him and Rome start?

We all know to fucked up a lot of routes last year, that's because he was pretty much learning as the season progressed...

IDk call me crazy, but I'm not done with TO.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1295611707' post='963541']
I'm sure that Chad wouldn't mind going to Oakland, but it'd be a different set of circumstances now. In Cincinnati as his position coach, Hue had more bandwidth to "deal with" Chad... but now as HC, he won't. He's got too much other stuff to deal with, and Chad would be even more of a distraction, IMO. And that's assuming that Hue would even want him, if the guy took a swing at him during that playoff game in the 2005 season like some have indicated, during a diva-type blow-up, why would he?

Besides, Hue's got some young offensive weapons that need development like Heyward-Bey and Murphy and others at WR, and other outstanding young talent like Zach Miller and McFadden. Not sure (read: sincerely doubt) that Chad could ever settle for a second fiddle type of role there, and he wouldn't be a featured piece of the offense.
[/quote]

if the reports are true, Zach Miller is now a free agent due to the same contract clause that made Nnamdi a free agent.

Robert Gallery definitely is (for the same clause), and possibly Richard Seymour and Michael Huff too.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1295619647' post='963565']

We all know to fucked up a lot of routes last year, that's because he was pretty much learning as the season progressed...

[b]IDk call me crazy[/b], but I'm not done with TO.
[/quote]

your crazy....

[/quote]
I think TO is done with us and isn't to fond of Brat either. Don't see any chance of him coming back. I like what Andre brings in the run blocking game though, so I can deal with it.

I would imagine there is going to be a WR in our cards in one of the first three rounds.

[/quote]

TO was worth the gamble. I would not be upset at a return but it feels like time to move on. Mainly because the youngs guys did show promise.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1295621900' post='963576']
TO was worth the gamble. I would not be upset at a return but it feels like time to move on. Mainly because the youngs guys did show promise.
[/quote]

They showed promise, but i think TO can put Rome under his wing along with caldwell.

TO is also a great blocker and helps the run game.

I just think even at this point in his career that TO > Caldwell.

Now if we go draft a wr in the 1st 3 rounds my opinion might totally change, especially if it's AJ green.

BUT IMO Bowers/Fairley and TO is better then just AJ Green.

I think Marvin has hinted a lot about what our offense will look like next season.

2WR, 1 TE, 1 FB, 1 RB. We will play smash mouth football again, along with mixing in gresham, shipley and Rome.

I think with running a 2back 1 te set with 2 wr's TO gives us our best chance at winning a 1on1 battle, if they load up the box to stop us.

Archived