Jump to content

Rick

Boycott Both Bengals vs. Browns Games

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

According to the players themselves, they were praying for the country, not making a statement about any one thung.

Can you please explain how he is a thung?  Or thug if you prefer that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RayDoggBengal said:

Can you please explain how he is a thung?  Or thug if you prefer that.

Guessing this is a typo and he meant to say "any one thing"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.  Funny part about the conservatives squealing about "erasing history", just a few years ago there was a huge controversy about the content of public school textbooks and it was the CONSERVATIVES who claimed it was un-American to have a bunch of information about things like The Trail of Tears, Jim Crow era laws, and Gov. Wallace blocking the schoolhouse doors to black kids.  So somehow erasing history from schoolbooks is not as bad as removing a statue from public property.

 

2.  The veterans who claim any protest against government policy is a personal insult to them do not even understand what they fought for.  They also fail to realize that protestors in the 1960's saved the lives of many soldiers by protesting against the Viet Nam conflict.

 

3.  Finally, if you have ancestors who fought for the confederacy them celebrate them by name.  You don't honor them with symbols of traitors who fought against the United States in order to preserve slavery.  I am not saying that everyone who fought for the Confederacy or Nazi Germany was evil, but the swastika and rebel battle flag are symbols of hatred and evil that do not honor an individual in any way.

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Guessing this is a typo and he meant to say "any one thing"

Typo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fredtoast said:

1.  Funny part about the conservatives squealing about "erasing history", just a few years ago there was a huge controversy about the content of public school textbooks and it was the CONSERVATIVES who claimed it was un-American to have a bunch of information about things like The Trail of Tears, Jim Crow era laws, and Gov. Wallace blocking the schoolhouse doors to black kids.  So somehow erasing history from schoolbooks is not as bad as removing a statue from public property.

 

2.  The veterans who claim any protest against government policy is a personal insult to them do not even understand what they fought for.  They also fail to realize that protestors in the 1960's saved the lives of many soldiers by protesting against the Viet Nam conflict.

 

3.  Finally, if you have ancestors who fought for the confederacy them celebrate them by name.  You don't honor them with symbols of traitors who fought against the United States in order to preserve slavery.  I am not saying that everyone who fought for the Confederacy or Nazi Germany was evil, but the swastika and rebel battle flag are symbols of hatred and evil that do not honor an individual in any way.

 

 

This post is stupid. I dont know any legitimate conservatve groups trying to erase the things out of books you claim in point 1.  None.

 

2. I don't know any veterans who claim any protest against government policy is a personal insult to them. What in the hell are you talking about? You are obviously not a veteran.  Kneeling during the national anthem has nothing to do with government policy.  Civillians are not required to do ANYTHING during the National Anthem.

 

3. Ask Native Americans and just about every South American country what the American Flag symbolizes to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Do we honor US Grant as a slave owner? Do we honor him as the leader of a rebellion against our country?

Jefferson Davis does not have a statue because of his time as a minor member of Franklin Pierce's cabinet. Robert E. Lee did many great things in his life, but all of his statues celebrate his time as a CSA general.

 

If you celebrate the hoisting of a battle flag in front of your state’s capitol, and you have roads all over your state that are named after Confederate generals, and you celebrate this 19th century past, it should surprise absolutely no one when people pick up on this and imagine that the South is still at war with the North over whether blacks deserve rights and representation, or even life.
 

When you go a step further and incorporate Nazi symbolism - The greatest mass-murderers of the 20th century - it should surprise no one when people start thinking you may intend something even darker.

I'm in Richmond, and this debate has been raging since the 90's when good white people were horrified that Arthur Ashe might have a statue on their same hallowed road that memorializes their beloved confederate generals. As someone close to the flashpoint - It's always about racism. Anyone who tells you differently is selling something.

I'm just up 95 in Culpeper, my niece and daughter live in Richmond, and this man speaks the truth. I found out a lot about people when the Ashe statue debacle happened. There are a lot of ugly souls hidden behind "christian" facades.

