Both Gruden and Zimmer being interviewed for HC jobs (Multiple Merged Threads)

Even if we won an AFCC?  I thought earlier in the year while dreaming about ML moving to the front office and promoting Zimmer to HC someone quoted or had info about Lewis that he had no desire to stop coaching?

There was that segment on Beyond the Stripes with the extremely candid ML interview in which he was asked if he would be interested in doing work on the personnel side of things in an NFL FO when his coaching days were done and he was very amiable to the proposition and stated he very much enjoyed doing that kind of work.. 

Whether we win in the playoffs or not next season I would hate to totally separate with Marvin.  I think his work at team building has been stellar, and I think he really knows how to run an NFL franchise on the football side of things.  The thought of keeping him on in that capacity while giving someone else the HC reigns sounds like a perfect scenario.

Just saw this pop up on rotoworld.  Not sure if there is anything to it:

The Cincinnati Enquirer mentions ex-Lions coach Jim Schwartz as a potential candidate for the Bengals' defensive-coordinator job should Mike Zimmer land a head-coaching gig.
Zimmer has a second interview set up with the Vikings this week and is also on the Titans' radar. Schwartz and coach Marvin Lewis worked together in Baltimore back in the 1990s and remain friends. The early favorite to take over Cincinnati's DC duties is LBs coach Paul Guenther. Schwartz has also been linked to the Browns' DC job. He could also choose to take the 2014 season off. Jan 12 - 10:54 AM

Zimmer isn't getting a job this year. The most important part of him getting a job was Hue Jackson being his OC now his only option at OC is gone. He has to go with someone no one knows about or some retread. Teams will go with an offensive minded coach because it matters more and now Zimmer doesn't have a great OC in his pocket.

You get the increasing feeling, talking to people around the league, that the Browns job is seen as radioactive. Tough spot for them.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/422432769822584832

Maybe because they sacked their last coach after trading away his players and not drafting any?

Archived