What would it take for McCarron to Take Daltons job in 2016

What would it take for McCarron to take Daltons job for 2016?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What winning would be required?

• Win out the season but still lose playoff game
    • Win a playoff game
    • Win out season AND win a playoff game
    • Win 2 playoff games
    • Make it to Super Bowl
    • Win Super Bowl

Nothing short of winning out and winning the SB. And have a convincing hand in each win. Which isn't reality because Dalton will be back in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so if we pull pittsburg at home in the playoffs, beat them 35 to 24, mccarron throws 4 td and no picks, then say we play new england in new england, lose 31-28, mccaron throws 4 TD and no picks... we go back to dalton? who has never even sniffed winning a playoff game?

so if we pull pittsburg at home in the playoffs, beat them 35 to 24, mccarron throws 4 td and no picks, then say we play new england in new england, lose 31-28, mccaron throws 4 TD and no picks... we go back to dalton? who has never even sniffed winning a playoff game?

Ask Urban how Cardale worked out in a similar scenario.

Too much unknown.

If anything McCarron becomes great trade bait in that scenario.

Ask Urban how Cardale worked out in a similar scenario.

Too much unknown.

If anything McCarron becomes great trade bait in that scenario.

osu, urban and Cardale have nothing to do with this in any way shape or form... id rather ask tom brady how that worked out, if we are pulling out pointless comparisons.

Marvin doesn't like Qb controversy. If we win a Superbowl behind mccarron , I think one of them would be traded anyway 

this is true, i hear houston is in need of a QB, a nice homecoming story would be perfect. 

i just hope AJ does well, seeing us throw the ball downfield was fun to watch and would break the run game WIDE open..

eager for sunday

osu, urban and Cardale have nothing to do with this in any way shape or form... id rather ask tom brady how that worked out, if we are pulling out pointless comparisons.

I'll make it easier for you then. Dalton has played at an MVP level this year. He's not being replaced.

Continue on with your dreamland scenario.

Ok, no way McCarron can take Andy's job?  

Envision the following:  McCarron plays great, gets us to the playoffs.  Then he plays great in the playoff games, has the aforementioned 4 tds, no picks, wins convincingly.  Then Andy is healed, is reinserted as the starter for the AFC championship game.  He plays his poorly in the playoff game, let's say he throws 2 picks and no tds and we lose (those stats are just based on his 6 picks, 1 td lifetime playoff numbers).  What does the coaching staff do then?  A bit of a conundrum, for sure.  I could see Andy facing competition in training camp next year for the job, possibly with a coaching bias towards the new guy.  

Archived