Playoff picture with 5 games left.

[quote name='happyrid' timestamp='1321484763' post='1063179']
I wouldn't completely sleep on the Titans as a team who could make a run at a playoff spot (even a Wild Card if Houston doesn't fold without Schaub). They're 5-4 and Chris Johnson is just now starting to play well. [b]Plus, they've got a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way.[/b]
[/quote]

seriously?

The titans still have houston, atlanta, new orleans, jacksonville tampa bay, and buffalo on the schedule. IMO the Titans will be lucky to get to 9-7.

Good thread. Unfortunately are fate is tied to Green and Pac-man. Nee them both healthy. Ratbirds are very beatable (see Jacksonville, Seattle, and some other scrub that beat them). Lewis knows how to beat them. We at least split with them. Beat Houston, Cleveland, St. Louis and Arizona, that gives us 11. 11-5 should get us in. Jets won't win out. They suddenly can't run and can't pass. bills have a tough schedule and I don't think the best the Titans could do is the division title, if Houston really falls apart. I really do like our chances, and give us Jones, Green and Dunlap for the whole steeler game (along with the regular cast of characters we had Sunday), we will beat them in there house. Then you are talking 1st round bye. Of course, I'm a pretty big homer at this point, so don't buy my shit, but......I think we have a good shot, but have to right the course on Sunday.

[quote name='ccartman2' timestamp='1321500382' post='1063238']
Good thread. Unfortunately are fate is tied to Green and Pac-man. Nee them both healthy. Ratbirds are very beatable (see Jacksonville, Seattle, and some other scrub that beat them). Lewis knows how to beat them. We at least split with them. Beat Houston, Cleveland, St. Louis and Arizona, that gives us 11. 11-5 should get us in. Jets won't win out. They suddenly can't run and can't pass. bills have a tough schedule and I don't think the best the Titans could do is the division title, if Houston really falls apart. I really do like our chances, and give us Jones, Green and Dunlap for the whole steeler game (along with the regular cast of characters we had Sunday), we will beat them in there house. Then you are talking 1st round bye. Of course, I'm a pretty big homer at this point, so don't buy my shit, but......I think we have a good shot, but have to right the course on Sunday.
[/quote]

even a 10-6 record, considering our conference record, I think would likely get us in. 11-5 almost definitely gets you in.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1321485868' post='1063182']

seriously?

The titans still have houston, atlanta, new orleans, jacksonville tampa bay, and buffalo on the schedule. IMO the Titans will be lucky to get to 9-7.
[/quote]

They play Indy and Jacksonville, which are pretty much guaranteed wins. They play Houston, with Leinart, in week 17 (possibly resting all their guys). That's 8 wins if they win those 3.

Then Tampa and Buffalo, who are both playing awful...even without beating NO or Atl (who are only 5-4 themselves), they can still get to 10 wins without doing anything particularly special.

I actually think their schedule could end up being easier than the Jets' if the Texans don't have to win that last game.

I think our fate will rest with the D line. If we can continue to be physical up front and get to the QB that's going to make whoever takes over for Hall's job a lot easier. You know teams are going to target his replacement and if I'm the bengals, I'm brining the heat all game long.

VIDEO:
Schein: Sorry, Cincy

Adam Schein explains why the Bengals aren't quite ready for prime time.

[url="http://www.foxsportsohio.com/pages/video?UUID=05ed32eb-06fb-469c-b645-db3ac4085061&src=SLPl:share:sharepermalink:uuids&from=sharepermalink"]http://www.foxsports...=sharepermalink[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1321529715' post='1063262']
VIDEO:

[url="http://www.foxsportsohio.com/pages/video?UUID=05ed32eb-06fb-469c-b645-db3ac4085061&src=SLPl:share:sharepermalink:uuids&from=sharepermalink"]http://www.foxsports...=sharepermalink[/url]
[/quote]

Judging by this season's prime time schedule, "ready for prime time" doesn't mean what he thinks it means.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1321529715' post='1063262']
VIDEO:

[/quote]

lol "if you can't beat pissburgh you don't deserve to be in the playoffs." When did the stealers become the rams?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1321534863' post='1063276']

lol "if you can't beat pissburgh you don't deserve to be in the playoffs." When did the stealers become the rams?
[/quote]

Based on him saying that... I guess New England doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs then...

