Carson Wants Out

[quote name='ONYX' timestamp='1353628442' post='1183376']
Jamie B has dangerously low testosterone levels. Make sense now? Ok, well this dispute is finished then. Happy Thanxgiving everybody.
[/quote]

im gonna beat you like you moma should have when i see you sat

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1353628555' post='1183377']
He got Moobs!
[/quote]

no thats thurmanmunster

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1353626936' post='1183371']

i believe its saints fan too
[/quote]
Cool, gracias.

Well, might as well ask another off topic question:
Is lewfrog no longer posting here? Only poster I've ever put on ignore as I mostly just read and rarely post.

[quote name='kriZENry' timestamp='1353629707' post='1183380']
Cool, gracias.

Well, might as well ask another off topic question:
Is lewfrog no longer posting here? Only poster I've ever put on ignore as I mostly just read and rarely post.
[/quote]

Noticed this as well.. Plus someone remarking that he has been wreaking havoc on a another board made me wonder.

We can argue over why Carson left and whether or not it was justified from now until the end of time. With that said, I find it hard to justify how anyone can't understand why some Bengals fans remain bitter at Carson Palmer.

Jesus Christ with this trainwreck of a thread. I have half a mind to close it because there's so much bickering here, if it weren't for the :jerry: factor of it all.

I cannot understand people that cannot let Palmer go. His leaving HELPED the team IMMENSELY, he's shown himself to be average at best these days, the Bengals are in the thick of the playoff hunt despite a bad run of winnable games and Oakland IS NOT!

I liked Palmer when he was here. He is no longer here. This is pro sports. You root for what you have and I can say with certainty that I would rather root for what we have now than what we had before, including Palmer and his pick 6 ways. Fuck that guy...he's GONE! Why worry about it? The Bengals as they are currently configured are a much more FUN team to root for behind Dalton. Palmer got his wish...let him go be the crappy QB for a crappy team and be happy with the draft picks!

For fuck's sake with some of you clinging to a memory that isn't even all that great. Stats are stats , playoff wins are playoff wins...I like our chances going forward with Dalton even if it isn't to be this season.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1353648382' post='1183446']
Jesus Christ with this trainwreck of a thread. I have half a mind to close it because there's so much bickering here, if it weren't for the :jerry: factor of it all.

I cannot understand people that cannot let Palmer go. His leaving HELPED the team IMMENSELY, he's shown himself to be average at best these days, the Bengals are in the thick of the playoff hunt despite a bad run of winnable games and Oakland IS NOT!

I liked Palmer when he was here. He is no longer here. This is pro sports. You root for what you have and I can say with certainty that I would rather root for what we have now than what we had before, including Palmer and his pick 6 ways. Fuck that guy...he's GONE! Why worry about it? The Bengals as they are currently configured are a much more FUN team to root for behind Dalton. Palmer got his wish...let him go be the crappy QB for a crappy team and be happy with the draft picks!

For fuck's sake with some of you clinging to a memory that isn't even all that great. Stats are stats , playoff wins are playoff wins...I like our chances going forward with Dalton even if it isn't to be this season.
[/quote]

Ramen!

[/quote]

It's not about clinging to Palmer and wishing he was still here. I would have been all for that trade even if he had never demanded it and we hadn't even drafted Dalton yet or known that he would be good. Palmer was clearly in decline.

It's about him saying fuck you to his fans and teammates.

Fuck him!

[quote name='kriZENry' timestamp='1353626665' post='1183370']

Off topic, SF2. I just always wondered what SF2 meant. Everytime I see it I think of the 2 Super Bowls we lost to SF. Just wondering us all.
[/quote]

Jamie is correct. Lived in New Orleans until I was 10. Went to Saints games during the ole run around and get sacked Archie Manning era. God those teams were bad. My claim to fame is I was on the field when Tom Dempsy kicked the 63 yarder. Also bought a pack of smokes for Billy Kilmer once when I was 6. Moved to Dayton and became a Bengals fan. Bigger Bengals fan.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1353656536' post='1183455']

Jamie is correct. Lived in New Orleans until I was 10. Went to Saints games during the ole run around and get sacked Archie Manning era. God those teams were bad. My claim to fame is I was on the field when Tom Dempsy kicked the 63 yarder. Also bought a pack of smokes for Billy Kilmer once when I was 6. Moved to Dayton and became a Bengals fan. Bigger Bengals fan.
[/quote]
Holy damn, sweet! I had an old guiness book of world records and it had a close up of him (including his half foot) and I always admired that.
Thanks for clarifying the SF2 as now I won't think of those two incidents as much I hope...

[b]I cannot understand people that cannot let Palmer go.[/b] His leaving HELPED the team IMMENSELY, he's shown himself to be average at best these days, the Bengals are in the thick of the playoff hunt despite a bad run of winnable games and Oakland IS NOT!

[/quote]

While I'm not one of them, I totally understand why some are upset with him, and fwiw some of those same people didn't like him when he was here.

[/quote]

+1

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1295809945' post='964122']
What the hell? Carson gave his heart and soul to the Bengals.

If this is true, FUCK YOU MIKE BROWN. I've never said that before but this deserves it (if true).

[b]How can anyone side with the Cincinnati Bengals corporation led by Mike fucking Brown over Carson Palmer?[/b]
[/quote]

Sois' first post on the subject. :lol:

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1295817686' post='964251']
Wow, that's a back breaker...

Where Carson goes, my loyalty follows.
[/quote]

So? Are you RaidersOwn now?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1295818788' post='964271']
His HOF talent has clearly gone to waste here.
[/quote]

:o

:lmao:

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1295819312' post='964289']
I wont follow Carson, but if he is gone, I dont know if Im going to be able to watch them anymore. I'm close to done with this garbage.
[/quote]

Apparently not close enough.

I just went through and re-read this entire thread.

You can see how some people didn't want to believe it. People that had cheered for him for years
only to be quit on. Sure the Bengals are better off. But that doesn't mean that what Carson did
should be glossed over. And people that say they "don't understand", well, I don't understand how
you can be a fan of this team for years, have something like this happen, have him return to Cincy
for the first time since it all happened and NOT want to see him humiliated, dominated and degregated
(I know this is not a word but that is how big this is, new words are invented! :P)

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1353652133' post='1183451']
It's not about clinging to Palmer and wishing he was still here. I would have been all for that trade even if he had never demanded it and we hadn't even drafted Dalton yet or known that he would be good. Palmer was clearly in decline.

It's about him saying fuck you to his fans and teammates.

Fuck him!
[/quote]

:fistpump:

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1353680678' post='1183477']

Sois' first post on the subject. :lol:

So? Are you RaidersOwn now?

:o

:lmao:

Apparently not close enough.

I just went through and re-read this entire thread.

You can see how some people didn't want to believe it. People that had cheered for him for years
only to be quit on. Sure the Bengals are better off. But that doesn't mean that what Carson did
should be glossed over. And people that say they "don't understand", well, I don't understand how
you can be a fan of this team for years, have something like this happen, have him return to Cincy
for the first time since it all happened and NOT want to see him humiliated, dominated and degregated
(I know this is not a word but that is how big this is, new words are invented! :P)
[/quote]

Perfect post.

Archived