FOX and Friends tweets out the Super Bowl could be cancelled

Go Skins

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/12/15/fox-news-says-congress-could-cancel-the-super-bowl-forgets-to-check-with-nfl/

Oh no!

And indeed, Lauren Simonetti of Fox Business begins her dire reportthusly: “There is a chance that Super Bowl XLIX will not happen!” It’s all because of something called the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act, which allows the federal government to back insurance companies that hand out terrorism insurance for big events. Without this backing, insurance companies would be hesitant to provide terrorism insurance.

According to Simonetti, Congress needs to renew the act before it expires on Dec. 31 or else, boom, NO SUPER BOWL.

What a great report Lauren. 

[Turns to Camera 2]

Let's hope our heroic Congress does the right thing for those long suffering insurance corporations. They're people too, ya know, and I think we can all agree it's a governments most important job to help out it's citizens, especially those who identify themselves as either S or C corps.

[Turns to Camera 3]

Make no mistake about this because I'm not fear mongering this time. The very fabric of America is at risk here. Because what could be more American than gathering together with friends and loved ones to eat hotdogs & an assortment of things dipped in cheese while watching the big game on a 70" inch television set made in South Korea. That's my America, mister, and the big game is my church.

[Extreme Close Up]

First there was no birth certificate. Then there was no Keystone pipeline. Now they say there may not be a big game. I say, when does this madness end? Americans, our collective duty is clear. We must impeach the president to end Obamas imperial rule and save the Super Bowl, and in so doing save our great nation too. And who knows, maybe we'll find that by helping insurance corporations save a little bit of money we save a little piece of ourselves as well.

[Turns to Camera 1]

And now here's Sarah Palin with a look at the weather.

Yep. Something like the strike season , when we had the best overall record but still got boned and didn't even qualify for the playoffs.

that was the 1981 Reds.       The 1982 Bengals qualified for playoffs and got stomped by the Jets in the first round at home.

What a great report Lauren. 

[Turns to Camera 2]

Let's hope our heroic Congress does the right thing for those long suffering insurance corporations. They're people too, ya know, and I think we can all agree it's a governments most important job to help out it's citizens, especially those who identify themselves as either S or C corps.

[Turns to Camera 3]

Make no mistake about this because I'm not fear mongering this time. The very fabric of America is at risk here. Because what could be more American than gathering together with friends and loved ones to eat hotdogs & an assortment of things dipped in cheese while watching the big game on a 70" inch television set made in South Korea. That's my America, mister, and the big game is my church.

[Extreme Close Up]

First there was no birth certificate. Then there was no Keystone pipeline. Now they say there may not be a big game. I say, when does this madness end? Americans, our collective duty is clear. We must impeach the president to end Obamas imperial rule and save the Super Bowl, and in so doing save our great nation too. And who knows, maybe we'll find that by helping insurance corporations save a little bit of money we save a little piece of ourselves as well.

[Turns to Camera 1]

Nice

[Turns to Camera 1]

Thanks, Bill!

My name's Fred, Sarah.

WhatEVARRRR.

Today will be SUNNY everywhere but those darn liberal states because Jesus Loves You.  No, not you.. Behind you.. Yeah, the straight white Christian one. You! There's a hurricane forming in the Gulf, so watch out you sinners! Big angry Skydaddy God's gonna getcha! In the 7-day forecast we're calling for a rain of toads because you touch yourself at night.  High winds are reported in the Rockies. Gosh, I hope the mountains don't blow over!

Back to you, Jim!

• 2 weeks later...

Political shit doesn't belong in the football forum, it creates problems. Everyone is free to come in this section to say whatever they want, that's what it's for.

We just need more conservatives in this forum to help balance out the debates. Lot's of great conversation in this forum and some interesting points of view.

Archived