[quote][b]4. Oakland (5-4)

Remaining opponents winning percentage:[/b] .524 (33-30)

[b]Potential flies in the ointment:[/b] Oakland still must play all four NFC South opponents. While they get to host Chicago (6-3) and Detroit (6-3), the [url="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/oakland-raiders/67050"][b][color=#265970]Raiders[/color][/b][/url] have a Week 14 matchup in Green Bay. Dollars to doughnuts that footage of ex-Raiders quarterback [url="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/jamarcus-russell/469507"][b][color=#265970]JaMarcus Russell[/color][/b][/url] shivering on the Lambeau Field sideline from a 2007 game gets replayed regularly before this contest.

[b]Outlook:[/b] A 9-7 or 8-8 record will likely win the AFC West. The Raiders may stumble at times over the next month but should control their own destiny when finishing the season with games against Kansas City (4-5) and San Diego (4-5).[/quote]

This makes no fucking sense. The 5-4 Raiders are playing 16 games like everyone else, so they have 7 left. If they're playing all four NFC South opponents (4) plus Chicago and Detroit (2) plus Green Bay (1) plus Kansas City and San Diego (2), that's 9 more games. Additionally, Chicago, Detroit, and Green Bay are in the NFC North, so that means the Raiders are playing SEVEN non-conference games. WTF?

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' timestamp='1321539636' post='1063289']

This makes no fucking sense. The 5-4 Raiders are playing 16 games like everyone else, so they have 7 left. If they're playing all four NFC South opponents (4) plus Chicago and Detroit (2) plus Green Bay (1) plus Kansas City and San Diego (2), that's 9 more games. Additionally, Chicago, Detroit, and Green Bay are in the NFC North, so that means the Raiders are playing SEVEN non-conference games. WTF?
[/quote]

haha. Apparently, it's the four NFCNorth teams, Miami, KC, and San Diego.

[quote]
GoBengals, on 16 November 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:
so we will beat the steelers in pitt but the jets might lose to the redskins and Denver? to each their own, anything can happen.

I think the jets beat the Broncos by 20+, you might beat the KC defense with the mickey mouse tebow offense.. but that isnt likely to fly against a real defense... hell the broncos might not score a TD at all...
[/quote]

[quote]
USN Bengal Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:41 PM
[b]Jet's are 15th in the NFL against the run, 116 yds/game... the "mickey mouse" tebow offense is winning games, surprisingly enough. Denver's defense has been doing decently as of late too. Plus, it's a Bronco home game and the Jets defense looks like ass lately. Tebow and his high school playbook have won 3 of their last 4... kind of hard to argue with success isn't it?[/b]

[/quote]

Looks like Mickey Mouse is Da Shit huh?

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1321463402' post='1063026'] so we will beat the steelers in pitt but the jets might lose to the redskins and Denver? to each their own, anything can happen.[b] I think the jets beat the Broncos by 20+[/b], you might beat the KC defense with the mickey mouse tebow offense.. but that isnt likely to fly against a real defense... hell the broncos might not score a TD at all...[/quote]
[img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n224/blaine95/nfl_u_tebow15_576.jpg[/img]

[quote name='ccartman2' timestamp='1321593702' post='1063559']
Quite seriously folks, who here would have bet the Broncos over the Jets? Just glad to see Go's boy pull it out.
[/quote]
Tons of people who have been paying attention to how the teams have been playing...

The Jets offense has been anemic at best this year, and their run defense mediocre. The Broncos at home, defense playing good, on national tv.

It's a recipe for exactly what happened.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1321625278' post='1063641']

Tons of people who have been paying attention to how the teams have been playing...

The Jets offense has been anemic at best this year, and their run defense mediocre. The Broncos at home, defense playing good, on national tv.

It's a recipe for exactly what happened.
[/quote]

It seems like recently on this board and you predict an upset or predict something no one else is predicting then even if you were right you were still irrational and not honestly meaning it.

Archived