Coley Harvey moving on.....

Good luck to him. He was "aight" i guess. The fact that every article he wrote had to mention the playoff drought, latest playoff loss, etc. was kind of annoying though. But hell, anything was better than that douche bag Ravens homer Hensley.

50 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Hey I'm just happy there will finally be a sportscaster on ESPN that won't just talk about how great the Stealers are.... We got a bengals guy on there now!

Yeah... Are you being sarcastic?

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Kat Terrell was the Saints beat writer.  Not sure why she is leaving NOLA since she is a local.  Guess  she got tired of smelling piss every morning.

Shit..  You ever been to downtown Cinti?  All the piss smell & none of the culture.

7 hours ago, Lucid said:

Yeah... Are you being sarcastic?

Actually I'm not I know people hated on him and everything but I thought he was okay...  but it seems like every single sportscaster has predicted us to go 7-9 this year yeah he can talk good about the Stealers idc but he will actually have a good indication about our record and how our team is rather than these reporters who havre never been arou gl our team... Saw one report of 4-12... Js it will bet nice to have an opinion from someone with actual knowledge of the team

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I went to TC yesterday and I met Coley, spoke with him for a few minutes. He's a really nice guy, not sure why people hate him so much. 

A lot of people on here don't like ANY of the Bengals beat writers.  I think they are jealous.  :lol: 

Coley was loved and embraced around here when he first started. Ultimately I think his downfall with the fans here was of his doing, but not his fault. Do any of you remember a few years ago when it came out that during the 90's the sportscasters on ESPN had been instructed to ridicule the Bengals? They were told to push a narrative of incompetence and backwardsness. Later when Marvin got here, and that label no longer stuck, I think the narrative changed to one of our players were a bunch of out of control thugs. We were made the poster children of NFL lawlessness despite the fact other teams had similar or even worse track records over that period of time. Since then we have cleaned that up so the narrative has evolved once again to that we are out of control thugs on the field. I don't think Harvey did anything he was not paid to do. It's hard to hate on the guy for doing his job. Now he is being rewarded and put on TV. Hate the game not the player. Boycott ESPN.

ESPN hasn't been on my Telly or computer in ages--other than an occasional game (without sound) and 30 For 30 episodes (actually very well done). I absolutely will not watch SportsCenter. They are a gaggle of incomprehensible circus clowns. 

Not hard to boycott ESPN. You won't miss a thing if you do.

It doesn't matter who the beat writer is gonna be going forward...the only thing that matter is this:

---  Did the Bengals make the playoffs?

---  If they did make the playoffs did they advance at least once,  not a sixth consecutive one-and-done?

---  Did the Bengals make it to a Supebowl, or at the very least a championship game,  and more inportantly,  DID THE BENGALS WIN?!

Ultimately that is all that matters...the only way to stop the constant deluge of the Bengals being the red-haired stepchild of the divison is to win,  and win BIG...period.

1 hour ago, DanvilleBengal said:

It doesn't matter who the beat writer is gonna be going forward...the only thing that matter is this:

---  Did the Bengals make the playoffs?

---  If they did make the playoffs did they advance at least once,  not a sixth consecutive one-and-done?

---  Did the Bengals make it to a Supebowl, or at the very least a championship game,  and more inportantly,  DID THE BENGALS WIN?!

Ultimately that is all that matters...the only way to stop the constant deluge of the Bengals being the red-haired stepchild of the divison is to win,  and win BIG...period.

Horse shit. Half of the teams in the NFL haven't made the playoffs more than once in the last 5 years, but they get more respect than the Bengals.

41 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Horse shit. Half of the teams in the NFL haven't made the playoffs more than once in the last 5 years, but they get more respect than the Bengals.

Still waiting for the outrage over the NFL admitting they blew a TD call that gave Shitsburgh the game..  I guess we deserved that, too?

Archived