Jump to content

Potential new head coaches


Recommended Posts

I was firmly in the "no way in hell they fire Taylor" camp but honestly today kinda felt like a true jump the shark moment for this team, similar to Gary Reasons tugging at Dave Shula's cap. This one just felt different. Obviously I have no faith whatsoever that they'll get it right but I at least think now that they'll start fresh next year with someone else leading the way. It may not be much, but at least it's something. New coach and Penei Sewell, I'll take it I guess. It's not like we're going to be getting a new front office so what else do we fans have? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

You say that like giant asteroids aren't a thing and aren't more likely than Mike Brown hiring a competent coach and actually letting him do his job.

I won Ted Nugent  tickets setting the High Score on Asteroids II at Dingleberry’s in Centerville, Ohio in like 1981.  Kind of an Asteroids legend. My gamer tag was Q.  12 year olds worshipped me. I had a car. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

I bet that was a helluva show. Shotgun guitars and flaming arrows onstage. Doesn't get any better than that!

So in High School I had a group of 6 people I went to concerts with. 3 boys 3 girls.  We were all hard rockers and all partook in the Devil’s Weed. We were casual friends at best except we loved hard rock bands, going to concerts and getting high at them.  Concert bros. 
 

I remember to going to Black Sabbath with them and my Journey loving innocent little girlfriend was like, “Can’t I come?”   My answer was, “No.” 

 

Nugent was sooo fucking loud!  I literally picked cigarette butts off the ground at Hara Arena (yeah we could smoke ANYTHING in there) and stuck them in my ears. 
 

Oh, I am so happy missed the shit show today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, SF2 said:

So in High School I had a group of 6 people I went to concerts with. 3 boys 3 girls.  We were all hard rockers and all partook in the Devil’s Weed. We were casual friends at best except we loved hard rock bands and weed. 
 

I remember to going to Black Sabbath with them and my Journey loving innocent little girlfriend was like, “Can’t I come?”   My answer was, “No.” 

 

Nugent was sooo fucking loud!  I literally picked cigarette butts off the ground at Hara Arena (yeah we could smoke ANYTHING in there) and stuck them in my ears. 
 

 

Hara Arena...what a dump!  Haha.  Saw a bunch of shows there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

I was firmly in the "no way in hell they fire Taylor" camp but honestly today kinda felt like a true jump the shark moment for this team, similar to Gary Reasons tugging at Dave Shula's cap. This one just felt different. Obviously I have no faith whatsoever that they'll get it right but I at least think now that they'll start fresh next year with someone else leading the way. It may not be much, but at least it's something. New coach and Penei Sewell, I'll take it I guess. It's not like we're going to be getting a new front office so what else do we fans have? 

I've been a homer fan for the Bengals most of my life...I always try to see the good from the bad...even in the dark periods.  But like you said, today's game really did feel different.  What a shitshow.  I'll try to see the bright side in the future...but I'm not ready for that today...maybe tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

I was firmly in the "no way in hell they fire Taylor" camp but honestly today kinda felt like a true jump the shark moment for this team, similar to Gary Reasons tugging at Dave Shula's cap. This one just felt different. Obviously I have no faith whatsoever that they'll get it right but I at least think now that they'll start fresh next year with someone else leading the way. It may not be much, but at least it's something. New coach and Penei Sewell, I'll take it I guess. It's not like we're going to be getting a new front office so what else do we fans have? 

Yeah I have that same feeling. The halftime adjustments and motivation shown by the Phins was so much beyond what Taylor and his staff is capable of is laughable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they fire Zac Shula, would they actually have a chance at Bieniemy?  I would assume he would have his pick of jobs, but for some reason he hasn't been hired yet.  But with the Bengals he comes with a QB he knows he can win with.  As dysfunctional as the Bengals are, aren't they better than the Jets and Jaguars and Texans?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

If they fire Zac Shula, would they actually have a chance at Bieniemy?  I would assume he would have his pick of jobs, but for some reason he hasn't been hired yet.  But with the Bengals he comes with a QB he knows he can win with.  As dysfunctional as the Bengals are, aren't they better than the Jets and Jaguars and Texans?

