This is a make or break yr for Dalton IMO. If he takes us to the playoffs then I'm behind him 100% and not the I don't support him already. But if he fails

this year to not only go into the playoffs but win a game I think I'd like to pursue the option of possibly looking at that position again in the draft.

This is a make or break yr for Dalton IMO. If he takes us to the playoffs then I'm behind him 100% and not the I don't support him already. But if he fails

this year to not only go into the playoffs but win a game I think I'd like to pursue the option of possibly looking at that position again in the draft.

I think you can count that the Bengals will win a game this year, and if they don't it won't be only Andy Dalton's fault.

Seriously?  Some people on here could have the Bengals take a giant shit on their heads and their response would be "Thanks for the hat!!!!!".

And some people just walk around with a shit hat on their head and bitch about everyone else's hat. By the way, fuck you!:)

Seriously?  Some people on here could have the Bengals take a giant shit on their heads and their response would be "Thanks for the hat!!!!!". 

When I picture Kenneth. I think of Adam sandlert in the water boy. The part when he calls in to talk to captain insaino

And some people just walk around with a shit hat on their head and bitch about everyone else's hat. By the way, fuck you! :)

No thanks, but thanks.  That was actually a pretty good comeback to my strong attack on you so I give you props.  I even repped your post.  Well done! 

Bengals are happy to announce fan appreciation day with the first 30,000 receiving a poop hat. Sponsored by P&G.

• 2 months later...

Perhaps I'm being absurd on this one, but does it bother anyone else that guys like Peyton and Eli, with all they have accomplished, still felt the need to stage an off-season mini-camp with some of their receivers to get a jump-start before team activities begin, yet Dalton and our WR's couldn't find a couple of days to get together?

I know Dalton threw to Gresham, but we have a young QB and inexperienced WR's we'll be counting on this season. Would't it make sense to at least put out the perception that you're willing to do anything to get better? God knows our passing game could use the work. 

I don't know it just bothers me that 2 hall of fame QB's with Super Bowl Rings are still willing to do whatever it takes to get some extra work in with their receivers, yet our guys seem unable to find the time despite the fact that none of them have more than 2 years experience.

It was learned last month that Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton will be hosting his wide receivers near his Dallas home, filling the lull between OTA sessions and training camp with throwing sessions prior to training camp on Jly 25. Dalton told Bengals.com last month that "he'll try to get as many receivers as possible to Dallas", but is looking for the chemistry that something like this molds.

"These guys have another year under their belt in the system. We all do, so we've got to make sure we're better," Dalton said. "They understand what they're doing and I'm comfortable with them."

Marvin Jones wasn't sure of the plans but then, but added, "If that's where everyone is, that's where I'll be."

And now he's making the road trip for a gathering that appears to be happening this week, per Jones' instagram account.

Marvin_Jones_medium.jpg

Jones will be entering his second-year in the NFL, showing considerable talent but with a need to develop more reliable hands. He had several drops towards the end of the season. Beyond that, Jones figures to be a significant contributor in 2013.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/7/7/4500846/andy-dalton-and-wide-receivers-working-out-before-training-camp

Perhaps I'm being absurd on this one, but does it bother anyone else that guys like Peyton and Eli, with all they have accomplished, still felt the need to stage an off-season mini-camp with some of their receivers to get a jump-start before team activities begin, yet Dalton and our WR's couldn't find a couple of days to get together?

I know Dalton threw to Gresham, but we have a young QB and inexperienced WR's we'll be counting on this season. Would't it make sense to at least put out the perception that you're willing to do anything to get better? God knows our passing game could use the work. 

I don't know it just bothers me that 2 hall of fame QB's with Super Bowl Rings are still willing to do whatever it takes to get some extra work in with their receivers, yet our guys seem unable to find the time despite the fact that none of them have more than 2 years experience.

I'm not going to point at Dalton specifically - and you likely only were because he's OUR qb but most of the NFL quarterbacks don't do this stuff.

Does it drive me nuts - yes and no.  Yes, because the qb of my hometown team doesn't do it like Peyton does and no because Peyton is my favorite qb of all time, and likely overall player of all time.  The guy just flat does it right all the time.  If you put value in practicing / working not until you get it right but until you can't get it wrong... working through ALL potential scenarios that MAY come up, etc., etc., etc. he's it.

Bottom line - do I wish our qb did it exactly like Peyton does?  Hell yes.

Archived