FREE AGENT WATCH 2015: BACK TO THE FUTURE

Saints shopping Curtis lofton and will cut him if no takers. He's played all 16 games each of his 8 seasons and has averaged around 130 tackles per year.

Need a LB anyone?

Absolutely...but do we wait until he is released? 

Here is the rest of his deal fwiw 2015: $2.65 million (+ $4.5 million roster bonus), 2016: $5.65 million, 2017: $6 million

He will be 29 in June. 

Pretty shocked to see Wilfork get cut

As each day goes by, there are more and more defensive players out there that would be significant upgrades to what we have here- and some, like the LBs, wouldnt break the bank and are Bengal type signings. Hopefully they go after some of them. However, I still think the single biggest issue on the team (besides QB, arguably) is pass rush, and will consider this offseason a failure if they fail to make any significant upgrades there. I consider pass rush to be the make or break ingredient to this team getting over the hump- QBs had all friggin day to throw last year. Most QBs in the playoffs will destroy you if you give them that kind of time. And a BJGE level pass rusher wont make a damn difference. We already have 2 sack per year guys. We need a true difference maker to really improve the line.

NFL free agency is becoming like MLB free agency--lots and lots of players out in the sea, and not many boats to fish. The big "fish" will be caught right away, but there will still be wonderful fish remaining...and lots of leisurely fishing days to find them.

/allegorymachineoff/    

NFL free agency is becoming like MLB free agency--lots and lots of players out in the sea, and not many boats to fish. The big "fish" will be caught right away, but there will still be wonderful fish remaining...and lots of leisurely fishing days to find them.

/allegorymachineoff/    

I want us to be a tuna boat and not a perch boat this year. :)

As each day goes by, there are more and more defensive players out there that would be significant upgrades to what we have here- and some, like the LBs, wouldnt break the bank and are Bengal type signings. Hopefully they go after some of them. However, I still think the single biggest issue on the team (besides QB, arguably) is pass rush, and will consider this offseason a failure if they fail to make any significant upgrades there. I consider pass rush to be the make or break ingredient to this team getting over the hump- QBs had all friggin day to throw last year. Most QBs in the playoffs will destroy you if you give them that kind of time. And a BJGE level pass rusher wont make a damn difference. We already have 2 sack per year guys. We need a true difference maker to really improve the line.

Interesting how the worm turned on BJGE.

He was played up to be the second coming of

Pete Johnson when he came here.

Oh, well... it was fun while it lasted and I wish him well wherever he is.

A big factor in that is run D.   

Vince Wilfork gets dealt with and we're still paying actual real American money to Domata Peko. Smh.

That's the type of player we need to target. He might come in here and just be a fat fucking Sam Adams. Dudes a champion though. Dunno if hed wanna end his career like that

Interesting how the worm turned on BJGE.

He was played up to be the second coming of

Pete Johnson when he came here.

Oh, well... it was fun while it lasted and I wish him well wherever he is.

Plenty of idiots on this site, one idiot in particular who couldn't stop posting about how solid BJGE was and how there was no need to upgrade from him and his 5.04 40 yd dash and hands of stone.   Then comes along Jeremy Hill and everyone realizes how pedestrian, literally, BJGE was.  

My heart goes out to them.  Not really. 

Plenty of idiots on this site, one idiot in particular who couldn't stop posting about how solid BJGE was and how there was no need to upgrade from him and his 5.04 40 yd dash and hands of stone.   Then comes along Jeremy Hill and everyone realizes how pedestrian, literally, BJGE was.  

My heart goes out to them.  Not really. 

Players like him and Peko and Cook. They don't get picked up when they leave here. Because theyre not good. Not even good enough to be back ups. But here they start until even the godsamn General public knows they suck. The average football fan shouldn't be well aware that the center is a horrible player. That player shouldn't be playing then lol. And people wonder why it's hard to take this organization and their fucking decision making seriously sometimes.

The cuts that other teams are making show how they run their franchise like a Fortune 500 company, where tough non-emotional decisions are made to move the organization forward. The Bengals are being ran like a small family owned business where who you know is more important than your production and what you bring to the table.

