Bengals OG Christian Westerman is UN-RETIRING

1 hour ago, Griever said:

Yes yes i know, "Team Eeyore" but in all honesty i hope he can contribute in a positive way and that his personal issues have been resolved

You've gone soft.  No wonder they kicked you out of The Maze.

On 8/22/2019 at 10:42 AM, Griever said:

Yes yes i know, "Team Eeyore" but in all honesty i hope he can contribute in a positive way and that his personal issues have been resolved

There's not room on a 53 man roster for a guy like this. He was barely an NFL talent to begin with...now that he lost a week of time due to his quitting...he's done. He'll be lucky if he survives this weekend's cuts. 

Christian Westerman spoke with the local media today about his recent hold out from the Cincinnati Bengals.  Westerman said "It was mainly personal.  The last couple of years I have had to cut the grass at Troy and Katie Blackburn's house besides playing football."  The OG was asked what was different this year?  Westerman said "I had a couple of issues.  Before, I had a riding mower to use on the 3 plus acre yard and it wasn't too bad, but that mower broke down and was not repaired or replaced."  Christian continued "they were expecting me to mow with a push mower and it wasn't even self propelled.  I am too slow for that."  Westerman said he came to an agreement with the Blackburn's and they would find a quicker player to take over the mowing job.

The media reached out to Troy Blackburn for a comment.  Blackburn said "It's all true about the mowing situation.  But everyone needs to remember we are a small market team and resources have to allocated."  Blackburn went on to say "One of the redacted details of the new stadium lease specifically says it is the Blackburn family's responsibility to provide gasoline for the mower.  The lease agreement states that Hamilton County is supposed to buy a riding mower for the Blackburn's and also provide maintenance on the unit.  Hamilton County needs to step up and do the right thing."  Blackburn did say that it makes sense to find a quicker player to mow the lawn with a push mower and they have identified the new lawn boy.

Also today, Zac Taylor said that hopefully John Ross can start practicing with team in the next week or two and might be ready for the season opener.  Taylor said that Ross is catching up on the new route running training plan. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Christian Westerman spoke with the local media today about his recent hold out from the Cincinnati Bengals.  Westerman said "It was mainly personal.  The last couple of years I have had to cut the grass at Troy and Katie Blackburn's house besides playing football."  The OG was asked what was different this year?  Westerman said "I had a couple of issues.  Before, I had a riding mower to use on the 3 plus acre yard and it wasn't too bad, but that mower broke down and was not repaired or replaced."  Christian continued "they were expecting me to mow with a push mower and it wasn't even self propelled.  I am too slow for that."  Westerman said he came to an agreement with the Blackburn's and they would find a quicker player to take over the mowing job.

The media reached out to Troy Blackburn for a comment.  Blackburn said "It's all true about the mowing situation.  But everyone needs to remember we are a small market team and resources have to allocated."  Blackburn went on to say "One of the redacted details of the new stadium lease specifically says it is the Blackburn family's responsibility to provide gasoline for the mower.  The lease agreement states that Hamilton County is supposed to buy a riding mower for the Blackburn's and also provide maintenance on the unit.  Hamilton County needs to step up and do the right thing."  Blackburn did say that it makes sense to find a quicker player to mow the lawn with a push mower and they have identified the new lawn boy.

Also today, Zac Taylor said that hopefully John Ross can start practicing with team in the next week or two and might be ready for the season opener.  Taylor said that Ross is catching up on the new route running training plan. 

17250690_3.jpg

On August 19, 2019 at 5:56 PM, oldschooler said:

Why did he bother to "talk to" him? Sure, how ya doin'...you OK? Natural. 

But, if he and Bully Boy really had no intention of giving him a shot going forward--would they not tell him so? 

Would like to see more on this. 

27 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

But, if he and Bully Boy really had no intention of giving him a shot going forward--would they not tell him so? 

Ol' I wanna speak to the manager face...I'm sure the Bengals media will get right on it for you, sir.

What is your obsession with Westerman,  clearly you hold him in higher regard than the rest of the NFL. 

Maybe you get a GM job ala Mike Mayock and sign Westerman so you can finally see him realize his potential. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Ol' I wanna speak to the manager face...I'm sure the Bengals media will get right on it for you, sir.

What is your obsession with Westerman,  clearly you hold him in higher regard than the rest of the NFL. 

Maybe you get a GM job ala Mike Mayock and sign Westerman so you can finally see him realize his potential. 

yeah.. second set of coaches that didn't give him a starting job and our line isn't amazing or anything....   good luck if you catch on anywhere else.

17 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Speculation, speculation, speculation ... but that's what this board is all about.

yes, I am a Christian Westerman fan.

How about the high road?

The conversation was something like, "Chris, we're going to cut you early so you will have a good chance of being picked up elsewhere.

But, if you're not picked up, you're the first guy back when one of the fools we kept steps on their dick." Which should take long and assuming

their isn't some dumpster dive with po-ten-shal they want to pick up until he goes on season ending IR and a full year paycheck.

55 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Speculation, speculation, speculation ... but that's what this board is all about.

yes, I am a Christian Westerman fan.

How about the high road?

The conversation was something like, "Chris, we're going to cut you early so you will have a good chance of being picked up elsewhere.

But, if you're not picked up, you're the first guy back when one of the fools we kept steps on their dick." Which should take long and assuming

their isn't some dumpster dive with po-ten-shal they want to pick up until he goes on season ending IR and a full year paycheck.

WUT??