Bengals over Ravens Post-Game Thoughts (Good Bad Ugly etc)

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Sample is JB's  last option unless designed ..that won't be much..

Hes in there for blocking but how well hes doing I dont know..

Oh yea, I know, but he needs to work on his getting open and catching abilities.  I agree he is used for blocking as his main job, but always good to have another sneaky weapon every now and then in the O scheme like the Ravens have. 

Props to Huber too...we didn't have to punt much, but he averaged over 54 yds, 60yd long, and one inside the 20.

I do look forward to both Higgins and Boyd having bigger games as teams spend even more attention to the "chosen 1".  Not really complaining, but Tibor may kinda have a point.

11 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Sample is JB's  last option unless designed ..that won't be much..

Hes in there for blocking but how well hes doing I dont know..

fwiw, Uzomah shouted out Sample for stoning Calais Campbell 1 on 1 on the 55-yard TD pass to Uzomah giving time for that route to develop. 

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Not bad or ugly, but anybody else been a little disappointed in the play of Tee Hee Higgins this year?

I can't think of one great play he's made.  And he's dropped a few.  Disappointing for a 2nd year 2nd round pick.

If you noticed, every time Tee caught the ball today he fought for more yardage straight at the defenders!  He makes extra effort yard after catch.  Impressive.  In addition, Joe over threw him a few times early in game.  Tee is solid. 

13 minutes ago, Robbytruax said:

If you noticed, every time Tee caught the ball today he fought for more yardage straight at the defenders!  He makes extra effort yard after catch.  Impressive.  In addition, Joe over threw him a few times early in game.  Tee is solid. 

Welcome to the board. 

24 minutes ago, Robbytruax said:

"Tee is solid".

Yes..

I look at him as one of the three Star receivers they have..

Hes gonna hurt some teams before long..

The good-complete team effort and will will to win. Anytime something went wrong, they responded...just wow.

The bad-I know it's not the Bengals but could anybody hear me laughing when Lamar Jackson called timeout with the clock running down on 4th and 15 at the Bengals 41 yard line just to PUNT? LOL

The ugly-other than the Baltimore women in the stands, I got nothin'.

4 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

As a fan of the Bengals and TEs, I have screamed for decades for us to throw to our TEs like we did in the 80s and the way teams do against us.  A pass catching TE is nothing but a nightmare for teams if they have very good WRs too and the Bengals have that now.  Well, and it takes a QB like Burrow to make his read progressions too.  Good on Uzomah.  Now they just need to get Sample spun up in getting better.  

I think we are using Uzo just the way we should. Limit his touched and let the D go to sleep on him. Then when we need him the D will have ignored him. I believe he has 5 TDs in 7 games. But just as important is the opportune time of them. 

Good: 

Finally I will put Zac and the coaching staff higher than Ugly!  We had a game plan, we adjusted and WE WON!

Bad: 

Joe's INT, he owes the defense a night out at a steak restaurant for bailing him out.

Ugly:

Empty stadium in the 4th quarter; it's not a good look for the game!  :P

10 hours ago, Numbers said:

Good:. One Hundred Twenty Eight

One Hundred Twenty Eight is the number which guarantees we will continue to receive a fighting chance.  One Hundred Twenty Eight is a tribute to the defense and allowing the opponents only 128 points against us 

... "And Joe Burrow raised the football up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this thy football, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.'

Great Monty Python reference

4 hours ago, Spotto said:

Good: 

Finally I will put Zac and the coaching staff higher than Ugly!  We had a game plan, we adjusted and WE WON!

Bad: 

Joe's INT, he owes the defense a night out at a steak restaurant for bailing him out.

Ugly:

Empty stadium in the 4th quarter; it's not a good look for the game!  :P

Jeff Ruby approves this post.

Another Good and Ugly both was the look on Lemar "Overrated" Jackass's face starting late in the third quarter

when the arrogant ass clown realized what a loser he is and what a real quarterback looks like.

56 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Jeff Ruby approves this post.

Another Good and Ugly both was the look on Lemar "Overrated" Jackass's face starting late in the third quarter

when the arrogant ass clown realized what a loser he is and what a real quarterback looks like.

Jeff Ruby also nostradamus, this tweet aged like fine wine

5 minutes ago, membengal said:

Quick overview of Baltimore sportstalk (105.7 the Fan mostly):

1. Ooops, Bengals are clearly for real; and

2. Massive AJ Green PTSD - as in "we just got rid of AJ Green and NOW WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH CHASE??????"

Love it.

Good- So many choices but I will pick one and say the defense turning Lamar into a pocket QB was a thing of beauty.   We just had a solid month of every pundit and talking head proclaiming NOBODY can figure out Lamar.  You d coordinators about to face Baltimore can thank us now.  

Bad- No longer under the radar 

Ugly- the no call on the headshot to Burrow.  Burrow’s pick was pretty brutal but it’s a team effort.  

Archived