 

 

Better?..why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

If they fire Zac Shula, would they actually have a chance at Bieniemy?  I would assume he would have his pick of jobs, but for some reason he hasn't been hired yet.  But with the Bengals he comes with a QB he knows he can win with.  As dysfunctional as the Bengals are, aren't they better than the Jets and Jaguars and Texans?

 

 

Curious why myself. Especially considering the poster.... Tibor thinks that the Bengals job is better than New York or two teams that have won playoff games in the last 10 years? Color me f***ing curious. Do tell my good man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zac should've been fired weeks ago at least no later than the Dunlap fiasco. Carlos getting 11 snaps a game and Geno can't beat out a guy named Christian Covington? Shouldve fired Zac and have Simmons interim the rest of the year to at least see if he has any capability.  Now the main reason for attracting a quality coach has his knee torn to shit and nobody knows how he'll recover til at least draft season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, tibor75 said:

If they fire Zac Shula, would they actually have a chance at Bieniemy?  I would assume he would have his pick of jobs, but for some reason he hasn't been hired yet.  But with the Bengals he comes with a QB he knows he can win with.  As dysfunctional as the Bengals are, aren't they better than the Jets and Jaguars and Texans?

 

Deshaun Watson can ball and Trevor Lawrence will be every bit as good or better than Burrow.  The Texans have made the playoffs 6 of the last 10 years and have actually won 4 playoff games in that stretch.   


Deshaun Watson can ball and Trevor Lawrence and his healthy knee will be every bit as good as Burrow.  Texans have won 4 playoff games in the last 10 years.  

Hard to believe anyone would pick Cincinnati and the outdoor AFC North over Jacksonville and the AFC South.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

 


Deshaun Watson can ball and Trevor Lawrence and his healthy knee will be every bit as good as Burrow.  Texans have won 4 playoff games in the last 10 years.  

Hard to believe anyone would pick Cincinnati and the outdoor AFC North over Jacksonville and the AFC South.  

 

Both Houston and Jacksonville have had meddling owners as well, but they will write a check with two commas.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Anyone know what Zac's contract looks like, as in how many yrs, buyout etc? I can't find anything like that but here's something:

 

https://gossipgist.com/zac-taylor

 

That website lists Zac's personal net worth at $175million. Is that just more internet BS or am I missing something? What accounts for that?

That number assumes he will coach this team for 20 years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Anyone know what Zac's contract looks like, as in how many yrs, buyout etc? I can't find anything like that but here's something:

 

https://gossipgist.com/zac-taylor

 

That website lists Zac's personal net worth at $175million. Is that just more internet BS or am I missing something? What accounts for that?

Zac is making less than $1mil a year here.  For any other organization it is an insignificant amount to buy him out.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Anyone know what Zac's contract looks like, as in how many yrs, buyout etc? I can't find anything like that but here's something:

 

https://gossipgist.com/zac-taylor

 

That website lists Zac's personal net worth at $175million. Is that just more internet BS or am I missing something? What accounts for that?

Ive looked up Taylors net worth on a few sites and yes 175mil it is..Seems his family is very quiet on their holdings and assets..

Mysterious...

Btw Zach brother is Phillys QB coach and hes done wonders with Wentz this year..😒

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Ive looked up Taylors net worth on a few sites and yes 175mil it is..Seems his family is very quiet on their holdings and assets..

Mysterious...

Btw Zach brother is Phillys QB coach and hes done wonders with Wentz this year..😒

 

 

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4654662

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Ive looked up Taylors net worth on a few sites and yes 175mil it is..Seems his family is very quiet on their holdings and assets..

Mysterious...

Btw Zach brother is Phillys QB coach and hes done wonders with Wentz this year..😒

 

 

 

Not hating, but I doubt that....those net worth websites aren't exactly 100% accurate. 

 

His dad wouldn't be scamming people for Oklahoma letterman jackets if they had that kind of scratch.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...