 

So so many people want to say "Obama set back race relations by decades" and they actually state that they believe "bad racism " only exists in the Deep South. This is ignorance by choice, as ANY racism is bad and it exists everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, USN Bengal said:

I'm just up 95 in Culpeper, my niece and daughter live in Richmond, and this man speaks the truth. I found out a lot about people when the Ashe statue debacle happened. There are a lot of ugly souls hidden behind "christian" facades.

 

So so many people want to say "Obama set back race relations by decades" and they actually state that they believe "bad racism " only exists in the Deep South. This is ignorance by choice, as ANY racism is bad and it exists everywhere.

I've lived all over the South, but the craziest racist place I've ever been is Boston.  I know racism exists everywhere, and it definitely lives on in the South, but all the ethnic groups seem to have animosity for each other in Boston.  Just my experience FWIW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I've lived all over the South, but the craziest racist place I've ever been is Boston.  I know racism exists everywhere, and it definitely lives on in the South, but all the ethnic groups seem to have animosity for each other in Boston.  Just my experience FWIW.

 

I was talking to a friend about this; not Boston exactly, but.. Grew up in the South myself, not exclusively but most of my childhood.  When I first moved to Cincinnati, for the longest time I was convinced that there was more racial animosity in the North.  Traveling back to visit family, however, I started thinking about it more and decided I was wrong.  I now suspect Cinti seemed more racist because the races are less divided.  In Southern cities (and there are exceptions, Atlanta being the most notable in  my experience) different races don't mix as much.  There still exists a sort of de facto segregation in the South; neighborhoods, businesses and so on that one group or the other naturally avoid. It's even worse outside the cities, where entire bedroom communities are predominantly one race or another.  Beyond the physical separation, there's also the social/cultural tendency towards avoidance.  On some level maybe it's simply more accepted there, so you're less likely to find yourself confronting it. 

 

In other words, Northern cities are much more integrated so the racism is more of a visible constant. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I've lived all over the South, but the craziest racist place I've ever been is Boston.  I know racism exists everywhere, and it definitely lives on in the South, but all the ethnic groups seem to have animosity for each other in Boston.  Just my experience FWIW.

Racism isn't a southern problem by a long shot. If anything, I think you find the extremes in the south while there's more of a median racism in the north.

I have to confront racism LITERALLY every single day. From the jack-ass with his confederate flag two doors down to the guy in my office who thinks it's appropriate or funny to play the "Barack The Magic Negro" song. They'll be the first to tell you they're not racist...

I know as a liberal white guy who spent most of his youth around black folks - I'm racist. Once you know you have a problem you can go about fixing it. 

IMHO, the north's refusal to see their own racism allows it to pervade. It allows it to lurk right under the surface. Racism doesn't get to hide in the south. So, here you have the guys like me who are trying to beat down the beast within, and you have people who lean into that stuff. No one gets the luxury of not thinking about it or being on the fence.

We're all racists
We're all prejudiced
We're all liars, and we believe our lies
We're all addicts
We're all self-consumed
We're all perverts and we're all hypocrites

It's a perfect world everybody.
 


 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SF2 said:

2. I don't know any veterans who claim any protest against government policy is a personal insult to them. What in the hell are you talking about?

 

That is actually all I heard when Kaepernick first started kneeling.  "IT IS AN INSULT TO THE TROOPS!!!"

 

Kaepernick even released a statement to specifically explain that his kneeling during the anthem had nothing to do with disrespecting the military.

 

Just look at the post from this very thread.

On 8/22/2017 at 9:57 PM, Rick said:

I will add this to why I love my country and respect our flag.

 

I was a career Army rat. I also enlisted in the Navy. I learned from my father and my mother to LOVE America, LOVE our flag, and serve her. So, I have a different perspective than those who don’t stand up for our national anthem.

 

On 8/22/2017 at 0:39 PM, Rick said:

When I served in the Navy, I stood at attention at taps when outside, when the colors went by, before movies, games, etc. It was/is respecting our country and the men and women who fought for our freedoms.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SF2 said:

This post is stupid. I dont know any legitimate conservatve groups trying to erase the things out of books you claim in point 1.  None.

