Raiders Week part 2 - AFC Wildcard weekend

8 hours ago, CalifBengalfan said:

No one is getting 5 years if they are not winning by the 3rd year. Hell we have the most patient ownership in sports and if we didn`t have a winning season this year Zac would prob have gotten another year but hard to see any other teams having that patience.

What happened to N- F- L ?  "not for long"

And no one hires a coach that they are planning on giving 5 years training or experience to unless they are confident in their abilities to begin with. Maybe it is taken out of context because it just doesn`t make sense.

thats why teams stay constantly in limbo too. too many teams drop coaches in 2-3 seasons. look what taylor had to do, he had to talk, get rid of dalton, come back, get rid of every bad attitude or washed up star left, and rebuild an entire offnese, LB core, DL, and DBs, look at this teams roster in 3 years span. and if burrow werent a mega star, we wouldnt be in the playoffs, even with every single other player on the roster here.

In the third season as HC, of the 22, how many starters players exist rom prior to him coming?  Hubbard, drafted a year prior, no other DL, none of the linebackers, and Jessie bates. so 2 defenders. On offense? Joe Mixon, CJ, BOYD, HOPkins, anyone else?  so 6/22 players lasted from the last Coach. 5 years makes a ton of sense, IF there is progress, if there is 3 years and got worse or no progress or terrible picks, i guess move on, but 3 years of moves really only gets you players to rebuild with. we shouldnt be where we are with the overhaul that has happened.. 

8 hours ago, GoBengals said:

thats why teams stay constantly in limbo too. too many teams drop coaches in 2-3 seasons. look what taylor had to do, he had to talk, get rid of dalton, come back, get rid of every bad attitude or washed up star left, and rebuild an entire offnese, LB core, DL, and DBs, look at this teams roster in 3 years span. and if burrow werent a mega star, we wouldnt be in the playoffs, even with every single other player on the roster here.

In the third season as HC, of the 22, how many starters players exist rom prior to him coming?  Hubbard, drafted a year prior, no other DL, none of the linebackers, and Jessie bates. so 2 defenders. On offense? Joe Mixon, CJ, BOYD, HOPkins, anyone else?  so 6/22 players lasted from the last Coach. 5 years makes a ton of sense, IF there is progress, if there is 3 years and got worse or no progress or terrible picks, i guess move on, but 3 years of moves really only gets you players to rebuild with. we shouldnt be where we are with the overhaul that has happened.. 

I didn`t mean to sound like I disagreed with the 5 years. I just meant there had to be progression of getting better. And my point was that just not many other teams than the Bengals are going to give a head coach that much time and certainly not 5 years if they are not having winning records within year 3-4.  Agree teams are quick to fire a coach just look at Flores this year was 10-6 last year. And a lot of Bengal fans were calling for a new coach the 1st 2 season of Taylors regime and blasting him all the time, media included. Always funny watching the talking heads flip like a switch and now the Bengals did almost everything right. 

1 hour ago, CalifBengalfan said:

I didn`t mean to sound like I disagreed with the 5 years. I just meant there had to be progression of getting better. And my point was that just not many other teams than the Bengals are going to give a head coach that much time and certainly not 5 years if they are not having winning records within year 3-4.  Agree teams are quick to fire a coach just look at Flores this year was 10-6 last year. And a lot of Bengal fans were calling for a new coach the 1st 2 season of Taylors regime and blasting him all the time, media included. Always funny watching the talking heads flip like a switch and now the Bengals did almost everything right. 

Very true. Joe Judge is (was) basically in the extact same spot at the end of this season that taylor was at the end of last season. Save for the franchise QB (injured at the time). Judge was saying the same things as Taylor - wants to change the culture but it takes time. Too late - he got shit canned.

If Im a media jerk Id pick the Raiders.

If I take the Bengals id be viewed as Mr. Obvious...

If I take the Raiders I get an atta boy for going against the grain.

Now Im noticed for my insightful abilities as an analyst..

All a crock of shit for the sake of staying relevent to viewers..

And keeping my job..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

If Im a media jerk Id pick the Raiders.

If I take the Bengals id be viewed as Mr. Obvious...

If I take the Raiders I get an atta boy for going against the grain.

Now Im noticed for my insightful abilities as an analyst..

All a crock of shit for the sake of staying relevent to viewers..

And keeping my job..

Well, my YouTube feed is all ______ says the Bengals will win. Because YouTube has recognized that I click on those videos. You probably want to see more videos about the Bengals winning, yes??

Don't forget in our modern times how the algorithm dumbly promotes and reinforces things in our reality tunnels. It is not designed to give us dissenting opinions or a broader understanding of the world. It is designed to show things "Just like the one before it, +/- 5%". Watch one video about Spongebob being a Nazi and you don't get a dissenting opinion... You get every other crackpot theory about Spongebob being a gay alien Nazi.

Look for good news and the machines will feed you good news. Look for doom and gloom, and the machines will feed you doom and gloom. You can create your own feedback loop by consciously managing your inputs into the machine. In our modern age, the media we consume is much more a reflection of our own interior mental landscape than any objective reality.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Well, my YouTube feed is all ______ says the Bengals will win. Because YouTube has recognized that I click on those videos. You probably want to see more videos about the Bengals winning, yes??

Don't forget in our modern times how the algorithm dumbly promotes and reinforces things in our reality tunnels. It is not designed to give us dissenting opinions or a broader understanding of the world. It is designed to show things "Just like the one before it, +/- 5%". Watch one video about Spongebob being a Nazi and you don't get a dissenting opinion... You get every other crackpot theory about Spongebob being a gay alien Nazi.

Look for good news and the machines will feed you good news. Look for doom and gloom, and the machines will feed you doom and gloom. You can create your own feedback loop by consciously managing your inputs into the machine. In our modern age, the media we consume is much more a reflection of our own interior mental landscape than any objective reality.

Absolutely..

When I was much younger I looked at the subliminally of it all.

Hasnt changed..

Archived