It's Browns week

[img]http://assets0.wordansassets.com/wordansfiles/images/2010/7/11/39577/39577_340.jpg?1278825206[/img]
[img]http://www.lebronshames.com/dirtylaundry/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/rowdy-browns-fans.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eXQh6Qsh7Z8/TDaAyrwgcyI/AAAAAAAAB6U/z7LmUjojRKk/s400/cleveland-browns-fan-crying.jpg[/img]

[color=#808080][size=2](sorry rumble)[/size][/color]

I can honestly say I have never wanted a win more, than I want one this Opener coming up.
Just as much, sure. More, no.

Getting a win on the road against a division rival would be huge for this young team.
And would shut the haters up a little. Of course if the Bengals do win, some will say
"it was have been against the Browns, big deal."

I'm already getting nervous and antsy.

Fuck the Browns!

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1315223241' post='1026094']
Buck the Frowns
[/quote]

You can't even say it can you?

Kind of like Fonzie trying to say he was wrrrrrr. Wrrrrrrr. Wrrrroooooo.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1315226648' post='1026099']
I can honestly say I have never wanted a win more, than I want one this Opener coming up.
Just as much, sure. More, no.

Getting a win on the road against a division rival would be huge for this young team.
And would shut the haters up a little. Of course if the Bengals do win, some will say
"it was have been against the Browns, big deal."

I'm already getting nervous and antsy.

Fuck the Browns!

You can't even say it can you?

Kind of like Fonzie trying to say he was wrrrrrr. Wrrrrrrr. Wrrrroooooo.
[/quote]

Fuck the Browns. And I hope you don't really think I'm a Browns fan! This joke has gone way too far! I wish you guys thought I was a Colts fan or a Patriot fan!

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1315242836' post='1026242']
Fuck the Browns. And I hope you don't really think I'm a Browns fan! This joke has gone way too far! I wish you guys thought I was a Colts fan or a Patriot fan!
[/quote]

Dude you were the one that picked up that Orange "Browns" ball when we went bowling yesterday.

:ninja:

I'm not from Ohio, and never lived there... I know this is the opener, and it's in the division so it'd be great to win it and get off to a good start.

But really, does "Browns Week" really mean anything? Seriously... I live in Dallas, and games against Houston don't mean shit. I'm sure playing in different conferences means something, but the geography thing means nothing, in any sport.

You must not know the history. Ever since there have been Bengals, Brown's week means something. Modell fired Paul Brown, which lead to him forming the Bengals. Of course Modell is no longer there, the Browns play in Baltimore now and Paul Brown is dead. Still.

A lot of us old people who live in Ohio have had to put up with Browns fans in our own families, co-workers and friends all of our lives. There is a special satisfaction in beating the Browns and a special pain when losing to them.

FUCK THE BROWNS!

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1315246586' post='1026282']
but the geography thing means nothing, in any sport.
[/quote]

Wow. Just wow. If that is your genuine feelings may I recommend you never attend a Soccer match. Or Ice Hockey. Or Rugby. Or almost anything.

Nearly all great rivalries in any sport are based upon geographical location. There is a reason that there isn't a Bills/Cowboys rivalry or Reds/Dodgers

I'm not from Ohio, and never lived there... I know this is the opener, and it's in the division so it'd be great to win it and get off to a good start.

But really, does "Browns Week" really mean anything? Seriously... I live in Dallas, and games against Houston don't mean shit. I'm sure playing in different conferences means something, but the geography thing means nothing, in any sport.
[/quote]

division rival, state rival, both franchises started by the same man, one of which is named after him.

[quote name='VonBlade' timestamp='1315247100' post='1026287']

Wow. Just wow. If that is your genuine feelings may I recommend you never attend a Soccer match. Or Ice Hockey. Or Rugby. Or almost anything.

Nearly all great rivalries in any sport are based upon geographical location. There is a reason that there isn't a Bills/Cowboys rivalry or Reds/Dodgers[/quote]

I grew up in Boston... I understand geography and rivalry. I was referring to Dallas and Houston, specifically. There really isn't a rivalry in pro sports.

And I'm a big soccer and hockey an.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1315247001' post='1026285']You must not know the history. Ever since there have been Bengals, Brown's week means something. Modell fired Paul Brown, which lead to him forming the Bengals. Of course Modell is no longer there, the Browns play in Baltimore now and Paul Brown is dead. Still.

A lot of us old people who live in Ohio have had to put up with Browns fans in our own families, co-workers and friends all of our lives. There is a special satisfaction in beating the Browns and a special pain when losing to them.

FUCK THE BROWNS![/quote]

Nope, I know the history. Just don't see that it's a big rivalry... But as I stated, I don't live there so I don't see it or feel it. Hence, my question.

Thanks for the local perspective.

[/quote]

Not as big as it once was. Both franchises have sucked. Paul and Modell are long gone.

It was huge back in the day.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1315247895' post='1026291']
I grew up in Boston... I understand geography and rivalry. I was referring to Dallas and Houston, specifically. [b]There really isn't a rivalry in pro sports[/b].

And I'm a big soccer and hockey an.
[/quote]
I hope you are talking about Dallas and Houston because there is a few rivalries in pro sports.

Nearly all great rivalries in any sport are based upon geographical location. There is a reason that there isn't a Bills/Cowboys rivalry or Reds/Dodgers
[/quote]

Boy you must be pretty young to say that last part.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1315248302' post='1026294']
Not as big as it once was. Both franchises have sucked. Paul and Modell are long gone.

It was huge back in the day.
[/quote]

When the real Brownies existed before they moved to B-More. The facsimile version of the team and the remnants of their derelict fan base from the previous 12 seasons...not so much.

Continue to cue Amish....

[/quote]
Actually the Reds and Dodgers used to be a big rivalry...back when they were in the same division of course!

:lol:

Archived