 

http://theweek.com/articles/490841/great-textbook-wars


Conservatives established a majority on the 15-member state board of education, which develops curriculum standards—the content guidelines for textbook publishers to follow. In a series of meetings, the board’s majority demanded significant changes in social studies textbooks. To start, they wanted the texts to establish that the U.S. is a “Christian land governed by Christian principles,” as board member Cynthia Dunbar put it. Some historical figures, the board said, should be made more prominent, while others are downplayed or eliminated. Under the new standards, Thomas Jefferson, author of the notion that a “wall of separation” exists between church and state, would be dropped from the list of primary figures in the nation’s founding, and become a minor figure. The liberal Sen. Edward Kennedy and labor leader César Chávez would no longer appear at all. President Ronald Reagan, meanwhile, would assume new prominence as a national hero, and students would learn about the “conservative resurgence in the 1980s and 1990s.”

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

That is actually all I heard when Kaepernick first started kneeling.  "IT IS AN INSULT TO THE TROOPS!!!"

 

Kaepernick even released a statement to specifically explain that his kneeling during the anthem had nothing to do with disrespecting the military.

 

Just look at the post from this very thread.

 

 

 

21 hours ago, fredtoast said:

 The veterans who claim any protest against government policy is a personal insult to them do not even understand what they fought for.  They also fail to realize that protestors in the 1960's saved the lives of many soldiers by protesting against the Viet Nam conflict.

 

 

 

 

Have YOU ever served Toast?

 

If you've never served then don't you even dare speak as to how a veteran feels or shouldn't feel. You also have no fucking place saying that those who went on harms way "do not even understand what they fought for" or "they fail to realize that protestors... saved many lives". WE understood more than you EVER COULD why we fought and about the protestors out there. Don't forget the protestors spitting on vets, threatening them, and making them feel like shit.. all the while not caring if the poor bastards were drafted against their will.

 

Rick has EARNED the right to feel how he damn well pleases, as has EVERY veteran who ever served. 

 

You will NEVER know each individuals reasons behind why they volunteered, were drafted, what they understood, what they KNEW, and what they realized.

 

Kaepernick started kneeling AFTER he spoke to former Green Beret and brief NFL long snapper Nate Boyer, and after the discussion decided to shift from sitting to taking a knee during the anthem.

 

So Kaepernick changed even how he was protesting, based on how the veterans feel.

 

Go ahead and try to treat it with your analytical left leaning psychobabble bullshit... typical non-knowing fuck who has a alligator mouth and a canary asshole. You think non-conservatives didn't also erase history? Get fucking real you twatwaffle, every fucking party in this countries history tries to erase history, like the current democrats today not taking the heat for what democrats of yesteryear did. ALL POLITICANS ARE FUCKING IDIOTS AND SO ARE THE PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE, TRUST, AND FIGHT FOR THEIR RICH ASSES.

 

As a person who has had their fellow service members die in front of their eyes in service to this country... BACK THE FUCK OFF ASSHOLE.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 24, 2017 at 6:02 PM, kennethmw said:

I'm just wondering where the Benedict Arnold statues are?

There are two, actually--although neither bears an image of him.

 

One is at the upstate NY site of the Saratoga campaign, and the other is at Lake Champlain NY (Valcour Island). Arnold was credited in both monuments (again not by name, as they were erected after the revolution) as a "brilliant soldier" and "skilled military mind" which helped result in two of the key victories in the Revolutionary War. 

 

Noting no such monuments or statues in Britain. 

 

But as a "traitor" in the English employ, he offered to free any slave who joined the Crown. He himself did not own slaves, and was known to have "true appreciation" for England's general opposition to slavery at that stage of the later 18th Century. 

 

His would be a tough decision as to warranting his monuments taken down--by the standards I have read here. He was a double-traitor, and was losing and lost the same war on two different sides. Americans can both admire the "brilliant soldier" who chased the British out of northern NY, and despise the "loser" who later backed the wrong horse (although some accounts attribute this to his wife's Loyalist family). And he was against slavery.

