Jump to content

Raiders Week part 2 - AFC Wildcard weekend


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

Peter king just said bengals were offered 5 1  first round picks from dolphins for burrow. I might have taken that  and chose Herbert in 2020 

 

I watched that, they didn't really confirm that, what they said was that it was rumored that that happened but that Brown had his heart set on Burrow so even if that was offered it wasn't going to be taken.

 

To be honest I prefer Burrow, Herbert is good but I've seen games where he can be confused by what defenses are doing to him. I will take Burrow's smarts over that every time.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I think what I've thought for the last month or so.  Taylor has done a great job of creating the culture that guys want to play in.  The Bengals have done a great job at getting good people who want to win, unlike 15 years ago.  The last few weeks Taylor has done a lot better with is playcalling.  Put it in Burrow's hands.  If we're gonna lose, lose with your best player.  There were some games earlier in the season when Taylor seemed bound and determined to make himself part of the game and insisting on doing things his certain way.  I hope he is getting better.  Learning on the job as they say.

 

 

Taylor himself said that, I think it was the 49ners game, kept him up at night, and that he learnt from it. 

 

Don't remember what I was watching about this yesterday but a really good point was made about how Taylor is not a my way or the highway guy that he is open to being wrong and open to collaboration which is what players want.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, spicoli said:

So is Taylor good at what he does or is he just riding along on the JB coattails?

Curious to know what everyone thinks. 

It's crossed my mind - like Kevin Sumlin with Johnny Manziel - mainly when Brandon Allen comes in and the offense is flaccid. I mean, he's the backup, so it's to be expected at some level.

 

Either way, I hope we don't have to find out the answer for a very long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, spicoli said:

So is Taylor good at what he does or is he just riding along on the JB coattails?

Curious to know what everyone thinks. 

I don`t think anyone is riding on coattails, as Taylor is the driving force of most of what is going on with the Bengals. Burrow gives him a lot of credit and the Tyler Boyd pic at the KC win embracing Taylor says a lot. The players always seem to give him a lot of credit. And he and Burrow have both grown and learned a lot together. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, saphead said:

As young as Zac is, I'd like to think he's going to keep growing into the position right along side JB. I hope it's a successful 10 year run or so. 

 

 

The other day on the Sirius NFL channel, Pat Kirwan said: If you hire a HC with no head coaching experience you had better give him 5 years to develop because it takes that long to learn that position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Does to me, too... but it isn't like anyone asked.  I had forgotten he was on the team

until last Sunday.

Mile Daniels is healthy and well rested .

Hes a ball of energy when hes right..

He can play 3tech or nose ..

Allways liked the player in him..

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Mile Daniels is healthy and well rested .

Hes a ball of energy when hes right..

He can play 3tech or nose ..

Allways liked the player in him..

 

 

I was very impressed with Daniels last game...wouldn't mind seeing him the rotation.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The other day on the Sirius NFL channel, Pat Kirwan said: If you hire a HC with no head coaching experience you had better give him 5 years to develop because it takes that long to learn that position.

No one is getting 5 years if they are not winning by the 3rd year. Hell we have the most patient ownership in sports and if we didn`t have a winning season this year Zac would prob have gotten another year but hard to see any other teams having that patience.

    What happened to N- F- L ?  "not for long"

And no one hires a coach that they are planning on giving 5 years training or experience to unless they are confident in their abilities to begin with. Maybe it is taken out of context because it just doesn`t make sense.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CalifBengalfan said:

No one is getting 5 years if they are not winning by the 3rd year. Hell we have the most patient ownership in sports and if we didn`t have a winning season this year Zac would prob have gotten another year but hard to see any other teams having that patience.

    What happened to N- F- L ?  "not for long"

And no one hires a coach that they are planning on giving 5 years training or experience to unless they are confident in their abilities to begin with. Maybe it is taken out of context because it just doesn`t make sense.

 

The comment although a bit over the top was essentially - one does not just become a HC, there is a lot to learn and it takes time. So teams that decide to hire a newbie they should expect growing pains. If they want to win instantly they should consider a HC with previous experience. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...