Day 3/Rounds 4-7 (Bengals with 5 picks)

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1335594368' post='1125461']
POOOOOOOOLLLLKKKKKK
[/quote]
Polk man

I hope that happens. I wouldn't mind Rainey either. Sounds like Sanu could run the ball a little bit too?

Wonder if they would take Boykin? This team is getting fucking stacked.

Besides some teams' concern re his skill set, Miller had surgery on his shoulder and reportedly was told by doctors and their HC Al Golden that he shouldn't go into the draft. I'm sure that hurt him.

Speaking of injury Brandon Boykin had a broken leg this offseason but he can really play... CB, even WR - and he's a great return guy. Even if they have to PUP him or IR him, they have several 1 year contract guys at CB like Newman, Clements, and Jones... and he could really help them in future years.

Another RB prospect to consider is Michael Smith of Utah State. Short but not small, fast. Was hurt some but when healthy he was productive. They worked him out, I believe.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1335589327' post='1125430']

well Still,Thompson and Atkins will all get snaps out there IMO
[/quote]

I think they all will in some capacity, but not to the amount that you only keep 3 DE's on the roster. Especially considering Dunlap's injury history. You're absolutely playing with fire in that scenario. Marvin openly stated that he's looking to lessen Michael Johnson's workload to keep him fresher. You don't accomplish that by keeping 2 less DE's than you did last year.

[quote name='snarkster' timestamp='1335589652' post='1125435']

I'm not convinxed that one of the verteran CBs doesn't end up at safety.
[/quote]

I don't know about the vets, but I think you may see Kirkpatrick play a wildcard CB/S role this year before taking over at starting CB next year.

I don't know where you'd fit him on the roster, but Brandon Boykin would be great value at this point. Plays CB, set SEC records as a returner, and played some offense at Georgia.

I also would really like to see them add another olineman that can play both guard and tackle. It's not a necessity, but I think doing so would allow you to cut both roland and bell, freeing up an extra roster spot that I really think they are going to need at receiver or on defense.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1335617563' post='1125498']
Sounds like Miller is falling because of his shoulder injury. Still wouldn't mind picking him in the 4th or 5th. Low risk as a mid round pick. He has 1st round athletic ability and talent.
[/quote]

I'd rather have Polk, but Miller would be very good value at this point. He does a number of things I don't like, but tough to pass on his size and speed. Not sure he fits the physical tone of the draft thus far though.

[quote name='jmckbengal' timestamp='1335618881' post='1125519']
Do we take a flyer on a developmental QB(Cousins)? I believe the backup QB is in last year of his contract. keep him on the PS
[/quote]
If he's there in round 5 I would take him for sure. He's very comparable to Dalton and is a definite upgrade over whoever our 3rd guy is on the PS.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1335586110' post='1125352']
I think we should target in this order

RB-RT-C-LB
[/quote]

I think they have to go RB with the first pick. Get Lamar Miller or Polk even if they have to trade up. I don't want them to get one later and end up with another Jay Finley. We need one that we'll keep and give several touches this season. Unless they plan on getting an FA. Then they should draft an RB high next year IMHO.

[center][img]http://nflmocks.com/files/2011/10/MarvinMcNutt.jpg[/img][/center][center][size=7][b]6'4[/b][/size][/center][center][size=7][b]215 lbs[/b][/size][/center][center][size=6]1,315 yds last year & 12 TD's[/size][/center][center][size=6]- First Team All-Big Ten (2011)[/size][/center][center][size=6]- Most receiving touchdowns in Iowa Hawkeye history[/size][/center]

One thing to consider:

We are now a team that is drafting primarily for value. We are drafting to keep our strengths strong. It feels weird because we aren't filling "needs." But here's the thing. We have been condition to see the draft as a the means to fill all of our glaring holes. But we don't really have any now.

Add a couple years of good FA work to boot and...

Gentleman, this is what it feels like to be drafting as a perennial good team! It's different for us, so we may have to get used to it, but I think I'm going to learn to like it!

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1335628560' post='1125652']
One thing to consider:

We are now a team that is drafting primarily for value. We are drafting to keep our strengths strong. It feels weird because we aren't filling "needs." But here's the thing. We have been condition to see the draft as a the means to fill all of our glaring holes. But we don't really have any now.

Add a couple years of good FA work to boot and...

Gentleman, this is what it feels like to be drafting as a perennial good team! It's different for us, so we may have to get used to it, but I think I'm going to learn to like it!
[/quote]

lol

TC LB Tank Carder. reminds me of Muckleroy. Not the highest rated player, but all he did was start every year and make big plays all over the field. Two time Mountain West Defensive Player of the year. Rose Bowl MVP ('11). first Team AllAmerican '11, Third Team All American '12.

Also one of the most athletic LBs in the draft.......combine results rank among all LBs....2nd in 3-cone drill (6.89)...3rd in 60 yd shuttle (11.53)....4th in short shuttle (4.18)...7th in broad jump (10'1")....11th in forty (4.69)....15th in Vertical (34.5")

All he lacks is a little size (6'2", 236).

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335617372' post='1125495']
I don't know where you'd fit him on the roster, but Brandon Boykin would be great value at this point. Plays CB, set SEC records as a returner, and played some offense at Georgia.

I also would really like to see them add another olineman that can play both guard and tackle. It's not a necessity, but I think doing so would allow you to cut both roland and bell, freeing up an extra roster spot that I really think they are going to need at receiver or on defense.
[/quote]

My top 4 would be
Polk-Miller-Massie-Boykin

Archived