 

And speaking ing of the Loyalists--again by the logic in this thread--should have no monuments either. However, there is one prominent one in North Carolina--commemorating their gallantry at Moore's Creek against the Continentals in 1776. But, since they were "losers" in not only this battle but also ultimately, that precludes them having a monument--even though they were battling "traitors" at the time. And, only 1 in 4 Loyalist families in NC owned slaves. So what should be done about them?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, fredtoast said:

That is actually all I heard when Kaepernick first started kneeling.  "IT IS AN INSULT TO THE TROOPS!!!"

 

Kaepernick even released a statement to specifically explain that his kneeling during the anthem had nothing to do with disrespecting the military.

 

Just look at the post from this very thread.

 

 

So what, it has ZERO to do with government policy. That was YOUR point but in classic Fred form you completely change the narrative.  There is no government policy on what an NFL player or ANY civilian must do during the playing of the National Anthem at a football game but you are correct that many veterans felt it a slap in the face to our soldiers.

 

As a Veteran I don't take any offense for what Kaepernick does because I realize that anyone who almost never publicly speaks in their own defense and would wear a Fidel Castro shirt has the intellect of a bag of rocks. This is all girlfriend driven.

 

The fact is Obama, a black man elected President was in office when all this occurred. Obama was sending the justice dept in to try and fix many of these issues. Unfortunately, we now live in a society of absolutism.  In a diverge country of 320 mil, those like Kaepernick, BLM and  LBGT expect perfection or USE the lack of it to protest.  One cake shop won't bake a cake and the entire left goes batshit crazy.  These movements are about revenge not change.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jesus fucking christ

 

boycott games for people doing what AMERICA allows them to do.

 

BOYCOTT PEOPLE TRYING TO GET BLACK PEOPLE NOT SHOT FOR NO REASON!!! AMERICA!!!

 

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!!!!!

 

WHAT THE FUCK!??!

i could not POSSIBLY support these players and this cause anymore!

this is LITERALLY what america is SUPPOSED to be about.

THIS  is what freedom was faught for.

 

if youre offended, thats on YOU. 

 

decent sized groups of people, sworm to serve and protect the citizens(not just the white ones) who many wear a flag on their uniforms, are killing unarmed black people by the dozens, and so multiple people with a platform are silently and peacefully, protecting these actions...  and THATS what you want to boycott?

 

jesus fuck.

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

 

 

Rick has EARNED the right to feel how he damn well pleases, as has EVERY veteran who ever served. 

 

 

This!!!  While I may not agree with everything Rick or USN Bengal say they have EARNED the right to say it.  We can disagree and fight about everything except our right to our views.  You can fight and question anything a Vet says but you can NEVER shut them down.  Remember they are the reason you are able to voice your views without worrying about someone coming and dragging you out of your bed for saying them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Losers kneeling like Losers do. They would never protect or fight for this Country in a War. Millionaires getting paid off the backs of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice or were injured. Oppressed? Give me a break! They are all scumbags! I only watch Bengals game and if they do it, I am done with the NFL. I will not watch a clown game either when Bengals are playing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

Losers kneeling like Losers do. They would never protect or fight for this Country in a War. 

 

That's a wild assumption on your part.

 

Again I will say that this nationalist stuff where everyone that you disagree with is somehow a lesser patriot than you is dangerous shit.  That path ends in mass graves.

 

Quote

“Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.” ― Arthur Schopenhauer

 

While I understand the military doesn't make these decisions, so no blame there from me.. But is that honestly what you think we were doing invading Iraq? Protecting our freedom? If you want to support the troops how about we start by not putting them in harm's way over some bullshit.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

Losers kneeling like Losers do. They would never protect or fight for this Country in a War. Millionaires getting paid off the backs of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice or were injured. Oppressed? Give me a break! They are all scumbags! I only watch Bengals game and if they do it, I am done with the NFL. I will not watch a clown game either when Bengals are playing.

Bye, Felicia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GoBengals said:

jesus fucking christ

 

boycott games for people doing what AMERICA allows them to do.

