Mike Wallace

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1329491910' post='1096674']
I think it's highly unlikely that Pitt will let Wallace go.. he's just now turning into a complete receiver instead of a bullet that runs by people. His QB is still young... why on earth would they let him leave?

And I don't want Stevie Johnson - there are 5 or 6 guys I'd want before him. He's an idiot.
[/quote]

The only chance would be that Pitt finds the number they'd have to stomach by franchising him is too high, which would cause them to cut other vets they'd rather not, and live with giving him the highest tender. This would leave them vulnerable to anyone who was willing to give up the first and give Wallace a front-loaded contract that Pitt couldn't match.

The Stevie Johnson hate is a little much.

He's made some dumb choices on the field but he's a very good receiver who's just entering his prime. And his celebrations with the Why So Serious shirt? and the mocking of Plaxico shooting himself were both extremely funny and well done. Better than most of Chad's old ones

Just cause he likes to celebrate like Chad used to doesn't mean he's like Chad in every aspect of his personality.

But yeah Mike Wallace would be beast....

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' timestamp='1329495075' post='1096700']

Just cause he likes to celebrate like Chad used to doesn't mean he's like Chad in every aspect of his personality.

[/quote]

I saw him on NFL Network and he said that Chad was his role model. Stevie is definitely talented, but I just don't want to go there again.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1329491014' post='1096660']
Elijah posts a real question. Why would you want to leave the Steelers for the Bengals? I'm the number one WR on the Steelers who are a more consistently solid franchise have a QB who has been solid over the long term to be the second WR for an upstart Bengals team who has had recent success but it has been short. I just don't see it.
[/quote]

i'll answer that question....money. it's the motivating factor in 99% of all moves in free agency.

They're talking about it right now on sportscenter.

They make a compelling argument. We sign Mike and give up #21 and some serious cash, but the steelers lose their best offensive player and we now have two guys who just absolutely blow the top off defenses.

Said Baltimore could do it as well.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1329503403' post='1096729']
They're talking about it right now on sportscenter.

They make a compelling argument. We sign Mike and give up #21 and some serious cash, but the steelers lose their best offensive player and we now have two guys who just absolutely blow the top off defenses.

Said Baltimore could do it as well.
[/quote]

It would be an interesting move for us, but I'm not sure it really hurts the Steelers that much. They could use #21 on a WR like Kendall Wright or Michael Floyd and only owe him $2 million per year instead of having to pay Wallace 9 or 10 million per year. For a team in cap trouble, that 8 million savings might be totally worth the downgrade from Wallace to a 1st round rookie.

Stevie reminds me of another Younger Ochocinco. No thanks, I had my fun with
ocho but the team doesn't need another attention whore.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1329503874' post='1096735']
if nothing else they should at least make Wallace a strong offer just to stick it to the Steelers.
[/quote]

That would be great.

[quote name='happyrid' timestamp='1329503764' post='1096732']

It would be an interesting move for us, but I'm not sure it really hurts the Steelers that much. They could use #21 on a WR like Kendall Wright or Michael Floyd and only owe him $2 million per year instead of having to pay Wallace 9 or 10 million per year. For a team in cap trouble, that 8 million savings might be totally worth the downgrade from Wallace to a 1st round rookie.
[/quote]
They're still downgrading from a guy who's just 25 and right on the cusp of being elite to an unproven rookie that could very well never pan out. I'd rather have Wallace than any of the WRs in the draft right now except probably Blackmon.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1329507122' post='1096746']
They're still downgrading from a guy who's just 25 and right on the cusp of being elite to an unproven rookie that could very well never pan out. I'd rather have Wallace than any of the WRs in the draft right now except probably Blackmon.
[/quote]

I agree....

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1329507122' post='1096746']
[/quote]

Plus that pick can't be used to improve the D

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1329508065' post='1096751']
Wallace isn't a great fit in the west coast offense. Rapistburg usually scrambles around for 7 seconds allowing Wallace to get open deep. Wallace runs deep routes. Is prefer another big target like Floyd over Wallace. Plus we give the Steelers a first rounder no thanks.
[/quote]

this offense doesn't necessarily need another big body. They need someone who can get open quick and go over the middle.

Basically what Jeremy Kerley was for Dalton at TCU.

So let me get this straight...

1 - We drafted Andy Dalton, who outplayed our former QB pretty much right from the start.
2 - That former QB, who was never going to play for us anyway, was traded to the Raiders for a first round pick, an at-least second round pick, and their head coach
3 - We take that first round pick and trade it to a division foe, taking away their #1 offensive weapon and adding it to our own youth movement?

So we would get Wallace and Hue Jackson and a (likely) 2nd round pick in 2013 in exchange for nothing whatsoever? Hell, sign me up for some of that! :)

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1329496103' post='1096709']
Is Mike Wallace > Reggie Wayne/Meacham/Manningham + Cordy Glenn/Doug Martin/Janoris Jenkins?
[/quote]
He just may be. Sign Wallace and then bring Simpson back as you're number 4, Andy will be in the pro bowl every year

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1329496888' post='1096714']
I will feel really queasy about having that Steeler shitbird on my team...until Sundays in September that is.
[/quote]
He is young, by the time he retired nobody would remember him as a Steeler because of all the records he and AJ would break together in stripes

Archived