As a player you probably prefer playing for the Bengals than some other franchise that treats you like a commodity, but as a fan you want results and the current business model in which the Bengals are using isn't getting the desired results. The problem is they have an owner that refuses to make the necessary changes and settles for mediocrity instead of doing what needs to be done in order to ensure a winner. 

Guys like Peko and Geathers would have been off the roster of most NFL franchises years ago, Leon Hall would be forced to reduce his salary or be cut, etc...These are the tough decisions that most successful companies make and they help them in the long run. 

The cuts that other teams are making show how they run their franchise like a Fortune 500 company, where tough non-emotional decisions are made to move the organization forward. The Bengals are being ran like a small family owned business where who you know is more important than your production and what you bring to the table.

As a player you probably prefer playing for the Bengals than some other franchise that treats you like a commodity, but as a fan you want results and the current business model in which the Bengals are using isn't getting the desired results. The problem is they have an owner that refuses to make the necessary changes and settles for mediocrity instead of doing what needs to be done in order to ensure a winner. 

Guys like Peko and Geathers would have been off the roster of most NFL franchises years ago, Leon Hall would be forced to reduce his salary be cut, etc...These are the tough decisions that most successful companies make and they help them in the long run. 

The fact that apparently they're going to pay Leon Hall that salary shows that they're not serious about winning a Super Bowl. Great organization to earn a chick before you retire though.

I want us to be a tuna boat and not a perch boat this year. :)

Screw all that bullshit, I just want to be in the boat fishing with the girl in your avatar schotzee.  Don't really care what I catch as long as it is treatable.

Bengals are going to run their cap harder than other teams trying to match actual expenditure with actual cap as close as they can

They aren't going to put out the effort with top free agents because they'll get used, mocked, and their chances of landing one aren't good to begin with because they don't like the mumbo jumbo contracts. 

Awesome.   I really don't care.   Spend $1 or spend $1 Billion dollars.    Win a fucking Superbowl already.

When the main AFC competition has superior QBs and they show the willingness to somehow grab quality top FAs with mumbo jumbo contracts or rework existing player contracts frequently to create the ability to acquire more players the Bengals aren't really operating on the same level.

Bengals are going to run their cap harder that other teams trying to match actual expenditure with actual cap as close as they can

They aren't going to put out the effort with top free agents because they'll get used, mocked, and their chances of landing one aren't good to begin with because they don't like the mumbo jumbo contracts. 

Awesome.   I really don't care.   Spend $1 or spend $1 Billion dollars.    Win a fucking Superbowl already.

When the main AFC competition has superior QBs and they show the willingness to somehow grab quality top FAs with mumbo jumbo contracts or rework existing player contracts frequently to create the ability to acquire more players the Bengals aren't really operating on the same level.

We're too focused, year after year, on holding onto and keeping medicre ass players. Its so goddamn infuriating. Never talks about upgrading.

Well except this year. Apparently the entire fucking world wants to upgrade at TE. And, of course, that "upgrade" will hilariously end up being a downgrade. Eifert will pull his labia. BUUUUUUNGLES.

Plenty of idiots on this site, one idiot in particular who couldn't stop posting about how solid BJGE was and how there was no need to upgrade from him and his 5.04 40 yd dash and hands of stone.

What a stupid little liar you are.

No need to ugrade from BJGE? I wrote about upgrading at RB a year before BJGE was released. Scanned the draft boards and hand picked Gio Bernard as the best possible replacement.  

Then in the following year I wrote about retaining BJGE for his final season under contract instead of burning another draft pick on a RB specifically because I wanted to draft a DE.

Now one year later everybody agrees DE is one of the Bengals most pressing needs.

Then comes along Jeremy Hill and everyone realizes how pedestrian, literally, BJGE was.  

As I recall prior to last years draft your were pimping the idea of using a 2nd round pick on Zack Mettenberger, a guy who fell to the 6th round due to concerns that he was a drunken sex offender.

All things considered it's knd of funny how you're now bragging about Hill when your own draft plans would have resulted in the Bengals passing on him for a guy who didn't get drafted until 4 rounds later. 

Archived