 

BOYCOTT PEOPLE TRYING TO GET BLACK PEOPLE NOT SHOT FOR NO REASON!!! AMERICA!!!

 

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!!!!!

 

WHAT THE FUCK!??!

i could not POSSIBLY support these players and this cause anymore!

this is LITERALLY what america is SUPPOSED to be about.

THIS  is what freedom was faught for.

 

if youre offended, thats on YOU. 

 

decent sized groups of people, sworm to serve and protect the citizens(not just the white ones) who many wear a flag on their uniforms, are killing unarmed black people by the dozens, and so multiple people with a platform are silently and peacefully, protecting these actions...  and THATS what you want to boycott?

 

jesus fuck.

 

This!!!!!   100%

 

While I think it's hilarious that Kaep doesn't have a job because he isn't that good of a  QB....people getting pissed about players exorcising their right to do whatever the fuck they want is what this country was grounded on.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2017 at 2:52 PM, USN Bengal said:

 

 

Have YOU ever served Toast?

 

If you've never served then don't you even dare speak as to how a veteran feels or shouldn't feel. You also have no fucking place saying that those who went on harms way "do not even understand what they fought for" or "they fail to realize that protestors... saved many lives". WE understood more than you EVER COULD why we fought and about the protestors out there. Don't forget the protestors spitting on vets, threatening them, and making them feel like shit.. all the while not caring if the poor bastards were drafted against their will.

 

Rick has EARNED the right to feel how he damn well pleases, as has EVERY veteran who ever served. 

 

You will NEVER know each individuals reasons behind why they volunteered, were drafted, what they understood, what they KNEW, and what they realized.

 

Kaepernick started kneeling AFTER he spoke to former Green Beret and brief NFL long snapper Nate Boyer, and after the discussion decided to shift from sitting to taking a knee during the anthem.

 

So Kaepernick changed even how he was protesting, based on how the veterans feel.

 

Go ahead and try to treat it with your analytical left leaning psychobabble bullshit... typical non-knowing fuck who has a alligator mouth and a canary asshole. You think non-conservatives didn't also erase history? Get fucking real you twatwaffle, every fucking party in this countries history tries to erase history, like the current democrats today not taking the heat for what democrats of yesteryear did. ALL POLITICANS ARE FUCKING IDIOTS AND SO ARE THE PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE, TRUST, AND FIGHT FOR THEIR RICH ASSES.

 

As a person who has had their fellow service members die in front of their eyes in service to this country... BACK THE FUCK OFF ASSHOLE.

 

 

USN, I respect the fact that you and Rick served.  I didn't.  But my Father did, my father in law did.  My brother did, multiple cousins did.  I've got soldiers, airmen and officers in my family including a Brigadier General whose currently serving.  But you know what?  They are all black men first, and when they Don't have on that uniform, they often have found that they get the same respect other black men get, which is little to none.  So until you have walked in our shoes, let's stop telling us how we should protest the injustice that are a Daily concern in our lives, regardless of our service to country or economic status.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

I've got soldiers, airmen and officers in my family including a Brigadier General whose currently serving.  But you know what?  They are all black men first.

If they are black men FIRST, they shouldn't be serving. Of course no REAL man black or white would let some whiny crying bitch like you speak for them.  Hey, get that Brigadier General on the site.  I want to hear him say he is a BLACK MAN first, a General in the United States Armed Forces second. 

 

Only an arrogant bitch would proclaim he speaks for any man.  HOWEVER, if that is actually the case in your family, your family is full of pussies. My guess is you are full of shit 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SF2 said:

If they are black men FIRST, they shouldn't be serving.

Shame on you. Kenneth's meaning was crystal clear in his post. That you would cherry-pick it and then attack him absolutely proves his point.

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

But you know what?  They are all black men first, and when they Don't have on that uniform, they often have found that they get the same respect other black men get, which is little to none.  So until you have walked in our shoes, let's stop telling us how we should protest the injustice that are a Daily concern in our lives, regardless of our service to country or economic status.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×