Jackson III Torn Pec

1 minute ago, Justcallmedaddy said:

Yeah, maybe "tweak" was the wrong word to use. I wasn't implying he fucked it and needed surgery or anything, but enough to either make him stop playing/get trainer attention.

Just didn't want anyone to wonder what that meant when they log in and see all the guys dropping like flies today lol

2 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

A rookie CB with no TC and no preseason or regular season PT isn't going to help come December. If he tore it he is completely done. And I don't think you designate a guy anymore. You just IR people and can bring 1 back. Which they of course would wait until the last possible moment to make that decision.

It is absolutely asinine that the NFL doesn't have some kind of disabled list. They could simply make it a 3 or 4 week DL and if you put a player on the list they must sit out that many games no matter what. It is so dumb to just shut them out for the year or force you to carry a short bench for a while.

Pretty much this.  Guy hasn't even taken a pre season game snap, he isn't going to help us in December.  

2 hours ago, Bunghole said:

"This is an easy enough equation: The less contact there is in practice, the less likely a player can suffer an injury that can hold him out of actual game time."

Like Iverson said: "you talkin' about practice??" The NFL has been on such an anti-injury pogrom, they need to take the next step...get rid of preseason--especially the utterly useless 4 nothing games.

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Multiple reasons today why I have such a visceral hatred of preseason. Fucking useless meat grinder

To an extent.. It also gives teams  way to evaluate and get their bottom of the team guys, special teams and practice squad..

I do think it should be shorter, but they will never do that..

This is just some shit bad luck today..hard to tell how it happened  .

Shitty luck. But in some ways more worried about how this impacts 2017 vs. how it hurts 2016. WJ3 was likely pretty buried on the depth chart this year and would have been mainly a special teamer barring injuries. 

But now, we won't really know for sure what we have in him going into next offseason. Can we let Dre walk and assume WJ3 is ready to step in as a starter? How much does it hurt Jackson's 2017 performance to miss a full season's worth of practice and reps? We saw how rough a second year Dre K. had after missing his rookie season and if WJ3 is being counted on as a starter next year, it'll be tough if he has to go through a bunch of growing pains in what will basically be his rookie year.

9 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

Also said he expects Tyler Kroft to be ready for Week 1.  Sprained knee, no structural damage.

This is good to hear. With Eifert potentially being out Week 1, Kroft will need to be ready to go

10 hours ago, Griever said:

This is good to hear. With Eifert potentially being out Week 1, Kroft will need to be ready to go

Regardless, it'll be a nice early season test for Andy. I'm expecting a MVP type season(again). Cannot wait to see him sling that damn ball. Goddamn this season needs to start

On 8/2/2016 at 10:26 PM, TimKrumrieFan said:

It seems like most practice injuries are not from contact though.

But some certainly are. And with the mounting concussion protocols, the cases of CTE, etc I think it would be a good idea to evaluate what the results of non-tackling teams do. This was pioneered by Dartmouth, and you guys really should do yourself a favor and read this article: http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/the-future-of-football-practice/

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Geez why has the pre season traditionally wiped out potential starters every year. It's crazy?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no interest in talking about luck with dennard. he doesn't ever play. simple as that. he's a bust until proven otherwise. at this rate, justin gilbert is gonna pass him. 

Archived