Carson Wants Out

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1353526015' post='1183132']
yes, people hate the 49ers because they emotionally hurt Bengals fans in the past.

Just like...
[/quote]

Yes beacuse they beat us, but I dont get up for games more because they have guys that used to be here than I do a rival, I get up more for the rivals. I wasn't more excited to play the Redskins this year, even living out here, because they had Madieu Williams on their team, more than I am excited to play the Steelers or Ravens or even the Browns.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1353526259' post='1183136']

Yes beacuse they beat us, but I dont get up for games more because they have guys that used to be here than I do a rival, I get up more for the rivals. I wasn't more excited to play the Redskins this year, even living out here, because they had Madieu Williams on their team, more than I am excited to play the Steelers or Ravens or even the Browns.
[/quote]

Yep. Madieu Williams Carson Palmer. Same situation.

Wanna hear a completely fictional story just for fun? This has nothing to do with Carson Palmer.

Imagine if a star athlete got caught cheating with someone within the family's local social circle. The wife is so embarassed and angered, she flees town, never to set eyes on those people again. She then says she wants a divorce and full custody of the kids. The ultimatum is given that the only possible way to keep the family together is if the athlete also leaves town, burying the horrible memories behind and eliminating any future contact with "those" people.

The athlete, who values his shiny, good boy reputation and dislikes confrontation, concotates a story saying he wants off the team because it would be best for both parties. This was his solution to not have to tell anyone he was a cheater and that he was losing his family. When the owner doesn't go along, he has to act sorta angry even though it was his own fault. He therefore says nothing to the media because he is living a huge lie.

So the coach, the father figure and person who drafted him, flies to his disgruntled athlete's new home figuring he could patch it up. After much, evasiness, the athlete breaks down in tears and admits his bad deeds and his rock-in-a-hard place position to the coach. He begs the coach to keep his secret and to set him free so he can save his family.

The coach honors the man code and backs off but is now feeling his hands are tied and becomes bitter that he can't fix it nor talk about it.

Fast forward - an opportunity arises where the athlete can be traded. Through back channels, the coach tells the athlete that the new team must pay dearly for him keeping the secret and the only way he and the owner will agree is if they come off looking like the clear victors of the trade. The athlete convinces the new coach that he's in awesome shape and can lead the team to the promised land. The athlete strongly urges the new coach to give his former team whatever they ask. The coach buys in because he's so enanmored with pulling off a big trade and keeping post season hopes alive.

So the trade is made, the athlete retains his secret and his former team is portrayed as the winner in the deal.

Completely hypothetical. This could never happen. Of course I made this up.

I swear, if you were here in front of me Jamie, I would shake the shit out of you (internet bullying, sorry SOIS). Nobody can be this dense.

Jamie, it's ok to say something like "I get where you're coming from brosef, but I just can't feel that way....I know why everyone else in the world who is a Bengal fan pretty much feels the same way except for me because I wear magical underwear that doesn't allow emotions to effect my thought process in the least and turns off my natural human behavior"

Honestly, I think you're full of shit but you have already taken a stance so you have to defend it .... to no end. I still love you though.....

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1353533526' post='1183198']
I swear, if you were here in front of me Jamie, I would shake the shit out of you (internet bullying, sorry SOIS). Nobody can be this dense.

Jamie, it's ok to say something like "I get where you're coming from brosef, but I just can't feel that way....I know why everyone else in the world who is a Bengal fan pretty much feels the same way except for me because I wear magical underwear that doesn't allow emotions to effect my thought process in the least and turns off my natural human behavior"

Honestly, I think you're full of shit but you have already taken a stance so you have to defend it .... to no end. I still love you though.....
[/quote]

Im gonna be in town this weekend, me and Onyx are gonna hang out, you should join us so I can piss on you.

:ninja:

[quote name='Harley' timestamp='1353532878' post='1183194']
Wanna hear a completely fictional story just for fun? This has nothing to do with Carson Palmer.

Imagine if a star athlete got caught cheating with someone within the family's local social circle. The wife is so embarassed and angered, she flees town, never to set eyes on those people again. She then says she wants a divorce and full custody of the kids. The ultimatum is given that the only possible way to keep the family together is if the athlete also leaves town, burying the horrible memories behind and eliminating any future contact with "those" people.

The athlete, who values his shiny, good boy reputation and dislikes confrontation, concotates a story saying he wants off the team because it would be best for both parties. This was his solution to not have to tell anyone he was a cheater and that he was losing his family. When the owner doesn't go along, he has to act sorta angry even though it was his own fault. He therefore says nothing to the media because he is living a huge lie.

So the coach, the father figure and person who drafted him, flies to his disgruntled athlete's new home figuring he could patch it up. After much, evasiness, the athlete breaks down in tears and admits his bad deeds and his rock-in-a-hard place position to the coach. He begs the coach to keep his secret and to set him free so he can save his family.

The coach honors the man code and backs off but is now feeling his hands are tied and becomes bitter that he can't fix it nor talk about it.

Fast forward - an opportunity arises where the athlete can be traded. Through back channels, the coach tells the athlete that the new team must pay dearly for him keeping the secret and the only way he and the owner will agree is if they come off looking like the clear victors of the trade. The athlete convinces the new coach that he's in awesome shape and can lead the team to the promised land. The athlete strongly urges the new coach to give his former team whatever they ask. The coach buys in because he's so enanmored with pulling off a big trade and keeping post season hopes alive.

So the trade is made, the athlete retains his secret and his former team is portrayed as the winner in the deal.

[/quote]

:39:

[/quote]

The plot thickens. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

[/quote]

Weird, that's not the first time I've heard that "hypothetical" story... what an odd coincidence...

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1353542678' post='1183219']
Weird, that's not the first time I've heard that "hypothetical" story... what an odd coincidence...
[/quote]

Yeah.. I think I may have day dreamed the exact same story being told to me by more than one person.. One of which absolutely does not work in the Bengals FO and would have no idea about anything like that.. Even if it were to actually have happened and wasn't a day dream

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1353544690' post='1183231']
Yeah.. I think I may have day dreamed the exact same story being told to me by more than one person.. One of which absolutely does not work in the Bengals FO and would have no idea about anything like that.. Even if it were to actually have happened and wasn't a day dream
[/quote]

I'm sitting here reading this going "Well shit, there ya go".

It matches the wife angle and fills in the gaps that just didn't make any sense as to *why* the wife angle was there in the first place....

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1353569711' post='1183268']
Never seen so much posted about an average QB on a terrible team.
[/quote]
Off topic, SF2. I just always wondered what SF2 meant. Everytime I see it I think of the 2 Super Bowls we lost to SF. Just wondering us all.

Archived